• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like another hot 6/10 you catch on TV in six months

you'd think after a decade of Thor Hemsworth would have a half decent English accent down, but nope

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Hopelessly lacking in charm, heart, humour and a bad soundtrack. Looks like a modern reboot.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So many jokes in this trailer and yet not even one was funny.

Not a good sign.

Most of them weren't even jokes.... just empty dialogue where you'd expect a joke to be.

"Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut" *presses turbo button*

Not funny, but also not useful. Its just a thing that was said...

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I liked MiB 1 & 3 and like the concept but this...I don't think I can drag myself to it.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pretty sure when she says "20 years ago you erased my parent's memory" - the first shot looking down from her window is Jones & Smith standing outside the car.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really bad, like bottom-of-the-barrel bad. Looks like a completely charmless retread. Just nothing in the trailer worked.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
found the predecessor:

maxresdefault.jpg

film looks like absolutely shit

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I kinda liked the trailer. It looks better than the last one. Plus I think Hemsworth and Thompson have good chemistry.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hyperbole on Era never ceases to impress. It doesn't look even remotely bad, but it doesn't look very good either. Looks like the only thing they were interested when they made this trailer was all the aliens and gadgets. Which I get, but it needed something more.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, this looks fun at least.

Wonder if anyone from the original MIB movies will make an appearance.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like something I'd watch on Amazon Prime if Netflix wasn't working and I couldn't find anything else on.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Charismatic cast, but they don't seem to have much to work with.

I hate how the sequels and this ramped the technology up to absurd degrees. Remember the first Men in Black where the headquarters was just a pretty regular building hidden under another government building? Now they've got massive and complex infrastructures spanning entire cities, which serve only to allow for stupid CGI-enfused transition sequences. Not everything needs to be a rapid mile-long elevator or transport system. It's not exciting or compelling.

Pretty sure when she says "20 years ago you erased my parent's memory" - the first shot looking down from her window is Jones & Smith standing outside the car.
In the trailer it's clearly two white guys, neither of which look like Jones. Could be a swerve just for the trailer however, since that's definitely the kind of connection the studio would love for something like this.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that trailer did not do anything for me, also that music feels completely off. Is this part of the MiB universe or is this actually a reboot replacing Will Smith and Tomme Lee Jones? I miss Will already, they should just use the deaged Will from Gemini Man if they think he's too old

Oct 27, 2017
In the trailer it's clearly two white guys, neither of which look like Jones. Could be a swerve just for the trailer however, since that's definitely the kind of connection the studio would love for something like this.

The first shot before it cuts is deffo supposed to be Smith and Jones. The next shot is two different people who it might be just a weirdly edited snip.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that trailer did not do anything for me, also that music feels completely off. Is this part of the MiB universe or is this actually a reboot replacing Will Smith and Tomme Lee Jones? I miss Will already, they should just use the deaged Will from Gemini Man if they think he's too old
its in universe, the first trailer had a shot of will and tommy in a painting of them fighting the edgar bug.

zu91j8l.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this looks great.

Also, Liam Neeson is obviously the bad guy

I'm calling it now - the Hive doesn't exist, the whole "they can appear as MIB agents" thing is a cover used by Liam Neeson to pretend aliens are the bad guys (maybe he's xenophobic and wants to kick all aliens off Earth or something) and Tessa was sent to London because there's no way she could be working with Neeson.

In fact, the question we'll be asking ourselves is whether or not Hemsworth is a bad guy too.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it was laugh out loud hilarious but I love the MiB universe for how creative it gets and honestly this looks to be just as in line. I'm in.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
The hyperbole on Era never ceases to impress. It doesn't look even remotely bad, but it doesn't look very good either. Looks like the only thing they were interested when they made this trailer was all the aliens and gadgets. Which I get, but it needed something more.
Seriously, it looks like a fuckin Men in Black movie. I don't know what other Men in Black movies people have seen that look different, but for better or for worse, this looks exactly like the other three. (for me it's for the better because, 2 aside, I love the franchise and apparently know where to set my expectations)

I could also listen to Kumail Nanjiani talk all day so that's a huge bonus for me, I didn't know he was gonna be in this :D

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It lacks the charm that Will Smith brought (that really carries the other movies).

This movie (and I can't quantify this) lacks that charm.

Kumail might be the best part of the trailer.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
The two mains were not charming enough so you had to add a soulless little alien buddy to tag along too?

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised by all the negativity about this. I was in the moment they revealed the cast and the trailers give me the same vibes the original movies did. Looks like it'll be a fun movie to see in theaters.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
A few years ago, they started adding 3 second "micro teasers" before every online trailer.

Why? **Edit - Nevermind it was answered above.

I heard this was awful.

And I do mean awful.

It'll be interesting to see whether Sony managed/bothered to 'fix' this in post or not.

Wait, I thought there were no screenings yet? I'm morbidly curious, can you share a link please?