• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Seems more like you have problems with politics, ie, playing the game, not progressives, or progressivism.

Yeah pretty much and...Deepwater gets the drill.

I love how the litmus test here is defending politicians right to go to rich people parties. Its actually quite fascinating. Because that's all that's happening.

Progressivism and Leftism are meaningless terms. Its for people with underdeveloped and contradictory politics to get upset that people who have actually done the thinking call shit out. "uwuu she was raising monies" "uwuu she was making connections" you sound like children justifying fairytales

edit: I'm seeing a pattern here that is that AOC can't do wrong.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But anyways people are getting too heated about this stuff. I don't think it's such a big deal, just cringy but eh.
I totally agree that individually, it's really not big of a deal.
Like the course of American history would have remained largely unchanged if AOC decided to not go to the Met gala.

But I do believe that the fact that our politicians are so friendly with the ultra rich is a huge huge problem, one of the biggest problem with American politics.
And all we have really is outrage since corruption is mostly legal in the US.

Like for real, in most countries in the world it's not legal to give a politician a gift that's worth that much, no matter the reason or intent.

Huh. Huh.

The left needs better leaders.

Her designer sells tennis balls for $45.

vtO2Bs0.png

vxsenSo.jpg

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Like for real, in most countries in the world it's not legal to give a politician a gift that's worth that much, no matter the reason or intent.

Politicians get invites to cultural events in their districts / wards / boroughs / constituencies in literally every western country. "Yes, Prime Minister" was cracking jokes about sir Humphries seats at the Opera 40 years ago.

Re the dress, most outfits worn by people showcasing designers at the Gala aren't given to them. They are loaned for the event, to showcase the designers work.

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

Huh. Huh.

The left needs better leaders.

AOC is friends with a designer, who is dating a rich guy, so the "left" needs better leaders? That's almost Mao or Stalin versions of communism, ie, blue collar, hard work is the only way, no one should have fun ever. Intellectualism = leisure = devil. But where did that lead those two countries?

You guys are being silly now.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the people mad about this are posting Jimmy Dore stan accounts in here that want a red-brown alliance with the Boogaloo Bois.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i just feel like if i were going to critique aoc for who she keeps company with i would probably not post tweets by an anti-vaxx illuminati conspiracy theorist who talks about it's good to be besties with ring wing folks because we're all on the same side? i'm just quirky like that i guess.

like it just feels a little weird to post tweets from someone who, by their own statement, will gleefully join hands with right wingers as long as they sufficiently dunk on this woman? like perhaps their motivations are not actually grounded in leftism?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Re the dress, most outfits worn by people showcasing designers at the Gala aren't given to them. They are loaned for the event, to showcase the designers work.
So let's talk about that, why showcase someone like her?

So check her store -

bDgW9kt.jpg

That used to be a mostly working class neighborhood that got gentrified pretty hard.
It's not even AOC's district.
Just some rich Canadian who sell overpriced crap to rich people. A gentrifier.

They even have a subscription service where they'll send you a loot box every month.

brothervellies.com

Something Special December (Monthly)

Join the Brother Vellies SOMETHING SPECIAL subscription program. Something special delivered to you from our global community. Made-to-order. Every month we will send you a sustainably and ethically made comfort item, each a bit different than the next, and designed with love.
After the 15th of every month, we will make you a sustainably and ethically made comfort item, each a bit different than the next, and designed with love. Special things—like our favorite ceramic vase handcrafted by our artisans in Mexico or an intoxicating hand-poured candle from our New York studio. Each month brings a new surprise.

Are those really the people our politicians should be prioritizing right now?
We just tossed millions of people out of unemployment while they were all on vacation, even just by looks this is gross.

Like I donno, individually those things are not the end of the world, but our politicians constantly hang around those rich people and I think it does baaaaaaaad things to our democracy.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're mad about some random Twitter account being posted, here, maybe this will help:

AOC's "Tax the Rich" dress was designed by Aurora James. James is currently dating American entrepreneur Benjamin Bronfman, who accompanied her to the event. Bronfman, worth reportedly $100m, is the son of billionaire executive Edward Bronfman Jr., and a member of the Lehman family, which founded Lehman Brothers, a huge investment firm which was, in part, responsible for the 2008 market crash.

I'll remove the tweet but the point is valid. This was an empty gesture by AOC and it deserves criticism. She wanted to raise taxes on the rich she coulda started with the people sitting at her table at the gala last night.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If you're mad about some random Twitter account being posted, here, maybe this will help:

AOC's "Tax the Rich" dress was designed by Aurora James. James is currently dating American entrepreneur Benjamin Bronfman, who accompanied her to the event. Bronfman, worth reportedly $100m, is the son of billionaire executive Edward Bronfman Jr., and a member of the Lehman family, which founded Lehman Brothers, a huge investment firm which was, in part, responsible for the 2008 market crash.

I'll remove the tweet but the point is valid. This was an empty gesture by AOC and it deserves criticism. She wanted to raise taxes on the rich she coulda started with the people sitting at her table at the gala last night.

So you think she wouldn't have raised taxes on those people if she had a magic dictator wand? Not even sure what the point of that comment is.

Oct 25, 2017

She can tax people directly? Fuck, good to know. How about we really show her, and tax the shit out of all of her rich friends since she isn't getting it done?

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
I don't know what people want from AOC. Yes, she is at an event filled with rich people. That's why the dress makes a statement. She also works for the goverment, has a comfortable income and isn't organizing a grassroots overthrow of capitalism from a garage. Does that make you uncomfortable too? if not, there's no reason to grill her for this.

Not everything deserves freaking "criticism." This is such a reach to find someway to condemn her. Because that's all that seems to be the goal here, as we ALL know AOC does the work. But I guess it's never enough for some people and literally everything she does + everyone she's associated with needs to be squeaky clean while the rest of the guests are simply admired.

AOC has done more to hold the wealthy accountable than anyone in this thread, period. But keeping going off, I guess.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if that explains the ill fitting suit but some good deeper meaning behind Elliots look