• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I just tried. Got to 60 before I needed a break. I've been lifting for years though.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can do 30 in one go. Am I still gonna die? I guess I could do 40 if I didn't get so damn bored.

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to go to 65 before muscle failure. I've been lifting for 10 years though. Maybe I could've done more if shoulder day wasn't yesterday.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I was only able to do 26. But to be fair, both of my arms are extremely sore from lifting old glass tube TVs from work.

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
with push-ups it's always my triceps that give in first and it's annoying. I've tried several different forms with elbows flaring out or close to the body, wide hand positions, shoulder wide etc. but it's still the triceps that gets sore the hardest by far.
I've managed to hit 40 with good form and 10 more half-reps because my triceps was just blocking out. It's disappointing because my bench has actually improved

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I never do push-ups (but I do lift weights 4x a week). Just tried and hit 40. Woooooooo!

xzoowy

Oct 27, 2017
40 pushups with proper form and pace(that accumulate meaningful time under tension and not just rely on momentum) is definitely not 'easy', unless you train pushups on a regular basis.
If you never train your upper body, just reaching 20 is already challenging as seen in this video that showcases well trained cyclist with low body weight.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This is it, the best video on how to do the proper push up I've seen.

I do 6-8 sets 25 reps throughout the day. I've never tried to do 40, but I think I can do it since I train regularly.

For noobs, follow this video, form is very important. Start out with a small amount and work you way up to doing a lot. Just keep doing em! You will get better and be able to do a lot with time!
Yep. This really is the best video for doing push-ups. Came across it a while ago and it's helped me a bunch. Hint: if you're not doing it like this guy, you're doing it wrong. Also, don't force yourself to do shitty push-ups, you'd only be risking a rotator cuff injury (I speak from experience).

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a P90X junkie, now I mostly ride bikes for exercise. But yeah, I can crank out 40 in like 45 seconds or so thanks to Tony Horton. I'm 47 FYI. Damn, I'm old.