• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A good game of Dota 2 is better than any of these games at their very best. These single-player only lists are so out of touch with current gaming.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
TLoU feels like every other 3rd person shooter and I felt like the writing wasn't strong enough to make me forget that.

Games need to be fun first and cinematic second.
This is exactly why TLOU won game of the year 2013 and now game of the decade here. The gameplay, story, soundtrack and characters are all so well done. And it's so much fun. Naughty Dog's masterpiece.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Lol at people losing it over this, as if it isn't considered one of the best games of all time by many.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
There absolutely is. The nature of the physics engine more or less makes it as dynamic as it can be, such as rain making electric attacks stronger or making fire and bomb arrows useless, or using the fire to create an updraft to fly into the air and then rain attacks from above. There's more to its combat than just mashing A up close

There's also also more to TLOU than just mashing A up close, but in both games mashing A up close will service you well enough to complete the campaign.

Don't see why that guy should give one game the benefit of the doubt but not the other. Well, I mean it's obvious why he's doing it lol

Oct 26, 2017
There's also also more to TLOU than just mashing A up close, but in both games mashing A up close will service you well enough to complete the campaign.

Don't see why that guy should give one game the benefit of the doubt but not the other. Well, I mean it's obvious why he's doing it lol
I agree with you. I hate it when people just knock down games they don't like much, almost out of spite. It's weird. I won't say I've never knocked down a game but I don't usually go into threads just do that, like I often seen on here

I just think the poll itself is quite small in scope. Like a random, hidden poll on a random website.
My only guess is is that MetaCritic's poll wasn't even well known enough or people didn't care enough, if something like Dark Souls couldn't muster more votes than that. That's...way too low

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Fromsoft Souls games play about as well as Witcher 3 for me. Which is to say they can keep anything that isn't ArmoredCore to themselves. But Mass Effect 2, BOTW, GTAV and God of War all play better than TLOU imo. God of War is straight up better.

Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's best game full stop.

UC 2 is pretty good but I'd put Crash and Jak above it

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest exclusive of the best selling console of the decade winning isnt surprising, the biggest exclusive of the second best selling console of the decade being second also isnt a surprise.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I thought there would be way more votes for a poll like this. First one only got 300 mentions? What?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, best game from the best studio in the world.
althn6kv0.gif

Damn right!

Oct 26, 2017
Zelda is the definition of awards bait. Critics eat anything that franchise shits out just for being Zelda.
...so why is BotW the first Zelda, hell first Nintendo, game in a long time to dominate GotY awards? And, if we're going by your definition, that would also apply to most Sony games as well but I suppose it's different with them, of course

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is one of those "hot takes" I've been warned about, but you have an alternate list? These are all some of the games I've ever played and the only thing I'd add personally is Outer Wilds.
probably forgetting stuff, but my list would be:
MGSV
Deadly Premonition
Nier
SOMA
Hellblade
Detention
Amnesia
Undertale
Hotline Miami 2
The Last Guardian

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is one of those "hot takes" I've been warned about, but you have an alternate list? These are all some of the games I've ever played and the only thing I'd add personally is Outer Wilds.

This is a good question that really points to how diversified the medium has become over the past decade or so.

There's absolutely no question that every game on that list deserves to be there. They've all finely crafted and have brought joy to millions.

Guess the only rub is that the list simply isn't going to speak to everyone as it leans heavily on big-budget, spectacle gaming, which is only one subset of the gaming landscape.

My personal list would look very different, but that's more of a personal thing. I still have no issue with the MC User list, those are some great games.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
All pretty expected choices. And they're all super dope games.

Sounds like Era is mad according to some posts I've seen. Not surprised.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta specify that version of Skyrim is PC. Mods are essential to the ES experience, imo. :)

BOTW isn't worth arguing anymore. It's good to see The Wild Hunt up there. That game deserves to be near the top of the crop.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Top 3 probably wouldn't even be anywhere near my top 20-30. Skyrim and GTA not even my top 100.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gave that game many tries, but just couldn't get into it. Wouldn't make my top 1000. Zelda and Mass Effect 2 are a different story.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this "the last of us has bad gameplay" narrative is the third dumbest thing ive seen today

y'all wackass

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I get it. Not my pick but respectable. Mine would probably be witcher 3 with skyrim and RDR coming close behind.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
Congrats to Naughty Dog. I've always thought The Last of Us was just good and didn't do anything particularly special. Happy for all the fans through.

My Game of the Decade is probably tied between BOTW and Dark Souls.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Best non-Witcher3 game made this generation. And PlayStation is my least-favorite platform.
But the drama, characters, and tension in The Last of Us are just truly special.