• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
...she is so over him. Oh, and because he doesn't "understand science" and junk.

www.thedailybeast.com

Meghan McCain: Replace Dr. Fauci With Someone Who ‘Understands Science’

“The fact that I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View, don’t know when or how I will be able to get a vaccine…” she ranted.

Meghan McCain, who may have been reading too many Ben Shapiro tweets Monday morning, embarked on one of her signature rants during which she both complained about not getting a COVID-19 vaccine yet—despite her position as a co-host of very important daytime talk show The View—and called on President Joe Biden to fire Dr. Anthony Fauci and replace him with someone who actually "does understand science."

...next week it will be a year since we left the studio and I have been very responsible in many different ways as so many Americans have been," she continued. "And the fact that Dr. Fauci is going on CNN and he can't tell me that if I get the vaccine, if I'll be able to have dinner with my family."

"It's terribly inconsistent messaging and it continues to be inconsistent messaging," she said, comparing the U.S. response to a billboard from Israel she saw online—"Get a shot, take a shot"—that promised people they could go to bars with their friends after getting vaccinated.

"The fact that I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View, don't know when or how I will be able to get a vaccine because the rollout for my age range and my health is so nebulous, I have no idea when and how I get it," the 36-year-old pundit said. "I want to get it. If you call me at three o'clock in the morning, I will go any place at any time to get it."

"I want to be responsible and obviously wait my turn," she continued, "but this rollout has been a disaster. And I understand President Trump can take much of the blame, but now we're in the Biden administration and I, for one, would like something to look forward to and to hope for because if getting the vaccine means that just nothing changes and we have to wait another few years until everyone gets it, there's already a lot of people not getting it.

"So I'm over Dr. Fauci," McCain declared. "I think we need to have more people giving more opinions and honestly quite frankly, I think the Biden administration should remove him and put someone in place that does understand science or can talk like these other countries about how we can be more like these other places that are doing this successfully."

More at the link. Silently scream forever if old.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Meghan McCain hadn't won the genetic lottery she'd be probably be hawking MLM on Facebook or something. She really shouldn't weigh in on things she has zero grasp of. Which means she shouldn't really weigh in on anything or have a platform to spew her shit.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
People really need to stop acting like she has anything worthwhile to say just because of who her dad was.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
She needs to lose her job. We need less media refuting science since they have a huge impact on many Americans.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Always back to talking about herself in the most embarassing of ways.

Nobody gives a shit, Meghan. You and the other conservative buffoons would find something else to whine about. If it's not Fauci or vaccine rollout, you'd be mad things didn't fully open up, or that teachers don't really need to be vaccinated and that the normal we had a few years ago was pretty great for everybody.

This is the same moron who, during an actual purge of grifters on Twitter, had the audacity of thinking she was next. Every issue she sees somehow personally involves her.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She might be one of the dumbest human beings on the planet.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Fauci should not be fired but the US CDC and Fauci are being really mealy mouthed on the benefits of the vaccine because they're trying to control for Florida Men. Honestly, if you do get the Pfizer / Moderna vaccine and you wait your ramp up period or whatever, you can basically live your life. They reduce hospitalizations and severe cases to 0. The US needs to say this. It's hard to find another drug as effective as these vaccines and not say so.

Meaghan McCain is a sack of shit.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
What are her qualifications again?

We don't "need to have more people giving more opinions" just because you don't agree with the science or the expert reporting it.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
She probably wants to get fired and stop being the token crazy conservative on the show

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
"can talk like these other countries about how we can be more like these other places that are doing this successfully."

This country ain't doing well because people who don't understand science think they do.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Major Gretchen Weiners vibes

tumblr_mft6wxchxE1qmvp54o1_500.gif

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
She probably wants to get fired and stop being the token crazy conservative on the show
I don't think she actually wants to get fired. She knows the show gives her the illusion of mainstream credibility, and she plays victim regularly anyway—doesn't need to be fired for that. It's a good gig for her.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
People really need to stop acting like she has anything worthwhile to say just because of who her dad was.

Salon is constantly amplifying her bullshit because it gets them hits but she's just a vulgarian.

Also, Biden's been in office less than two fucking months and inherited a fucking disaster. Blaming him at this juncture is nonsense especially given how much better things are getting in regards to vaccinations and cases.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
We ll want the vaccine, but it is not our time. When you get on the list you will be notified.

FOH

IamError

Aug 22, 2020
Wow. I am beyond sick of hearing idiots claim that scientists lack 'consistency' because they change their views based on the facts at hand. That's how science works, assholes. Just because we don't stubbornly hold on to wrong viewpoints even when they have been proven to be false doesn't make us inconsistent.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
All I read in her quotes was "I...I...I...me-me-me!"

She literally is unable to talk about herself in any sort of topic or conversation. God, she's unbearable.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
It's nice to wish for things, Meghan McCain. I too have a similar wish involving you. Frankly, I'd say my odds of it coming true are better than yours.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always back to talking about herself in the most embarassing of ways.

Nobody gives a shit, Meghan. You and the other conservative buffoons would find something else to whine about. If it's not Fauci or vaccine rollout, you'd be mad things didn't fully open up, or that teachers don't really need to be vaccinated and that the normal we had a few years ago was pretty great for everybody.

This is the same moron who, during an actual purge of grifters on Twitter, had the audacity of thinking she was next. Every issue she sees somehow personally involves her.
Yeah, this really is a problem with her. She's extremely self-centered.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Fauci should not be fired but the US CDC and Fauci are being really mealy mouthed on the benefits of the vaccine because they're trying to control for Florida Men. Honestly, if you do get the Pfizer / Moderna vaccine and you wait your ramp up period or whatever, you can basically live your life. They reduce hospitalizations and severe cases to 0. The US needs to say this. It's hard to find another drug as effective as these vaccines and not say so.

Do you think they are being careful because they fear people will get the first shot and immediately go out into the world thinking they are invincible?

Because you're right, the efficacy of these two vaccines is remarkable.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018

The problem is that while it is true that you personally (after the ramp up period) are relatively safe and could go back to living your life with very little personal risk, we don't yet have the data on spread and whether you can carry it. We don't need the people getting vaccinated to stop being cautious and lead to another spike and a bunch more deaths of people who haven't gotten it yet.

The data out of Israel the other day is good, all the early indicators so far do seem to suggest that this cuts down spread significantly as well, and if that does end up being the case then ya, people who get vaccinated can get back to normal. We just don't have the data yet to be confident of that.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
"The fact that I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View, don't know when or how I will be able to get a vaccine because the rollout for my age range and my health is so nebulous, I have no idea when and how I get it," the 36-year-old pundit said. "I want to get it. If you call me at three o'clock in the morning, I will go any place at any time to get it."

They've repeatedly said on numerous occasions that vaccine rollout for the general public (as in being able to walk up and get one any day) will likely start happening some time in April.

Chill the fuck out.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they are being careful because they fear people will get the first shot and immediately go out into the world thinking they are invincible?

Because you're right, the efficacy of these two vaccines is remarkable.

I think they're trying to hedge against people reverting too quickly while there are too many unvaccinated people and having to deal with flareups. But I think they risk Florida Men basically saying, "What's the point of the vaccine if my life won't change?" when the answer is it WILL change. All of the vaccines, even the TrashtraZeneca one which is basically just British people spitting into a vial, essentially nullifies serious illness and hospitalization. That IS life changing. We need everyone to get the vaccine ASAP so I think the best way to convince people to do that is to be STRONG in saying this will basically save you.

Fauci and the US government are hedging too much. OBVIOUSLY I do not want to fire Fauci.

The problem is that while it is true that you personally (after the ramp up period) are relatively safe and could go back to living your life with very little personal risk, we don't yet have the data on spread and whether you can carry it. We don't need the people getting vaccinated to stop being cautious and lead to another spike and a bunch more deaths of people who haven't gotten it yet.

The data out of Israel the other day is good, all the early indicators so far do seem to suggest that this cuts down spread significantly as well, and if that does end up being the case then ya, people who get vaccinated can get back to normal. We just don't have the data yet to be confident of that.

I think people who are most likely to be first in line for the vaccine are super cautious people by nature. Florida Men will be last in line. But the way you get them IN line is by saying "here is how you can chug beers risk-free" and not "well you'll still need to wear a mask and socially distance and everything" when in reality the vaccine is the best path to not do that anymore.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Being a scientist doesn't mean you're a logistics expert.

Getting millions of vaccine to millions of people in 50+ states is a monumental task.
We're still dealing with the ramifications of the fact that the Trump admin did fuckall in having a nationwide COVID strategy.
Biden isn't going to magically fix that in 2 months, especially since there was zero handoff of info between administrations.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I think they're trying to hedge against people reverting too quickly while there are too many unvaccinated people and having to deal with flareups. But I think they risk Florida Men basically saying, "What's the point of the vaccine if my life won't change?" when the answer is it WILL change. All of the vaccines, even the TrashtraZeneca one which is basically just British people spitting into a vial, essentially nullifies serious illness and hospitalization. That IS life changing. We need everyone to get the vaccine ASAP so I think the best way to convince people to do that is to be STRONG in saying this will basically save you.

Fauci and the US government are hedging too much. OBVIOUSLY I do not want to fire Fauci.

That's seems like a pretty solid analysis and to be clear I didn't think you were advocating his termination. :)

It really is amazing how many people are resistant to vaccination yet whine about returning to normalcy when inoculation is the pathway to that normalcy.

These vaccines are a godsend. I agree we should be amplifying that message more.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Being a scientist doesn't mean you're a logistics expert.

Getting millions of vaccine to millions of people in 50+ states is a monumental task.
We're still dealing with the ramifications of the fact that the Trump admin did fuckall in having a nationwide COVID strategy.
Biden isn't going to magically fix that in 2 months, especially since there was zero handoff of info between administrations.

Well, we are talking about the same fucktwits who tried to blame the Great Recession on Obama despite the fact that Bush Jr. had been president for the prior eight fucking years. People like McCain (And most of the GOP) are basically the textbook definition of bad faith argumentation.