• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
She's wrong. People won't do shit. There was a ban for that shit for years and it was just fine.
AR's wernt as common back then (cheap AK's were preferable thanks to loose import bans at the time) and there were less to choose from making their prices be substantially more than they go for now. You also had a lot of other semi-auto options left on the table that the AWB skirted over. You also didnt have the setups and diversity of platforms that you did either. Back then you had the standard colt carbine setups and standard m16 20" configurations and were all pretty much 5.56. Now the platform comes in all shapes and sizes and are outfitted to shoot 70+ different calibers (i personally know a few people who hunt with AR10 setups in .308). With that the actual cost of them has gone down considerably making them more wildly available (you can get them for half the equivalent cost you usually could in the 80's or 90's) and in more peoples hands and thanks to video games and other types of media theyve only picked up in popularity. Its estimated that AR's and AK type rifles are in 15-20million peoples hands. If you own guns people in the "gun community" always recommend having atleast one of those types of rifles in their collections.

Its true that most people wouldnt do shit, but it doesnt take much to do something. All you need is some of those 3% who are crazy enough to go off the deepend who have caches of weapons and most likely explosives and are waiting and HOPING for something like this to happen.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
She is so fucking mediocre and stoopid.
I bet she got in a lot of arguments and fights simply for misunderstanding other people.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
she wouldn't have much of a voice if she wasn't the late senator's daughter. I guess people killing each other right now is all sunshine and rainbows then.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
So what would happen exactly? A mass shooting every day in America?

How would we notice the difference exactly?

Is she going to kill people or what?

Oct 26, 2017
That's fine. Shit has to hit the fan before things get better anyway. That's conflict for you. Anyone who would rather resort to chaos for having their weapons of deaths confiscated should be dealt with anyway. Let's just get this all over with so we can get to a better place as a country.

Hilariously, this is also an admission on her part on just how fucking crazy a lot of fun owners are

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Why does anyone care what she says? Has she done anything other than be related to someone in politics?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I mean yes, I have no doubt we'd get a mass shooting with some evil person blaming the gun ban, but, substitute that for "some girl rejecting them" and it's still going to happen. These people don't really need a reason, they'll find one, and it's far more likely to be a reason more personal to them than a gun ban that actually set them off.

Oct 27, 2017

So if we don't give these assholes everything they want--including the lives of our kids--they'll shoot people?

So my question is: If they're upfront about murdering people unless folks stop demanding their toys be regulated like any other consumer product, why shouldn't normal folks treat the GOP as a terrorist organization?

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Why does anyone care what she says? Has she done anything other than be related to someone in politics?
She's done nothing but literally just ride her father's coat tails. Politically, socially, & intellectually she brings nothing to the table that you couldn't get from a hundred thousand white bread republicans from a local Baptist church. But America has a track record of rewarding influential platforms to straight white people who do the very bare minimum.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans can't even boycott Starbucks and you think they're gonna rise up against the federal government? Give me a break.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Sounds to me like she's saying gun owners are liable to kill people if they're faced with things they don't like. She makes them sound like violent children. The same people who would murder those blue lives she loves so much when faced with inconvenience of a traffic stop. They very same people who shouldn't have access to 30+ rounds of police vest shredding, semiautomatic shrapnel.

It's a lousy argument.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds to me like she's saying gun owners are liable to kill people if they're faced with things they don't like. She makes them sound like violent children. The same people who would murder those blue lives she loves so much when faced with inconvenience of a traffic stop. They very same people who shouldn't have access to 30+ rounds of police vest shredding, semiautomatic shrapnel.

It's a lousy argument.
Yep. As a privileged entitled person she sees that same privileged entitlement as a virtue & right rather than a danger. She seemingly can't contextualize that supposed potential violence from gun owners as something gross, disturbing and bad only as something to avoid. She's the type of person to placate & indulge a kid having a tantrum with all the cake and candy they want instead of actually working to discipline and change the behavior of such a child.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Yep. As a privileged entitled person she sees that same privileged entitlement as a virtue & right rather than a danger. She seemingly can't contextualize that supposed potential violence from gun owners as something gross, disturbing and bad only as something to avoid. She's the type of person to placate & indulge a kid having a tantrum with all the cake and candy they want instead of actually working to discipline and change the behavior of such a child.
I was going to say something like that. It's like seeing a kid with a knife, noticing it's a threat, but saying "whelp, now that it has the knife there's nothing that can be done but deal with the stabbings as they come!"

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Why do we continue to give her time?

Seriously. Is it because it's funny when she gets flustered and frustrated on the view after saying something stupid?

Can't we just watch an MTV dramady for that?

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't doubt that she's right, if there's a major country-wide effort to take guns away from citizens I expect there would be plenty of gun nuts reacting violently.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be done regardless.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of braindead tweets about banning guns, could we at least start with fucking background checks on all these law-abiding gun owners?

Last edited:

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Meghan McCain is a fucking idiot who's opinion is worth less that crusty dogshit on a street corner. People really need to stop giving her a platform.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ban the ammo. Walmart is on the right track. The AR-15 becomes a paperweight without the ammo.

Let them keep the rifles and hang them on the walls as souvenirs if they want.

That's what I'm thinking - is there a way people can go about this indirectly? Like put a tax on the ammo, only sell on Monday mornings, or some other shit?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's right. A lot of crazies would fight back against their toys being taken away.

Its a fantasy for a lot of militias.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, as we do nothing, they shoot people.
But if we do something, then they'll shoot people!
Gee, well I guess we should just keep letting them shoot us up then so they don't shoot us up!

Sounds like...assault weapons shouldn't be in peoples hands because no matter what, people are going to get shot regardless as long as they have access to them.

Great job accidentally making a great argument for gun control.
Also a pretty nice blow to "responsible gun owners" when you're literally afraid of what gun owners will do with them.

Ban weapons that go beyond the needs of home defense and go all-in on strict background checks.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I do imagine there'd be an incident or two. That's not a reason not to do it though.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell in that clip that she knows she's wrong but just can't admit it to herself, ever. What a child.