• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a republican (no not that kind) for a good long time, so this has reinforced my belief that the monarchy should be ditched for good.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
How is UK media so damn bad? It's starting to look like state run propaganda.

Hope this somehow snowballs into the British ousting these fuckers.
Client journalism, an inbuilt fear of outsiders, and a compliant population that largely backs the monarchy. Nothing will change.

Oct 28, 2017
When I was in uni in London about 15 years ago I was friends with a British Indian girl who was dating an aristocratic (obviously white) guy. I was surprised how little it seemed to bother her that he had told her they couldn't get married in future because it wouldn't do for him to have "little half-caste children running around"

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Yeah that's my guess. Based on everything said it would seem like it's most likely him.

it's weird here in Australia, our news skews more the the US but there are also takes that are straight up UK. The royals are still our head of state but the common populace don't have the blind love that the UK has. So we do get the articles made to make Meghan look bad and Kate to look good but people loved Diana here so most people side with Harry against the royals
I don't know anyone who gives a fuck about them here.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I think my generation (90s kid) really lost touch with the monarchy (and rightly so) when they assassinated Diana.

Tbh, a lot of noise will be made by the British journalist are very effective in changing the narrative or keeping things quiet...

slider

Nov 10, 2020
After seeing this thread I checked the BBC website. Right now it's not front and centre (it may have been earlier) but at least it's on the front page.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

I couldn't help but think Philip. Famously image obsessed, known for putting his foot in his mouth (without ever realizing), and on death's door. I couldn't help but notice that they only ever mentioned him by title but there sure was a lot of direct references to "grandmother."

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And you had someone in that other thread calling them ungrateful for giving up a life of luxury...

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they'd gone full nuclear and said who made the dark skin comments, it would have made it harder for the British press to dance around the issue.

Here's hoping these revelations finally bring about the end of the monarchy in the UK.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20 years ago the things unmasked in this interview could've ended the monarchy. At minimum there would have been a huge outcry and protests.

But now, I don't think anything will change.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Learned about this in a German morning show and the "celebrity expert" (or however you wanna call those people) was totally dismissing her claims. She knew what she was getting herself into and she should just keep shut and don't be such a whiney bitch. Hearing that made me so sad, angry and almost want to vomit. The only thing I was thinking: this is white privilige at its best. In Germany this topic isn't that big of a talking point as in the US and a lot of people outright dismiss it, but it is very much there and very much the same problem as everywhere else.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
racist inbreds that live off tax payer money

not much different than what we have in the US, thankfully we don't have to call them "rOyAlTy" 🤮

LaoJim

Mar 29, 2020
Oh for the love of God. The Empire Windrush landed a few years before the coronation - 70+ years ago. You'd think that someone somewhere in the palace would have pointed out that, from a purely self-interested point-of-view, and however racist the members and institution of the royal family may be, the positive PR from having a mixed race marriage/children within the royal family would be invaluable in what is perceived (rightly IMHO) as an outdated and unnecessarily tradition. The only real chance of the dynasty surviving through the 21st century is to convince the public that Harry and William are different from the older generation and can play a useful role in modern Britain taking over the Princess Diana politics role. But no, obviously a 1/4 black child who going to be at least 4th+ in line to the throne would be a major constitutional crisis.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, I guess this was an interesting interview after all

Knew there was no way that royal family wasn't a royal cult

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd gone full nuclear and said who made the dark skin comments, it would have made it harder for the British press to dance around the issue.

Here's hoping these revelations finally bring about the end of the monarchy in the UK.

Theres no way it will. Monarchists here won't believe a thing they say and have the backing of every shitstain newspaper to run interference for them. Piers Morgan is probably thinking off all the horrible shit he'll be saying on GMB as I type.

Jun 10, 2018
Never made any sense to me when black people in particular would excitedly follow the Royal family. Trash racist institution is nothing but a vestige of colonialistic white supremacy with a distinct anti-black policy built in.

The other underlying story within this is that sadly marrying interacially is still a mental/emotional risk you have to consider when the extended family is racist trash.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Looking forward to hearing all the 45-60 year olds that I work with going on about how "conniving" and "manipulative" she is because apparently it's all her fault that poor Harry has been forced to leave the Royal Family.

I mean, either that or the son of a woman who was hounded by the media to the point that it caused her death had now found himself and his partner in a similar situation, looked to his family for help, got none and went "nah you know what, fuck this" and left.

Clearly the first one is the only thing that makes sense though.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
I saw a headline on twitter about complaints of her bullying people i found it hard to believe. These people have had it out for this woman from the start.

Muse98

May 28, 2020
Amazes me that in the year 2021 there are countries that still hold on to medieval traditions such as assigning a king and queen and royal families and such.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Not going to reveal who said it because it would be harmful to them"
?????
Good, expose the vile racists

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Id say the "UK" isnt behind the royals anymore, its just England. Wales, Scotland, Northern Iron most people dont care at all.
I cant imagine the insane spin that the daily mail will try and put on this.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Spanish monarchy:

dd0.png

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Client journalism, an inbuilt fear of outsiders, and a compliant population that largely backs the monarchy. Nothing will change.
Only way I see it changing is if Australia, Canada and the rest of the Commonwealth states and territories renounce her as Head of State - take away their power one piece at a time.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Not unexpected that it was the issue. Unexpected they came out and said it.

Amazes me that in the year 2021 there are countries that still hold on to medieval traditions such as assigning a king and queen and royal families and such.
Having a king accompany international business trips opens up more diplomatic doors in certain countries so having one is helpful, especially if you make them just figureheads.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Only just caught up. I said damn son, no wonder they wanted to get ahead of the interview with some slander. Sadly slander is what tabloids do best and the gammons are going to lap it up.
Harry must have finally put two and two together that his dad was fully on-board with his mum's death, and would react the same if anything befell Markle. No wonder he noped the fuck out of there.

Punished

Jun 19, 2019
Tomorrow's headlines: British support for the Royal Family soars after allegations of racism.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
"Not going to reveal who said it because it would be harmful to them"
?????
Good, expose the vile racists

I'm going to assume that they fear how the monarchy and the UK press would retaliate if they did spill all of the tea. The family would do everything in their power to ruin their lives :x.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm British but was a baby when Diana died. didn't realise it was widely accepted that her death was murder??? either way fuck the royals

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to assume that they fear how the monarchy and the UK press would retaliate if they did spill all of the tea. The family would do everything in their power to ruin their lives :x.
Yeah sounds about right, shame because they will do that anyway regardless