• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't expecting much, but M2, 40 games, and it looks like it'll have some popular games that aren't usually in compilations. Might actually want to get this.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017

On that note, I hope we get a US PR in the next few days with perhaps information on what we'll get in place of Puyo RPG and Rent a Hero. I understand holding back the rest of the lineup for marketing, but it'd be nice to get the first few region exclusives.

Having all the variants for games that have them will be nice though (and is a very M2 thing to do). Will help if we get any Streets of Rage games (especially 3).

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're doing something April 18th involving Famitsu with more info on this?

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017

Wait, now THAT sounds nice. Sure, this fairly common for computer emulation, but the idea of one of these systems giving access to other versions sounds AWESOME. Loved it in their SOR collectins last gen.

I was joking in my mind that'd it'd be great to get at least 1 or 2 of the JP only games with a new US translation for a fun exclusive. Did happen with Monster World IV, right? Unreleased Starfox 2 made the SNES mini, so this would be an excellent exclusive.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
This is great. My old MK1 'HD' needs to be recapped badly, and I have a few dozen Genny games that I'd love to play in a more convenient way (assuming we can use our roms on it eventually).

Specifically Herzog Zwei, Thunder/Lightening Force series, Target Earth, King's Bounty, etc.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
40 games? Bloodlines? M2? So hyped.

I'm so happy CS2 took over the project and Sega didn't rush it out. Let this be a lesson to other potential Classic console makers: do it right.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
God damn, I hoped against hope that they'd get M2 and they actually did it. I totally understand why the Sega Ages Switch stuff slowed down a bit now, considering M2 isn't a particularly large company.

And to think I was bracing for an AtGames shitshow precisely a year ago. FES already delivered for me.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Nah Eliminate Down is an excellent exclusive shmup

And Tatsujin is fantastic too! V-Five should also be there (an another console exclusive)

I'd take Grind Stormer over both. I did legit forget two of my favorite games though: Mega Turrican and Ranger X, so I'll swap Steel Empire and Road Rash out for those.

Last edited:

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I can't handle all this greatness. M2 emulation, Bloodlines, multiple region games.
Hardware more powerful than PS classic and easily hackable would be the icy on the cake. 😆

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they make a ton of these and I don't need to hunt for one. Getting a Nes Classic Mini was brutal.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

I actually truly appreciate that, after so many years of bad mini consoles, Sega's finally dropping the hammer and doing it right.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Love that's the first model Genesis too.

Since I've been looking up games on eBay since getting the Mega Sg: man Bloodlines is crazy expensive, loose and complete.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, if Konami is playing ball with stuff that hasn't really gotten rereleased... how about throwing Sparkster on there? Want to play that one, but the asking price is definitely pretty up there nowadays...

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

I actually truly appreciate that, after so many years of bad mini consoles, Sega's finally dropping the hammer and doing it right.

first company in the business to embrace emulation shows everyone else how it's done in the end. It's poetic.

Sega, hands down, is the best company when it comes to emulation. From things like this to the steam workshop integration in the PC version of the megadrive collection, they go so far beyond when they actually give a damn.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
M2 is doing the emulation?!

CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES IS IN?!?

I don't think I can handle how awesome this is already. Shut up and take my money, SEGA.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
If this also has:

Revenge Of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master
Shadow Dancer
Streets Of Rage
Streets Of Rage 2
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Strider
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic 3
Contra: Hard Corps
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Phantasy Star II
Mickey Mouse And The Castle Of Illusion
Alien Storm
Joe Montana II: Sports Talk Football

It will be the greatest retro console due to content made to date.

Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, M2 doing the emulation? They are finally redeeming themselves from the sin that is ATGames.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this has:

Revenge Of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master
Shadow Dancer
Streets Of Rage
Streets Of Rage 2
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Strider
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic 3
Contra: Hard Corps
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Phantasy Star II
Mickey Mouse And The Castle Of Illusion
Alien Storm
Joe Montana II: Sports Talk Football

It will be the best retro console made to date.
everything except the last title.
how can you pick that over Buster Douglas Boxing?