• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
YaEmQJam.jpg

Lol

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
pepe is objectively the worst meme because it became the symbol of an ideology that is the absolute worst thing to come out from the internet

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Deep Fried Memes.

Deep Fried Memes are basically the exaggeration of the constant repost of an image. If you enjoy the constant usage of the n word with some homophobia these memes are for you.

-CS_D-QTkqavUjzZzgu9ibq7i4gkSTn4HC0U78zEJpU.jpg

_j-ON1t74aEevQiv16hBGuoLnAlN7ab8fJa9RXUtaCY.png

I made the mistake of recommending r/DeepFriedMemes here, and I sincerely apologize for that.

Last edited:

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Other than ones that are clearly racist, sexist, bigoted etc...

Banderas because threads would just be filled with that and nothing else. This also applies to the "Recreate meme GIFs with Sony characters" trend I've noticed on here.

Dat boi and Damn Daniel I just don't understand. Most memes I can at least see why some people would find it funny but those two just confuse me. I know they're old ones but whatever.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll echo Ugandan Knuckles, Some of my friends even started repeating it. luckily it only lasted like 5 days.
Also, while I don't hate loss, I never found the meme especially amusing.
The comic itself is pretty funny as a hilariously out of place over-dramatic moment in a dumb video game comic, though.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
The alt right destroyed Pepe for me. Matt didn't deserve having that become his creation's legacy.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Steamed Hams is still better than that fucking chair one. At least people liked Steamed Hams. The chair thing only exists as a desperate attempt to force a new Simpsons meme to replace the old one. And for what reason? Why is it vitally important for there to be an active Simpsons meme in 2018? To celebrate two decades of cultural irrelevance?

Oct 25, 2017
Steamed Hams is still better than that fucking chair one. At least people liked Steamed Hams. The chair thing only exists as a desperate attempt to force a new Simpsons meme to replace the old one. And for what reason? Why is it vitally important for there to be an active Simpsons meme in 2018? To celebrate two decades of cultural irrelevance?
Steamed Hams was never that funny. You made it into something it didn't need to be. The chair is simple and to the point. There's nothing desperate about these.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Steamed Hams, love the simpsons but I don't get why that mini episode of all things got so much traction. wasn't funny to me either.

it was cool to see how insanely creative the memes got though.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
This actually doesn't have to do with a visual meme and it's more for video games (though applicable to the broader topic of culture for other people.)

I hate the term "narrative".

There's this undercurrent of saying "This is mostly bullshit with a kernel of fact but presented in this light, effective bullshit that people will cling to." It's like we have not only accepted that some PR lies and spins but we applaud them for doing so effectively.

Look I work with a company with its own PR division and they are good people who try to present our clients (clients we believe in, btw) in the best possible light. If one of them royally fucks up, we advise them how to deal with crisis, fix it with the press, and move forward. At no point do does PR spin the truth and suggest playing rhetoric games with them or the press. Highlight the positives and try to rehabilitate the negative (if possible). I will admit our PR division has never dealt with anything truly scandalous.

The word "narrative" is a meme at this point and troubling one "What's the narrative shift? Who controls the narrative?" For every one one times this playing with the preconception of the facts benefits a good cause, there is like 3 that support scummy corporate interests.

I just wish the word "narrative" would be given a lot more skepticism.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I appreciate most maymays, but recently that "Bart throws chair on Homer" thing's gone over my head.

Witch

Jan 1, 2018
the moon
Knuckles Sings is this masterpiece by Gregzilla: (I'm probably responsible for half these views.)

I also like the edits, like Knuckles Sings Don't Stop Me Now and Knuckles Sings Ocean Man. Cute, wholesome stuff.

Then suddenly kids on VR Chat stole the design and turned it into the annoying, unfunny, overly-referenced-for-nothing garbage that has no business being so popular. And most who reference it don't even know about Gregzilla's original animation.

Kurona

Apr 12, 2018
I hate what the alt-right has done to Pepe so much.

Beyond that, yeah; anything that has no real purpose other than to harm vulnerable minorities whether people realise it or not. Attack helicopter, 'triggered', etc. I roll my eyes whenever I see those two especially because they're ridiculously old by now. How have they managed to survive but Hotel Mario gets like a blip of attention before fading away

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Don't talk shit about Back at it again at Krispy Kreme.

Steamed Hams, love the simpsons but I don't get why that mini episode of all things got so much traction. wasn't funny to me either.

it was cool to see how insanely creative the memes got though.

It went overboard but it was worth it for Steamed Hams Inc. The part where they break it down for the rap with the big "wellll" is amazing.

That mini-episode is perfectly written; there's a lot of appreciation within the memes, so many little mini-moments.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Anything with a watermark. It stops being a meme if anyone claims credit on the meme itself.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up ordering a Ugandan Knuckles coffee mug for a friend's birthday earlier in the year.

Probably not going to be getting him any further birthday gifts. :\

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the rampant use of *Traps* *are Traps gay* that seems to be prevalent in the VrChat community.