• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
Lame. Also a major gripe I have with the HBox disdain is that I wish people would stop hating on HBox for the character he plays, and instead hate him for being a creep to women at tournaments, taking a picture with Milos Yiannoupolous and treating his fans like garbage.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Lame. Also a major gripe I have with the HBox disdain is that I wish people would stop hating on HBox for the character he plays, and instead hate him for being a creep to women at tournaments, taking a picture with Milos Yiannoupolous and treating his fans like garbage.

This should indeed be the reason to hate him. It's why I hate him and the other Smash gods that batter their significant others or creep on women.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I've never understood the Smash community's unwillingness to learn different characters because certain ones aren't thematically pleasing to them. You're playing for money, use the character that gives you the best chance to win.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is along the lines of what I was thinking. Dude's a creep and should be banned for being a creep.

Ban the crab thrower if you must, but ban Hbox for sexually harassing people and affiliating himself with Nazis, too.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Damn this is old. Some of the clips were cringeworthy (though I can think of much better examples) but some picks seemed to be attempting to take a dump on people just having fun ie. Bizarro Flame during an exhibition segment where half the point was to ham it up, as well as mew2king who acts that way partly because hes on the spectrum. Not that its unlike forums to enjoy trashing people for being different.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
My condolences to the crab for having to be associated with that fucking creep Hungrybox.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Pretty much why I dislike him. That and his arrogant, pretentious attitude.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure about creeping on women but I assume the other part is referring to Mang0. GAF made that out to be a cut and dry situation when it really wasn't, given his past history with his girlfriend (she had a history of physically abusing him, and had been arrested for it in the past). She ended up deleting the Tweet that set the whole thing off and basically told everyone offering support to mind their own business when it was all said and done. Since that was the end of it nobody except the two of them really knows what happened. Maybe he did attack her, maybe he defended himself because she attacked him, maybe something else entirely.

From what little I've seen their situation seems better now, but I don't really follow Mang0. I hope it's better, since their kid is getting older.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
At least it's not another death threat from the melee community.

NOTE: I do not condone crab throwing™

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I threw the crab. You did, too. The entire Melee community is responsible, we're all culpable. Also we're all sweaty nerds incapable of having a normal one. Mostly because of the crabs we keep in our hoodie pockets. Long periods of play will get you hungry and you can just pop off a leg between matches, try it sometime

Omg this might be the best thing I've seen on the internet.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
The real WTF is people talking about piblic not noticing the smell of the crab like it was some lutefisk and not, you know, crab. Next you're gonna tell me you never asked what your friends were having for lunch because you could smell that bun, cream cheese, ham, lettuce, black pepper and leek combination.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf, I never knew this.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
....no comment on the bolded excuse.
Maybe you forgot how people acted in smash 4 EVO finals, or Salem losing his mind. There are problems with the smash community as a whole.
I wasn't making an excuse. I was just saying that they aren't exclusive to the "smash 4" community, like you were making it out to be. There was that one Melee player in Canada who had people trying to cover up for him. My ultimate point is that sexual harassment is not the current topic in this thread.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't making an excuse. I was just saying that they aren't exclusive to the "smash 4" community, like you were making it out to be. There was that one Melee player in Canada who had people trying to cover up for him. My ultimate point is that sexual harassment is not the current topic in this thread.

hmm nah, there's a pile of heinous shit from the community at large, despite you trying to paint it as being specifically one segment.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I try to defend the Melee community because while a lot of the shit they get is deserved, a lot of it is also just nerds looking for a reason to dogpile and bully other nerds for....well, being nerds. Like the whole "Melee players don't bathe" meme. I've been to enough fighting game tournaments, game jams, and cons to know melee players ain't the only ones going outside smelling like corn chips, ass, and regret.

......But a crab? That's different. I can't even fathom how it comes to a point where someone feels comfortable doing that.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Hours later and I'm still mindfucked. Is that what Maryland is like? Y'all just be having crabs to chuck around???
My good brother Beef, let me you as a man born and raised in Baltimore City, I have NEVER in my whole ass life considered throwing a crab. Not once has it crossed my mind.

These cats is different, breh.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hboxes play style is brining to watch and people don't like when we wins iirc
He wins and it's legal. Whatever he does is working. What's so bad about his style that makes watching Melee matches more boring than they're already are in their infinite cavalcade of twitchy Fox/Falco wavedashing matches in Final Destination of Fountain of Dreams?

The game is almost 20 years old. I feel like I've seen it all by now. What possibly could he be doing that's worse.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
jigglypuff_by_soupandbutter_d5j3qsc-pre.jpg

Trump?

Feb 24, 2018
I've never understood the Smash community's unwillingness to learn different characters because certain ones aren't thematically pleasing to them. You're playing for money, use the character that gives you the best chance to win.

You'd think that, but this is a community who will boo and send death threat to anyone who played Bayonetta last year (then surprised when those players didn't respect them in return), I doubt logic matters much.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What an absolute weirdo man.
Also, he carried that along for a tournament, stinking of dead crab, and nobody noticed the kid smelled any different from normal?

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I keep fighting the urge to post this, but I gotta admit it is a pretty galaxy brained move to throw a crab at hbox. Its like three or four layers of meaning wrapped up very succinctly into one clear action.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This site is super toxic towards the Melee community. Sheesh, I doubt many people are supporting the crab thrower.
Any community that is the target of a PSA about showering is going to have to endure some ribbing for awhile. And brah smuggled in a crab. The jokes write themselves.

People aren't supporting the crab battle, but a lot of people aren't supporting Hbox either.