• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Saw it earlier today, decided against making a thread since it will get locked.

Page Six lost what was left of their damn minds.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
First thing I did when I clicked the link was to see if page six is a legitimate news source.....it is not.

TheJoebro64

Sep 6, 2020
lol tabloids

Not to menion that I don't even think Meghan can run for political office. Members of the royal family are supposed to be nonpartisan.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This is a clusterfuck of right wing news magazines, on top of a bullshit story that's as believable as the Easter Bunny except to those who believe in 'hollywood elites'

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
How long until we have some Q like conspiracy, how all the falling out is fake and Meghan is trying to take the US back for Global Brexit Britain, back into the grasp of Her Lizard Highness? :D

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
OP didn't post the real breaking news. Coincidence? I think not:

original.jpg

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
These feels like fear mongering. Plays into the Americans VS British history, misogonyand racism all in one

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on. Isn't Mail on Sunday the paper that is supposed to print a front page apology to Meghan?

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Why would you assume it's true?

Eh, why not. Story quotes multiple people at least talking about her having presidential ambitions. I suppose the main source, a "senior UK politician who served under Tony Blair and with close ties to Washington" is left anonymous. So that could be fake I guess, if it's common for UK tabloids to literally make up sources.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Why are we posting page 6 bullshit?

Jesus. She isn't eyeing a fucking presidential run and no serious Dems are going to help her do so.

Why are we signal boosting the assholes who have been lying about this woman for years? This screams "AMBITIOUS CONIVING WOMAN" trope from the sky, and given the shit the UK tabloids puts people on the outs with the royals though we should probably have a better FUD detector than this 7 days post an interview that credibly accused the royals *and* these same papers of racism.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
they've been pushing this angle for months

from September:

pagesix.com

Meghan Markle reportedly has serious ambitions to run for president

“Meghan is the embodiment of the American dream.”

sourced back to

www.vanityfair.com

“I Think…She Would Seriously Consider Running for President”: Inside Meghan Markle’s Political Ambitions

Her representatives insist she has no plan to run for office, but a close friend suggests it’s the main reason she didn’t give up her American citizenship when marrying into the royal family.

"meghan didn't give up her US citizenship because she wants to run for president in 2024" sounds tailor-made to piss off the british monarchy stans who already hate her

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
lol tabloids

Not to menion that I don't even think Meghan can run for political office. Members of the royal family are supposed to be nonpartisan.

I mean, this story is bullshit, but nothing in US law would prevent a natural born American from running for president. I don't think we particularly care what UK laws say.

This entire thing is trying to bury her credibility as an AMBITIOUS WOMAN who is PLOTTING to gain fame and HURT THE ROYALS. They did the same fucking think to Diana and the queens sister at various stages of their lives. UK tabloids are trash, and the royals have been using them to discredit those who could embarrass or harm their family for as long as they've existed.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this isn't based on reality. It's a tabloid pushing their usual anti Meghan agenda.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
why would you post this lol? I can't imagine not giving this one giant side eye upon reading the headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.