• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A drive-through order at a Tennessee fast food restaurant took a violent turn Tuesday.
A customer angry about how long her order was taking at Burger King decided to shoot up the restaurant, and it was all caught on camera.

It all started when she got angry about how long she was waiting in the drive-thru for her food, police said.
She got out of her car, walked up to the drive-thru window, started arguing with an employee before she began shooting, according to officials.
Surveillance video shows employees run for cover, as well as a glimpse of the shooter's car.
No one was injured, WHBQ reported.

https://abc7.com/tennessee-burger-king-shooting-fast-food/10485440/

Going to jail over BK's shitty food aint worth it. Lol. I'm glad none of the employees were injured in the incident though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What is it about drive thrus that cause people to lose all evolution given commonsense?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
It amazes me how angry ppl get over the most nothing things, thankfully in retail I've only had a customer threaten to cut me over a cake. To get locked up for this is wow.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If it had been a Popeyes they would have shot back.

IF it was a Churchs' they would have shot back, then stole her wallet and shoes

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She didn't have it her way.
I worked bk a long time back and remember hating the night shift.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Not that these type of incidents should be happening anyway, but this is also another reason why curbside delivery needs to be a permanent thing going forward.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
A. There's no reason ever to get this mad at an employee in a store/restaurant and the fact service industry employees get yelled at let alone shot at is a massive indictment on their customers.

B. What the hell did she think she was going to accomplish? They're not going to give her the food if she's shooting at them.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What is it about drive thrus that cause people to lose all evolution given commonsense?
Having worked jobs with drive-thru windows, people have this pre-conceived notion of the drive-thru being magically faster. A normal wait in a drive-thru sends people into a rage.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, hope the employees aren't too shaken up about it.

Hope they find the lady. The article implies she ran off after shooting, which is just... why didn't the lady just drive away in the first place if she was so upset? The thought process of dumbass customers never fails to baffle me

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
2m2qc9.jpg

just fuckin wait in line

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This feels very similar to a BK shooting that happened near my old neighborhood last year, except that unfortunately someone did die in that incident.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
If it had been a Popeyes they would have shot back.

IF it was a Churchs' they would have shot back, then stole her wallet and shoes

What? Popeyes have drive thru locations?

If the fucking wait times we get here in Canada at walk-in Popeyes are any indication, then would they have shot back after a 10-12 minute delay?

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
If I haven't paid yet, I'll just pull out of line and leave after like 10 minutes.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand this reaction if they didn't give you that badass crown you asked for, but it's unacceptable to pull out a firearm because your fries are taking an extra minute to cook.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
For a crime this stupid, there's probably some mental illness and/or drugs also involved. Still, though...

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I am shocked they don't up there

To this day, I can't grasp at why they don't. Every other fast food place basically has a drive thru option. It makes no sense

I always thought one of the reasons why they have slower service and try to car salesman(but in a polite way) you into other chicken choices(i.e. regular instead of the spicy that you want) is because of the lack of drive thru infrastructure.

But then thanks to ERA and RDCworld1, I found out that this is a common theme on the continent.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even by our usual standards for meaningless violent crime, this was a real wtf story when it got around locally a few days back. Hope the employees are doing alright, after getting shot at for no reason.

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I used to live near that area. There used to be an really wild nightclub that would get named dropped in 3-6 Mafia songs. Not surprised at all.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But let's applaud more people buying guns. Fuck that shit.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

You're hungry, the employees are underpaid and don't give a shit, it was a struggle to order, your order is still wrong, and you have a gun which makes you feel empowered. Pretty sure that's the mix that causes this.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The obvious answer is we should arm the drive through employees and brandish their gun to every customer. "You want EXTRA HEAT homie?"

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I was in a whataburger line a while back, like 11 at night. It's taking forever. Some people in the cars in the back just start yelling out their windows angrily, into the night.

It's sad, my brain went into, what if these guys start shooting mode, cause they annoyed.

I really never understood getting so damn angry at fast food lines and lashing out. Just drive away, if the layout allows for it, or just wait like a normal human being. Being annoyed internally, I get it. But taking it out on other people, the workers. Naw.