• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
4 sonic
3 Golden Axe
3 Streets of Rage
3 Out Run
3 Wonder Boy
3 Phantasy Star
2 columns
(More than 20 slots)
See ? With all episodes on 21 slots ou have 0 tiers and can't even have Puyo, Shining Force, Comix Zone. Not even mentioning obscure Sega Games...

Some of those sequels are totally skippable but others would be cool to have. Rather have Sonic 1 and 2, or SoR 1 and 2, or Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV, that some shit that will get into the collection like Altered Beast.

omg I NEED that MCD mini. 😓

hopefully with the model 1 design, that shit is 90's as fuck.

31Z34v6zzYL.jpg

Sega CD version had less leds making it inferior, and Model 2 lost its coolness.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Getting close to the stream starting. The Youtube link provided on the previous page has the video started. Seems it'll be an hour presentation with something happening afterwards at 8 a.m. Eastern/5 a.m. Pacific, but I don't know what.

Oct 29, 2017
4 sonic
3 Golden Axe
3 Streets of Rage
3 Out Run
3 Wonder Boy
3 Phantasy Star
2 columns
(More than 20 slots)
See ? With all episodes on 21 slots you have no room for tiers and can't even have Puyo, Shining Force, Comix Zone. Not even mentioning obscure Sega Games...

I'd be very shocked if there was only one Sonic game in this thing.

I fully expect all 4 Sonic MD games. The rest? Probably not all of them...

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Started. I'm guessing since this is appears to be an hour long, they're gonna space out the reveals by quick talking about each one instead of the quick reveals like at the Sega FES event.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Was JUST gonna say "no size comparison between the original?" but there we go. Truly lives up to being mini.

It's gonna be kinda surreal to have a Genesis Mini sitting next to my SNES Classic.

Oct 29, 2017
The console and controller look fantastic! Love that the cartridge flap actually opens! :D

What little of the menu we saw in that trailer looked great too! Very reminiscent of the NES/SNES Mini menu! Looks quality!

Apr 21, 2018
I'd be very shocked if there was only one Sonic game in this thing.

I fully expect all 4 Sonic MD games. The rest? Probably not all of them...
Well, Euphoria just asked for all Phantasy Star, Juan will demand all vector man, Issa all Shining Force, other even wanted Altered Beast T_T.
(I'll ask for no Golden Axe to save tiers games... But this is a democracy :) )

TF3 !!!!!

PS mini already in the ropes...
Fuck yeah !!!!!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be one of the few times TF3 has gotten a re-release, the last time seemingly on a Saturn compilation with 4.

Games like this are why I'm super interested in this, seeing games like this & Castlevania Bloodlines finally being available after so many years.

Oct 29, 2017
This seems to be one of the few times TF3 has gotten a re-release, the last time seemingly on a Saturn compilation with 4.

Games like this are why I'm super interested in this, seeing games like this & Castlevania Bloodlines finally being available after so many years.

TF3 was re-released as part of the final volume of SEGA 3D Classics on 3DS (which was sadly Japan only). Its arcade counterpart is also getting re-released on Switch as part of the SEGA AGES series.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

The last release was in the JP only third Sega 3D Classic compilation on 3DS.

Oct 29, 2017
Super Fantasy Zone is an interesting choice; considering that it was developed by Sunsoft and not SEGA.

Last time that was re-released was on the Wii VC; so it has been a good while!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, this is the version that didn't see an US release until it hit the Wii VC. Neat, can't wait to try this one considering I have the two that were 3D Classics on 3DS.

....so in other words, I feel like this might be one that doesn't make it to the Genesis Mini.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
No news yet but I came across the last Famitsu article on the Mega Drive mini and I was surprised I didn't hear about this:

Ok you heard them, everyone needs to buy five of these things. Sega CD's library could easily support a mini with 20 games or so.

I wouldn't mind that as a separate unit but it MUST be based on the original design and built in such a way that you can attach the Megadrive/Genesis Mini on top of it.

Christ, it's like being a twenty six year old Sega fan again with more money than sense....

Oct 29, 2017
MUSHA!!! Holy fuck!! :o

This game selection is FUCKING RAD! :D

This seems to be including everything from the Wii VC that wasn't released anywhere else and then some! :D

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances the other versions games match the Japanese version?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Oh right, this is the version that didn't see an US release until it hit the Wii VC. Neat, can't wait to try this one considering I have the two that were 3D Classics on 3DS.

....so in other words, I feel like this might be one that doesn't make it to the Genesis Mini.
I could see it only coming to EU and Japan, yeah.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm thinking of getting an EU model, and while the 3 button controller doesn't bother me MUCH, I'm very curious if this could be modded to use DS4 and other controller types.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
World of Illusion! This has been great so far!

(My fave of this series is Castle of Illusion on the Master System!)

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
WORLD OF ILLUSION!!!! Disney licenses!!!!

Great multiplayer game! Played so much with my brother when I was little!...