• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Follow up to the one flaw of a game you consider a masterpiece thread, now the opposite.

Note: Just positives, not why you think the game is bad

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The Card Game in Digimon World 3 is really fun

bonus: the Soundtrack to Digimon World 3 is fantastic.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Going through Dead to Rights: Retribution on PS Now and I wish more games attempted to tackle seamless third person melee fist-fighting/gun-fighting. It's surprisingly fun since the game starves you for ammo/not allowing you to only shoot. Throw your attack dog Shadow into the mix and there are flashes of a great game fairly often.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do like the designs in Breath of The Wild.
FFXIII has some good music.
FFX has fantastic music.
Recent Nether Realm fighting games has a nice story mode in them.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is absolutely bonkers beautiful.

I wish I had less hot takes to share but games I look forward to but disappoint are usually the ones that stick with me compared to more mediocre games that might also had some positives in them.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zero Time Dilemma is an absolute disaster of a game, but it's the sequel to a visual novel that exists solely thanks to the vocal love of its Western fanbase.

Excluding its predecessor Virtue's Last Reward, ZTD is the only entry in any visual novel series to exist thanks to a Western fanbase, that I know of. And that's a remarkable achievement.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
-The Souls games have good combat and character/enemy/boss design.
-Mario Odyssey has good music, especially the Sand Kingdom at night and Another World.
-Mario 64 also has good music.

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Fragile Dreams has a gentle, melodramatic sentimentality in a post apocalyptic setting with a strong sense of art and sound design that it would be nice to see again, since that's totally my thing.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Death Stranding has amazing traversal and some gorgeous landscapes.

Edit: A lot of what Death Stranding does on a technical level is incredible and, very impressive. My comment was based on my personal experience with the game, rather than the quality of it as a technical piece of software.

Last edited:

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
User warned: hostility; antagonizing other users
DQXI has a beautiful art style
The Witcher 3 had good horse mechanics. And decent side quests
Death Stranding has amazing traversal and some gorgeous landscapes.
-The Souls games have good combat and character/enemy/boss design.
-Mario Odyssey has good music, especially the Sand Kingdom at night and Another World.
-Mario 64 also has good music.
Persona 5's first dungeon and menus.
you guys and/or gals literally get nothing out of these hot takes, despite knowing the games you picked are neither bad nor mediocre. Doesn't matter if you didn't care for them or like them, you KNOW they are good games. It's like the people who joke about COVID whenever you cough or sneeze. Congrats? I guess??? So original.

Even if you wanted attention, I don't think more than 2 people other than me will reply to you

Last edited:

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you guys and/or gals literally get nothing out of these hot takes, despite knowing the games you picked are neither bad nor mediocre. Doesn't matter if you didn't care for them or like them, you KNOW they are good games. It's like the people who joke about COVID whenever you cough or sneeze. Congrats? I guess??? So original
Or maybe we actually think it was mediocre? Not every game clicked. Imagine that!

Could it be that we found the gameplay, you know the actual reason why people play games, to be lacking and flawed? Could it be that we didn't enjoy that game? God forbid people don't enjoy what you enjoy

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Or maybe we actually think it was mediocre? Not every game clicked. Imagine that!

Could it be that we found the gameplay, you know the actual reason why people play games, to be lacking and flawed? Could it be that we didn't enjoy that game? God forbid people don't enjoy what you enjoy
It is amazing how much goons want to play the opinion police, but are also the first people in line to go "its subjective!!!!!!!".

On topic: John Marston is a pretty good character in Red Dead Redemption. The music in Persona 5 bangs.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
you guys and/or gals literally get nothing out of these hot takes, despite knowing the games you picked are neither bad nor mediocre. Doesn't matter if you didn't care for them or like them, you KNOW they are good games. It's like the people who joke about COVID whenever you cough or sneeze. Congrats? I guess??? So original.

Even if you wanted attention, I don't think more than 2 people other than me will reply to you

I was just saying an opinion, no reason to get overly triggered about it.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
  • Darksiders II has a phenomenal soundtrack that deserves to be in a better game. It's not bad, it's just mediocre - while the soundtrack is one of Jesper Kyd's all time best.
  • Legend of Heroes Trials of Cold Steel, the entire school mechanic is so good while being different from Persona, that Fire Emblem Three Houses straight up copied it shamelessly and then improved on it. I wish this saga was as good as the original trilogy but in all honesty it's just an okay AA JRPG
  • Legend of Legacy is a brutally difficult game that is mediocre in everything it does, and the game punishes you for trying to like it... but the sense of adventure and uncovering new maps is amazing. Also the mechanic of having elements established in the battlefield is cool. The rest of the game is so brutal, it's hard to enjoy. The final boss is bullshit

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 is fucking gorgeous and the attention to detail is the best I've seen in the medium

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019

I don't think you get to play innocent, you know your opinion is a hot take for a reason. There are plenty of mediocre games you've definitely played, but you went for the hot take

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017

This is the biggest hot take in this topic. People only mention the good in games they may consider mediocre at best and you STILL have to argue about it? Congrats? I guess???

- Trails of Cold Steel is a good game and much better than DQXI

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you get to play innocent, you know your opinion is a hot take for a reason.
Nah, boy. I ain't playing innocent. I don't like the game and I think it's mediocre. If you have a problem with it, then that's a you problem. You get to kick rocks and be a pissant baby about it, I don't give a fuck. Go cry about people's opinion some more. I'll watch.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Project X Zone is poorly executed on every front except its beautiful attack animations.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You know they might just not like those games right? It's not always about getting attention. Plenty of people love the games I mentioned, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise, but they didn't work for me.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zelda OOT has nice puzzles and music.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sonic Forces actually made you feel like something was happening in the story when it would have cutscenes, and Sonic Team hadn't done that in a while. Its been really rough for the 3D games...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Alright an actual bad game:

Alien Colonial Marines has some neat environments. Not as good as the original E3 demo they showed off but it's still neat going through the movie scene locations and the various places in the colony. Also the gam has functioning splitscreen.