• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Era, needing a bit of help as I'm getting married in June and I have yet to pick out a band for myself. The trouble is I'm not sure which sites are reputable, and it's a pain in the ass to track down real reviews and not stuff that might be full of a ton of influencers and bots. So I figured I'd ask the place where wedding influencers would least likely exist.

So does anyone have any experience with sites selling rings, and any you'd recommend?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
We got ours through James Avery. Reasonable prices and I liked their designs. Kept it simple, hammered silver.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ORG-14KY-Side1_1200x1200.jpg

I guarantee you'll never want to take it off

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry OP. My wife got mine from a store with my input. I just went for a gold band. Simple, and I feel like it's a timeless look even though silver was in when we got hitched

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Get gold, platinum, or titanium.

I got tungsten carbide and my ring has never fit right. And I am stuck with it because apparently no one can size these fucking things.

Get sized in person and just pick a ring from an online retailer.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry OP, I got mine from a local jeweler. it looks like this.

tungstenRing__41130.1425349874.jpg

Whatever you decide, I'd recommend getting tungsten because it's so hard to scratch and doesn't bend easily. I've had mine for about two years and would buy another one if I ever lose this one.

Last edited:

Talonluck

Oct 27, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
I've got a tungsten one. It's ok. I'm interested in one of those silicone ones. I don't like the feeling of jewelry or watches so light and non metallic would be refreshing it feels like.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I got a custom blue titanium one from some dude on Etsy. I like it, although I've never been a ring person and I know if it ever gets stuck my finger is coming off and not the ring, so I don't wear it often.

It's the opposite of fancy but I've actually been tempted by those silicone bands you can get. Comfort sounds nice.

I've got a tungsten one. It's ok. I'm interested in one of those silicone ones. I don't like the feeling of jewelry or watches so light and non metallic would be refreshing it feels like.

pJMNy5v.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Era, needing a bit of help as I'm getting married in June and I have yet to pick out a band for myself. The trouble is I'm not sure which sites are reputable, and it's a pain in the ass to track down real reviews and not stuff that might be full of a ton of influencers and bots. So I figured I'd ask the place where wedding influencers would least likely exist.

So does anyone have any experience with sites selling rings, and any you'd recommend?

Hey congrats, I'm also getting married in June. Can't help you with rings since I'm just going to use my engagment ring. But best wishes!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Note: Don't get anything made of tungsten.

If you even injure your finger with it on, the results won't be pretty.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I got a custom blue titanium one from some dude on Etsy. I like it, although I've never been a ring person and I know if it ever gets stuck my finger is coming off and not the ring, so I don't wear it often.

It's the opposite of fancy but I've actually been tempted by those silicone bands you can get. Comfort sounds nice.

pJMNy5v.gif
You know they can cut titanium rings now, right?

I dunno how that Urban legend is still going.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm getting married in June as well and we got ours through Jcpenney.

My fiancée works there, so we got a good discount.

Mine is just a solid gold band.

AliasGreed

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry OP, I got mine from a local jeweler, it looks like this.

tungstenRing__41130.1425349874.jpg

Whatever you decide, I'd recommend getting tungsten because it's so hard to scratch and doesn't bend easily. I've had mine for about two years and would buy another one if I ever lose this one.

One comment: If you work in an industrial job don't buy tungsten, ifor safety purposes it's not allowed.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about sites, but make sure to check if you or your SO have nickel allergies. Some common materials like white gold and sterling silver contain nickel, so avoid them if you're allergic.

TriceraPops

Oct 25, 2017
"Official" ring is a metal band which I only wore on the wedding day.
Everyday ring is a silicone ring with lifetime warranty; which payed off when I lost it in the ocean on the first day of our honeymoon...and again somewhere in our house.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
This is the exact same one I have, purchased from the same website. Similar ones often go for around $150 at a jewelry shop.

If you need something safer in case of your job/not wanting to constantly wear Tungsten, then you can also purchase one of the cheap silicon bands from Amazon for like $5.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
Double milgrain white and yellow gold band from a local shop here.
My father has my great grandfather's 1930 art deco ring and I wanted something close to that.
His looks kinda like this:
c0c63a1aa85783c1f9dd970b7d92db01.jpg

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I got a titanium band with an inlay of desert ironwood and turqouis from Wedgewood Rings and I love it. It holds up really well, doesn't show scratches (if you do get it scratched, a little polish and it's back to fine), and it's super light weight. I never wore jewelry before this, so its been a change, but I forget I'm wearing it sometimes.

il_fullxfull.571293273_663d.jpg

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I got mine from Manly Bands. It's a dumb name, but great quality ring. Mine also came with a free silicon ring, which is great for exercising. They have a lot of rings on there I'd like to get.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just have a very simple plain titanium band.

Must confess, I have wondered about it being able to be cut off should the need arise, so glad someone has already put that fear to bed!

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I legit thought this thread was going to be about finding a wedding band (musical act) for a gay marriage between two men. I'm disappointed that this wasn't the case.

We got our bands from a local jeweler. Went with white gold. I've had it for 9 years at this point, it is definitely susceptible to scratching, but still looks nice.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tungsten is a great conductor of electricity. Get Titanium if you like tinkering with your PC often.

My fiance refuses for me to have a cheap one from Amazon but if it were up to me I'd just get it from there. They look identical to the stuff at Zales.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One comment: If you work in an industrial job don't buy tungsten, ifor safety purposes it's not allowed.
What industrial job allows you to wear ANY metal ring? All metal rings will fuck your day up if they get snagged.

Tungsten can't be cut but hitting it with a hammer will shatter it. I broke my first one in half between two kegs.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of Tiffany's. But you can go anywhere for a wedding band.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

The exact same boat, got the ring could not stand it and have not worn a band for about 9 years. Wife is getting me a silicone one to try and it should be at our house tomorrow.

Went with groove life from what i read it doesn't trap moisture as much as the other silicone ones.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Thinking about this too. Fiancee has joked about me getting a dinosaur bone ring that we stumbled upon online and it appeals to me far more than it should on the basis that I'm a fucking nerd. I half don't want it on the basis that it's expensive and I'm not sure how I feel about crushing fossils to put in rings lol

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I got a hammered silver ring from etsy as my band when I got married. I'm not a ring person at all but I loved it. Never left any residue or anything on my skin either.
Whether or not you get residue on your skin from wearing silver jewellery depends on your own body chemistry. From memory sulphates in sweat vary from person to person and those tarnish silver alloys.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Are you buying from some random website for budget reasons? If not, find a local jeweler. I had my custom band made for like $500. Sterling silver with a wood grain pattern with my wife's name worked into the grain.

OP
OP
Ferrio

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Are you buying from some random website for budget reasons? If not, find a local jeweler. I had my custom band made for like $500. Sterling silver with a wood grain pattern with my wife's name worked into the grain.

Very small town, not many local jewelers and not much of a selection. I'll hit them up to look around, but most likely I'll get the ring from online.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Getting married in May and also need to figure this out. Don't know the first thing about jewelry. Will definitely take the suggestions in this thread to heart!

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Whether or not you get residue on your skin from wearing silver jewellery depends on your own body chemistry. From memory sulphates in sweat vary from person to person and those tarnish silver alloys.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I just always heard people complain about silver leaving residue and thought that was just something all silver did.

The one I got also had this weird finish to it where it seemed like it was "dyed" black and then most of the black rubbed off of it to complete the ring, but I don't know anything about finishing metals, or chemistry in general. Was really neat though.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I love my silicone one. Super comfy and I don't feel like I have to take it off when I run or go to the gym.

Men's Metallic Score Strata Silicone Ring

Meet our multi-layered silicone ring. Inspired by the layers of rock formed at the Earth's surface, Strata's dynamic, two-tone design combines modern style with comfort and durability. Strata is part of QALO's Modern range of fashion-forward rings designed to help you stand out from the crowd.

Highly recommend

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are people's thoughts on silicone wedding bands?

Get something nicer for the ceremon/wedding pictures (and maybe future formal occasions), but silicone bands are fine for casual day to day usage. Unless you live in the world of cuff links and designer watches, no one will care that you're wearing a silicone ring.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the market for a wedding band as well. I'm digging the hammered style, probably in platinum (to match my fiancee's engagement ring/band) and comfort fit. Pricey, but it's the only jewelry I'll ever buy myself, retains value, and that's what financing is for.

Oct 27, 2017
So I ended up making mine. I carved a design out of wax and sent it to a gold caster to be filled in. All told it cost about $800 for all of the courses and materials I took to learn how to do it. It came out great, but with one small caveat. I realized a hated wearing a ring hah. I bought a $15 Qalo for the gym and pretty much wear it all the time now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just grabbed a tungsten/ceramic. Black on the outside and silver in the middle. Kinda like this but without the grooves.
JWM0137

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
I'm lucky enough to be near the Jewellery Quarter in the UK where you can get rings direct from local manufacturers at trade prices. I had never wore a ring so was unsure what to go for but with so many different cuts, weights and styles I think it's definitely worth going somewhere you can try plenty on - even if you buy it online after.

I went for a dual finish platinum in the heaviest weight they did as I wanted to make sure I could feel it on - was scared I'd lose it if I went too lightweight.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On a relatively similar note - I'll have to tell my fiancee in some way that I am not interested in wearing a ring. Although the silicone thing might be a compromise I can suggest if things go awry.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I got a titanium band with an inlay of desert ironwood and turqouis from Wedgewood Rings and I love it. It holds up really well, doesn't show scratches (if you do get it scratched, a little polish and it's back to fine), and it's super light weight. I never wore jewelry before this, so its been a change, but I forget I'm wearing it sometimes.

il_fullxfull.571293273_663d.jpg

I pretty much never wore jewelry either and I've been looking at this guy for the last couple years. The two below are things right in my wheelhouse if I wanted a wedding band.

www.wedgewoodrings.com

Damascus Titanium Mokume-Ti Ring — WedgeWood Rings

This made-to-order Damascus Titanium Mokume-Ti Ring will ship within 3-4 weeks.
www.wedgewoodrings.com

Titanium and Whiskey Barrel Oak Ring — WedgeWood Rings

This is it. This is the one. Every other Whiskey Barrel Oak ring out there (including my own work) is just a riff on this ring, created nearly two decades ago. Only WedgeWood Rings offers dozens of distillery options to customize your whiskey or bourbon wood ring.

I wish the guy was still able to make these:

www.wedgewoodrings.com

SR-71 Blackbird Ti and USS North Carolina Teak Wooden Ring — WedgeWood Rings

The metal portion of this ring is made from the ejector nozzle of an SR-71 Blackbird. It was sourced by a customer who liked the idea of my Cobalt/ USS North Carolina deck teak ring, but had an idea to make it even more badass. She commissioned the Ti portion of the ring from a f