• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
So what are the chances the other versions games match the Japanese version?

From what we know, the game selection so far is very similar for the US/EU versions of the MD Mini; the JPN only games seem to be getting swapped out for different titles though.

Edit: OH SHIT!! WORLD OF ILLUSION!!!! THEY'RE GETTING LICENSED TITLES ON THIS THING!?!?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK seriously is the only reason that lady is there just to be constantly wowed by them talking about video games?

What's this talk of a remake? I think they mean Castle of Illusion but that was 2009~2011 IIRC.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They should make a powerbase converter mini hat fits in the cartridge slot and has USB passthrough :P

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
guys

if they got disney to let them re-release world of illusion

does this mean...aladdin might be possible?!

Apr 21, 2018
activite-cerebrale-minutes-apres-mort.jpeg

Oct 29, 2017
guys

if they got disney to let them re-release world of illusion

does this mean...aladdin might be possible?!

I'd say Aladdin is a shoe-in at this point; even if it's US/EU only. It was one of the MD's top 5 best selling games IIRC.

... which sucks because Aladdin MD is crap and a far worse game than the SNES one (fight me!)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Could you imagine how deflating this would have been if AtGames was still handling this?

I'd say Aladdin is a shoe-in at this point; even if it's US/EU only. It was one of the MD's top 5 best selling games IIRC.

... which sucks because Aladdin MD is crap and a far worse game than the SNES one (fight me!)
I don't think it sucks per se, but Aladdin SNES > Genesis will always be my stance.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, they're moving on. I took a sleeping pill about 2 hours ago & I'm trying to stay awake so I can watch all of thise.

Streets of Rage 2.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Obvious & overused choice, but eeh, at least it's the 2nd one, though I wonder if the US will get the first game considering we have Sonic 1 but not 2 (yet?). Plus the previous 4 games were rather huge/more obscure picks.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just to remind people, this is what's been confirmed so far:

- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Musha Aleste: Fullmetal Fighter Ellinor aka M.U.S.H.A
- World of Illusion
- Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage 2

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, this seems to only be re-released via Japan's Wii VC. I'm still super excited to see the Japanese list have games that don't get added or re-released all the time. I'm really pleased with the fact it just doesn't feel like "we took Sega Genesis Classics & put it in a mini console"

Landstalker, there ya go.