• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 7, 2018
I can she where she's coming from. Public opinion always demonized her and portrayed her as "unlikeable".

I meant in the same way some people try to claim I and others are, he had Jewish hertidge

For a split second I overreacted in my mind and thought he himself was 100% jewish, my bad.

Still think her comment was whatever and wonder if she'd get same heat if she was a well liked male celeb
That's actually a myth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hitler#Biological_father
There's no evidence towards this, and honestly, I think it's a bit disrespectiful towards jewish people, just like when people try to claim a homophobe is a closeted gay person is disrespectful for gay people.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
"She knew what she was doing, and slutted herself into Hollywood. What a slut".
That Lindsay Ellis provides the reason for why that is. The character is relatively well written in some of her films, but she's filmed like a piece of meat all the time, so we only see her through that cinematic lens. Her role on New Girl actually did a lot of film her differently, most of the time

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember this?

latest

Not so funny now is it?
Water wee looking at hear?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Sexism
I feel like I've heard this shit about Bay before. I literally cringed when I saw that young girl in the trailer for the last Transformers movies, I hope she didn't have to deal with any weird shit when getting that role. I have no idea how old she was.

Speaking of Megan, I actually went to high school with her, she was lets just say not a very nice person, and she...most certainly got around. Definitely doesn't deserve that shit, though, and I recall many rumors about it.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
That's such a terrible thing to hear. And the sad part is she's probably right. No one should have to feel that way or be victim blamed.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Again, a Michael Bay joint no? What other work is she getting and is she not getting that work because of Bay

She started on TV and has guested and been in the casts of many TV shows throughout her entire acting career. I think most of her prominent film work has been with Bay, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if she missed out on other film jobs directly because of Bay, though I am sure that rumors of her supposed behavioral problems on set probably spread. She has always presented her lack of doing any other big project as a conscious decision ever since she started having children.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Spielberg doesn't come out of this looking all that great.
It is kind of amazing that while Megan Fox was doing an early #metoo about Michael Bay, she Godwined Michael Bay, and was then blacklisted from Hollywood by Steven Spielberg, not Michael Bay (she was apparently blacklisted for the Godwinning, not the #metoo, Spielberg swears).

And then she only got her blacklist lifted after she apologized and begged for her job back.

I totally don't blame Megan Fox for staying silent about #metoo.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Speak up, girl, don't let these fucks get away with it.

The MeToo has always had assholes and contrarians from the get go.

You have people that will believe and follow you.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She started on TV and has guested and been in the casts of many TV shows throughout her entire acting career. I think most of her prominent film work has been with Bay, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if she missed out on other film jobs directly because of Bay, though I am sure that rumors of her supposed behavioral problems on set probably spread. She has always presented her lack of doing any other big project as a conscious decision ever since she started having children.

Maybe her so called behavioural problems were her trying to stand up to Bay.