• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
huh neat! I thought this came out years ago to be honest. It actually looks pretty solid outside of X being able to duck (MMX6 flashbacks :( ).

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
You are all welcome
megaman_x_corrupted_-ygk5o.gif
Fuck me, that was so cool

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm usually indifferent to most fangames, but holy shit, you could have told me Capcom made this in the golden days and I'd have believed it. This looks truly quality, and that opening wow'ed me. Will keep my eyes open for this one, hopefully it will see completion eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
UwrgyBj.png

I never would have guessed that not only would this game have a third playable character, but a female protagonist at that. I'm liking Synthia's design, and she clearly looks like she'll play simarly to Axl, which I'm okay with.

That being said, if I play this game and find out she's a love interest to X and/or Zero, I'll rage. X/Zero is the only ship.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
UwrgyBj.png

I never would have guessed that not only would this game have a third playable character, but a female protagonist at that. I'm liking Synthia's design, and she clearly looks like she'll play simarly to Axl, which I'm okay with.

That being said, if I play this game and find out she's a love interest to X and/or Zero, I'll rage. X/Zero is the only ship.
Oh wow, I was so amazed by everything else I totally forgot they showed a third character lol

I like Axl so I was a bit disappointed not to see him there, but I'm also liking her design and you raise a good point about her prob playing like him, plus it's cool we'll get to play as a female reploid

OP
OP
kyorii

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
I believe JKB has hinted saying something like Axl is included yet not lol.

" Will Axl be in the game? JKB: "Well yes but actually no" not sure if that's an official quote though.

megaStryke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
California
It certainly looks good, but if I was designing it, I would make a strict rule of no more than three text boxes per stage. Later MMX series games got downright tedious with how chatty they were, and holy hell, half of this six minute video was dialogue.
It's a Metroidvania, so it's likely this opening area is for narrative establishment purposes. Playthroughs of other zones (check the other uploads on the game's YouTube page) are pretty straightforward action minus some banter before bosses.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
I can't believe this guy has been working on this game for 12 years without giving up or losing his mind. Truly a will of steel.

RickChunter

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following this for like a decade now. Even when I first saw it I knew the music was glorious. Then every once in a while he'd drop a gameplay video. It's been forever, but I have a feeling this will absolutely be worth it.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
This game basically what AAA MMX game will look like. So ambitious in concept. the fact that the game is also non linear in term of stage select is matter because all bosses are doing evil scheme at the same time, in reality you have to choose to stop only 2-3 of them and let other succeed their plan, which lead to far more possiblity and complex story than any Mega Man game can achieved.

I hope that when this actualy release , it got Street Fighter X Rockman treatment from Capcom and release as official product across Switch and console.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I heard about this not all too long and am really damn excited. Ambitious as hell. And on top of that, my dream MMX9 would be Capcom going the Mega Man 10 route with a retro-SNES game but know that will never happen (also because nostalgia is split across X4/the PS1 games).

I believe JKB has hinted saying something like Axl is included yet not lol.

" Will Axl be in the game? JKB: "Well yes but actually no" not sure if that's an official quote though.
That definitely sounds like it could mean "Synthia plays like Axl" lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Real talk, Megaman X4 was a major game of my childhood and I played it with cheats for the Ultimate armor (which looked badass to 10/11 y/o me back then and still is).
If my younger self saw that 15-20 second intro his mind would be blown.
It's a simple thing but I loved it <3

Now I need the music from this video uploaded because I am vibin' to that intro stage music~
Lol back in the PS1 days there was this kid in my block who came back from the US, we were all like 10, he was like "Hey they taught me this trick in Miami while I played in the beach!", he showed us Ultimate Armor X and we all were like YOOOOOO WTF!?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
OP's added STorm Eagle theme only shows how hard it's gonna be for any fan game creator. The music is such a big part of (good) MM titles.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A Megaman metroidvania makes so much sense I can't believe it hasn't been done in an official capacity.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
That looks badass. Would be incredible if Capcom decided to publish this.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching the dev videos they been putting out on youtube for a while now and it continues to amaze me how incredible it looks.

It and Perfect Blue makes me happy to see devs making MM fan games that have presentation that are reminiscent of the classic games but are actually completely new.

May 19, 2020
the truly impressive fangames like streets of rage remake and this one get their source material better than the company who own it tbh, a rare breed

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I'm still watching the intro stage video but holy crap this is blowing me away. I didn't know about Megaman X Corrupted but now I am really looking forward to it.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I have no idea what Synthia's deal is but I really disliked Axl.

If Capcom's intent to let this IP rot in the ground, I fully embrace something of this high of a calibur. This doesn't seem just like a romhack, it is adding common-sense QOL to bring the old games into the next century, like being able to speak with NPC's and seeing your alternate weapon gauge alongside your health. Better enemy AI, clever stage design, even the Ultimate Armor returning (if only to be sacrificed, it seems) seems like so much thought and care is being put into this where the official games past 4 really started to cut corners.

If the rest of the game was up to this level of quality I'd play the hell out of it. MMX has been absent far too long.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So a MegaVania? I never thought about that but that sounds great.

The Final Fantasy Tactics fanmade game (the one with Cloud, Link, Dante, Snake) was awesome. Fan games can be great.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have randomly generated levels? I thought I heard that before. If not then my hype is up x1000!

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the only thing I didn't like was Strike's design and personality. Felt too much like Coldsteel the Hedgehog, complete with *teleporting behind you* and "pshh... nothin personnel kid".

The ZX series does that.
Capcom mixed Mega Man Zero's gameplay with the Metroidvania format and put it to the DS. The result was Mega Man ZX, a game that combines two things I love together into one package.

Surely that counts, right?

My bad, I had no idea! I started to lose track of the series when it went to DS.

Corrupted still looks awesome.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Does this game have randomly generated levels? I thought I heard that before. If not then my hype is up x1000!

Nope, every level is hand-crafted.

My bad, I had no idea! I started to lose track of the series when it went to DS.

Corrupted still looks awesome.

I highly recommend picking up the Megaman Zero/ZX collection that came it recently if you want to check them out. ZX (and Zero) still holds up incredibly well.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It certainly looks good, but if I was designing it, I would make a strict rule of no more than three text boxes per stage. Later MMX series games got downright tedious with how chatty they were, and holy hell, half of this six minute video was dialogue.

Not just that, the dialogue was pretty terrible and cliched too. X reads like the most boring, personality-less character in existence.

Which is a shame because everything else looks top-notch, but hey, as long as you can skip it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not just that, the dialogue was pretty terrible and cliched too. X reads like the most boring, personality-less character in existence.

Which is a shame because everything else looks top-notch, but hey, as long as you can skip it.
To be fair to them X has a very boring personality in the official games too :P

In his case it's better to be more of a silent protagonist.