• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
User banned (permanent): sexism, history of similar behavior
Really cant stand thompson.
Look okish but i need smith to get excited.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kept getting a feeling that it looks like it was shot as TV show for USA. The camera movements, lighting and cinematography just looked... odd. Reminded me of something like Burn Notice.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Seeing Hemsworth and Sony gives me some bad GB16 vibes. The trailer was fun, though not holding out much hope for the full movie.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I keep missing it. Anyone got a screenshot from the trailer?

At work, so no screenshot from me. Description of said painting in the spoiler.

There's two paintings shown, one with Neeson and Hemsworth's characters, and the second is a painting of J and K fighting against Edgar.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks fun. I've been excited since those two were announced to be starring.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks fun.

God Hemsworth is handsome

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
But f8te was the worst, second worst one.

I dunno, looks like it's trying to swing much more comedic action than the first MIB.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Nahhh...nope.
Idk...I mean it's been a consistent skip since the departure of the Smith/Jones tag team for me.

This looks like a stream to me.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Well, that certainly was a Men in Black trailer. Can't say it did much for me, though.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
"It looks soulless", "it looks like a TV show", must be action movie o clock on Era!

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Oh snap!"
The jokes are pretty meh, but the movie be could be fun just for casting Tessa and Chris together again.

Jul 18, 2018
I think they both can bring charisma to this movie and their dynamic as partners seems good. That itself will be enough for me to enjoy this flick.

Oct 27, 2017
Had absolutely no clue that the Men in Black name had this much juice to warrant this and it seems too soon to consider this a reboot.

Weird

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly enough, I keep seeing these sequels and mildly enjoying each. No reason so far not to do the same here.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really feeling this! Which is nice since I've been feeling eh on a lot of movies. But spiderverse, bumblebee, and this are all making me look forward to going to the movies!

Dennie Dee

Oct 26, 2017
Bruges, Belgium
Directed by F. Gary Gray so we've got someone competent behind the wheel. But the trailer didn't do anything for me. Hemsworth is a good comedic actor, Neeson is always a joy to watch an Thompson is...yeah, Thompson. Besides her cheeky role in Westworld I don't really get why she's that popular. I must be getting old.

Anyway, big fan of the franchise and it's off beat sense of humour which was largely absent form this trailer. It will be hard to beat or even come close to Smith and Jones' chemistry and banter, which was the heart and soul of the movies to me.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Alien buddy comedy minus the whole Alien thing. This film seems more for college age teens than fans of the MIB franchise.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
At work, so no screenshot from me. Description of said painting in the spoiler.

There's two paintings shown, one with Neeson and Hemsworth's characters, and the second is a painting of J and K fighting against Edgar.

Are you sure about the first one ?

Because it looked to me like a reference to the comic book agents

RefFvam.jpg

Jan 10, 2018
The Thompsons are great, but hoo boy that was a bad trailer.

Also I just groan at this point when I see that London establish shot.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
This trailer was a lot of great actors that I've seen be great in other movies come together for a generic-looking CG-fest. It looks like such a retread of the original movie, but it "feels" wrong. The humor reminds me of basically every middling comedy to come out lately. Not impressed at all.

I'll have to give trailer #2 a watch.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not tired of Chris Hemsworth playing a badass dork. It's gonna be great.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Giving some ghostbusters 2016 vibes...except not as cringe jokes. It's the generic cgi and beardless goofy hemsworth I guess.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I believe I've only ever seen the 1 MiB film. Are there more? Don't reply I'll go and look it up. Huh, there have been 3 of them. Have I seen the 2nd one?? Anyway, internal memory tests aside. This trailer made me think of the latest Ghostbusters movie for some reason. It being unfunny is the main one I think. Still could be good.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I believe I've only ever seen the 1 MiB film. Are there more? Don't reply I'll go and look it up. Huh, there have been 3 of them. Have I seen the 2nd one?? Anyway, internal memory tests aside. This trailer made me think of the latest Ghostbusters movie for some reason. It being unfunny is the main one I think. Still could be good.
2nd one sucks, 3rd one is actually okay....ish. It has a few good character moments at least..

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that looks like an MiB film. I haven't enjoyed them much since MiB 1, and this isn't making me want to rush out and see it. They should've had Linda Fiorentino be cast in the spot Emma Thompson was. Would've been a great throwback to the end of the original since we never heard a damn thing about her after that.