• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so used to seeing Mega64 be nuisances in public in the US but seeing the reactions to their antics in Japan was an out-of-body experience.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Man I've been a fan of these guys for probably 15 years. I love how good of a sport the devs are appearing in these vids.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I remember the first time I watch a video from them many, many years ago.

The fact they're still around and still awesome is quite frankly amazing.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Lol the Osaka Castle bit. All those frightened people. I love the image of Kamiya just sitting at work blocking people.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comedic timing is so very on-point. Editing and music is on-point. These guys rarely ever drop the ball.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Mega64 are the fucking best. This is fucking hilarious. All their videos with game designer/director are awesome. Insane with how many they have worked with. Sakaguchi, Kojima, Nintendo of America, Kamiya...
Kamiya going back at them in the end is hilarious lol

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I usually don't like videos of people embarrassing themselves in public, but this was hilarious. The timing and editing are top notch.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Mega64 are the fucking best. This is fucking hilarious. All their videos with game designer/director are awesome. Insane with how many they have worked with. Sakaguchi, Kojima, Nintendo of America, Kamiya...
Kamiya going back at them in the end is hilarious lol
Even Miyamoto has appeared in one of their videos.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is straight up my new favorite video of all time, replacing the GDC ones with Gabe, Kojima, and Cliffy B. I CANNOT BELIEVE they went to Japan and did their shtick in public. HOLY SHIT, I would be so scared of being arrested in a foreign place.

Also Kamiya is a treasure. Thanks OP for sharing this!

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's really weird how they get Miyamoto, Sakaguchi, Kojima, Kamiya and others, yet their channel is barely growing over the years.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty soon Kamiya's only friends will be himself and your mom.

This is great. Mega64 is weirdly big and still small at the same time after all these years.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's really weird how they get Miyamoto, Sakaguchi, Kojima, Kamiya and others, yet their channel is barely growing over the years.

I think what it is, is their videos don't really conform to what the algorithm loves - long, daily, predictable videos. Sometimes they go entire weeks without uploading anything besides their podcast. And they tend to keep videos under 5 minutes.

The ironic thing is, they do long-form videos that the YouTube algorithm is more catered to, but on their personal channels.

Mar 30, 2019
Mom! HEY MOM!? HEY YEAH, OVER HERE YEAH!

HIDEKI KAMIYA BLOCKED ME ON TWITTER!

WHAT? WHO? I-BUT MOM! NO THAT DOESN'T MATTER RIGHT NOW! HIDEKI! NO, I JUST HAVE A- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Funny video, but I about cringed myself to sleep thinking about seeing them film that opening in front of a walmart.