• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Second Batch of 10 games (Western)

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
US list announced? I saw this list on Sega's Facebook.

The new titles:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
- Contra: Hard Corps
- Landstalker
- Streets of Rage 2
- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Thunder Force III

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting for new page.

US list announced via Sega's Facebook.

The new titles:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Landstalker
- Streets of Rage 2
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Thunder Force III

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully we get MUSHA in the west. The lineup announced though does include a lot of what could be considered the top games from the system in the US though.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not equal, but Sonic 2 wasn't initially announced for us, so maaaaaaaybe MUSHA is down the road. I'm hopeful.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Castle!!! Gives me the hardest gaming nostalgia. That was the game of my dreams before I even owned a console. Too bad I got a master system instead of a mega drive, fml

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I know it's not equal, but Sonic 2 wasn't initially announced for us, so maaaaaaaybe MUSHA is down the road. I'm hopeful.
It might still be there. I am a little worried we will miss out on it too but that does seem more appropriate to reveal as one of the final games in the west IMO.
Love the positive attitudes! We can all hope it is eventually on the list. Glad I picked it up on Wii prior to the store closing at least.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up on the 3 button controller, but is it worth it at this cost to get it? Do we know if other controllers will be able to be used with this?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hooooooooooooollly crap! This thing is ALL MEAT, NO FILLER! Both of the Mickey games, say whaaaat? And of course, so awesome to see Contra Hard Corps, Landstalker, Thunder Force III, etc., all confirmed for the US. Shinobi 3, aaah yes. God damn....this thing is godly.

http://genesismini.sega.com/ Go here to see all 20 confirmed Western titles all lined up in their dope boxes. :D

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
When this was first announced, I was like 'who cares, it'll just be the same games as the Genesis comp'.

I was so, so wrong. Well done, Sega, can't wait for the other games!

I hope we get Sonic & Knuckles with the lock-on content. By the way, what are the current ways we can play the S&K content, other than the original carts?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get Sonic & Knuckles with the lock-on content. By the way, what are the current ways we can play the S&K content, other than the original carts?
As far as I know the PC version is the only one that works with lock on ability (maybe the 360 versions as well but don't quote me on it). Sonics Ultimate Genesis collection has the two games but no lock on capabilities. If you have them on Wii you can virtually lock 2 and 3 on to Knuckles for all of the added content.

This would be the biggest announcement to make and certainly would be saved for prior to E3. With the Disney licenses in tow, I hope this can happen too.

Oct 29, 2017
When this was first announced, I was like 'who cares, it'll just be the same games as the Genesis comp'.

I was so, so wrong. Well done, Sega, can't wait for the other games!

Sonic Jam on Saturn. Sonic Mega Collection on GCN/PS2/Xbox. Wii Virtual Console. Sonic 3 Sega Vintage Collection on 360/Xbone. Sonic 3 on PC.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
As far as I know the PC version is the only one that works with lock on ability (maybe the 360 versions as well but don't quote me on it). Sonics Ultimate Genesis collection has the two games but no lock on capabilities. If you have them on Wii you can virtually lock 2 and 3 on to Knuckles for all of the added content.

This would be the biggest announcement to make and certainly would be saved for prior to E3. With the Disney licenses in tow, I hope this can happen too.
360 version (available BC on Xbox One) does also support the lock on.

My advice would be Sonic 3 AIR, which works with the Steam version.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

Sonic Jam on Saturn. Sonic Mega Collection on GCN/PS2/Xbox. Wii Virtual Console. Sonic 3 Sega Vintage Collection on 360/Xbone. Sonic 3 on PC.
360 version (available BC on Xbox One) does also support the lock on.

My advice would be Sonic 3 AIR, which works with the Steam version.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I recently got the Sonic Collection for GCN, so that'll be my backup in case this doesn't include it. Though I'd be shocked if M2 overlooked something like that.

If i remember correctly Sonic Collection on GCN is the only version to include Sonic CD. It might be the best Sonic Collection to date.

Yeah, that was on the second GCN comp, Sonic Gems Collection. IIRC it's the only bright spot on that collection.

Oct 29, 2017
If i remember correctly Sonic Collection on GCN is the only version to include Sonic CD. It might be the best Sonic Collection to date.

Sonic Mega Collection doesn't include Sonic CD (it was the first to include the original Toei Animation cutscenes from Sonic CD though).

Sonic Gems Collection on GCN/PS2 DOES include Sonic CD however.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
They are killing it with these games so far. Hopefully they have some great surprises left. Give me Pirates! Gold, Jurassic Park, Lion King, and Aladdin!

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP with the latest releases, I'll change the pictures as soon as I come back from vacation.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
guys

if they got disney to let them re-release world of illusion

does this mean...aladdin might be possible?!

Wow. Sega did publish Aladdin for the Genesis. I'd say it's a high likelyhood now that it will make this list.

Reposting for new page.

US list announced via Sega's Facebook.

The new titles:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Landstalker
- Streets of Rage 2
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Thunder Force III

Landstalker, Sonic 2, SOR2 and Shinobi III are all expected. These ones have appeared in previous Sega Genesis/ Mega Drive collections. I'm surprised they got Earthworm Jim 1 for the compilation. Also, Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion show that they have Disney on board. Which is another win. Plus more Konami games. This collection is looking really good so far.