• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hilarious how all of these posts are missing the objective of the thread. No one cares if you don't enjoy a popular game.

This would be a fun thread if people actually did what the OP asks.

OT: Sonic 06 has an amazing soundtrack. One of my favourites out of sonic games.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Fire Emblem Fates is a great looking game, I will always love the tiny 2D sprites on the map.

focusedmaple

Oct 27, 2017
I picked Fallout 4 because I know it's bad. I've worked my way through the campaign twice. Once to see it through, and again to see if it was as bad as I remember.

The shooting felt good.

It's a bad game.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted looks very pretty and has great set pieces. The moment-to-moment escalation in action is pretty neat.
Bicycles are enjoyable to ride in GTA V. Wish more games had bicycles. Touring around town was pretty fun.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Persona 5 is long.
The witcher 3 voice acting is good.
Dmc5 is 60 FPS.
KH3: critical mode is somewhat fun.
Nier automata, ost is awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 gave the basis for the pretty-good RE5 and the criminally underrated RE6 (which is a great action game).
PUBG gracefully faded away as quickly as it came into the public consciousness (I know the mobile version is still a thing, apparently).

Hilarious how all of these posts are missing the objective of the thread. No one cares if you don't enjoy a popular game.

This would be a fun thread if people actually did what the OP asks.

OT: Sonic 06 has an amazing soundtrack. One of my favourites out of sonic games.

Both the title and the OP make this an entirely subjective matter.

Mar 18, 2020
RE4 gave the basis for the pretty-good RE5 and the criminally underrated RE6 (which is a great action game).
PUBG gracefully faded away as quickly as it came into the public consciousness (I know the mobile version is still a thing, apparently).

Both the title and the OP make this an entirely subjective matter.

True, but these threads are always lists of the same widely popular and acclaimed games, only slightly updated with whatever big releases came out since the last one.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Building roads in death stranding was fun for 5 hours.

yooka-laylee has some jaunty fun music

gravity rush 2 is very very pretty

avp 2010 has some pretty great fan service and playing as the predator is alright

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XV has the best incarnation of Ramuh in the series who not coincidentally wields the most beautiful and awe-inspiring summon attack in the entire series. It's still jaw-dropping! Even really liking how FFVIIR's summons are implemented it feels like they lack oomph without animations of that scale.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm one of the very few that actually picked a game that's universally seen as Mediocre/bad both Critically and fan consensus. Lol

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
FF13 has very good music (and also more than decent graphics even if the art direction is all over the place).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm one of the very few that actually picked a game that's universally seen as Mediocre/bad both Critically and fan consensus. Lol
If some of these people truly believe their choices fit the premise, I don't think I could ever take their opinions about video games seriously.

It's not just about different opinions. I really dislike RDR2, for example, as a game I found it a complete chore. I could see, however, that as an experience it was stellar and that if the mechanics didn't bother a person as much as they did me the experience could shine. This is true for many games I dislike or even hate that are popular, but I would never call them "mediocre/bad/terrible/atrocious" because they're clearly not.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
NieR: Automata - The combat and soundtrack are great.

I definitely don't think it's a bad game at all, just an average experience that kind of bored me in several ways.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had cool Blade designs.
FFXV had a good setup with the whole car focus.
Octopath Traveler had a beautiful art style.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my awnser is always the same:

Battlefield 4 - it looks gorgeous

I really fucking hated BF4

Oct 26, 2017
...you guys really can't resist your hot takes in any thread that pops up, can you? Like I dislike some of the games mentioned here with the passion of a thousand suns but I know those don't actually fit within the premise of the OP

Actual Answer: Shadow the Hedgehog has hilarious dialogue that genuinely bring a smile to my face and the opening theme ain't half bad

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Mention one positive of a game you think is mediocre/bad/terrible/atrocious"

Weird, it's almost like OP was incredibly specific and you ignored it in order to feign failure to comprehend and start shit for no reason.

Some folks are really struggling with the concept of people not enjoying their favorite games. Try to take it easy and come around to the idea, especially when mediocre was an option.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Unlimited Saga have a amazing soundtrack and artstyle

Can't say any other good thing about that game.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
"Mention one positive of a game you think is mediocre/bad/terrible/atrocious"

Weird, it's almost like OP was incredibly specific and you ignored it in order to feign failure to comprehend and start shit for no reason.
I did know that, otherwise I wouldn't have picked Digimon World 3. I was just expecting most posts to be smaller tier titles or unknown games most haven't heard off

I'm amused you got offended by post tho. Especially thinking I was trying to start something when it was a simple observation after getting a chance to read the thread.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
We haven't seen the interactive "choose your own adventure" cutscenes in any other game done as well as Alpha Protocol.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
WWE 2K19 was made more bearable by the ability to use your own custom music for entrances (on PC through modding.)
We Want Fun was somehow perfectly timed to the entrance suitable for my Andrew WK19, just threw some reverb on there and that was pretty satisfying.

Last edited:

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did know that, otherwise I wouldn't have picked Digimon World 3. I was just expecting most posts to be smaller tier titles or unknown games most haven't heard off

I'm amused you got offended by post tho. Especially thinking I was trying to start something when it was a simple observation after getting a chance to read the thread.
You know full well your post was phrased in such a way as to suggest that others had not been equally responsive. That's fine, but don't be surprised when someone snags the bait.

You threw in the universal comment as if it was there in the first place and you know you were doing that.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Megatextures!

Load up Rage 1 and pump up the gfx to 8k and then tell me that thing isn't pretty. Its fkn gorgeous, too bad the tech wasn't ready for prime time when it was released.