• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Should Mega64 Have Done With The PS5?

• Give it to Johnny

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • Give it to Shawn

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • Give it to Rocco

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Give it to Derrick

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Give it to Garret

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Love it. Wish I could find that vid from way back of them smashing a new 360 on launch day. I think it's only a special feature on one of their old dvds

Last edited:

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every generation someone always makes a video of brand new consoles being destroyed and I will always love the reactions to them. Always makes some people way too upset.

Mega64 has been around forever, that Gamestop dude was absolutely in on the joke lol.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
If it's hard to get a PS5 right now, maybe try being upset at Sony rather than Mega64 for doing whatever they want with the toy they bought.

Honestly, I'm just posting in case this thread ends up in Flamewar Theater. I hope Derrick plays me.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
What an unexpected sequel, loved the ending with Series S. Will Rocco's character finally learn? 😭

Mega64 has made me laugh for 10+ years and I don't see them losing their groove soon.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
sZSYJtF.png

Folstern

Jan 30, 2018
User warned: inappropriate language
REEEEEEEE

Rocco and Mega64 are super serious about COVID-19 (check out their recent podcasts discussing the pandemic), GameStop employee was clearly informed of the joke and this is the successor of the PSP Go video. This forum sometimes...

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
all of this outrage at the video and no outrage that clearly rocco was right. it couldn't play discs

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
lol

you honestly think GS guy just.. gave them a Series X for this? And just.. let them film in the store? And didn't realize what all of this is?

Of course he was "in" on it, probably even a team member, since a real employee would have to sign all kinds of waivers to even allow M64 to produce, upload and monetize this video.
Are you serious XD?
He just said that he wanted a Series S and that was a joke since the Series S is only digital too.
Where the hell did you see that he changed the broken PS5 for a Series S?
Best case scenario is that he sold him the console Series S, but we can't see that either... the dialogue is cut, he could have said: "hem well okay... it's 299$ then" or something like that.
For real ppl, just focus please.

[and as I said, that shot of him opening the box is "fake", different person and different floor, it's just and edit]

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Word of Advice - don't ally yourself with the monks. If you want to defend Mega64, that's fine. The monks will just drag you down in that pursuit, though.

Psst.. Spekkio 3 IS one of the Monks.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
holy shit reading the angry responses more people are angry at the treatment of the PS5 than the employee when they didn't know they were in on it lmao

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol!!!! This thread. I love that this was the psp go video all over again.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the video was hilarious. Thank you OP. It does suck for the people who can't get a PS5 due to stock.

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao he paid for the PS5 he can do whatever he wants to it. This is all a skit.

The strong reaction to someone breaking the toy they cant have right now versus just ignoring makes this whole thing even funnier.

If someone ripped up a rare pokemon card and recorded it would you all be acting the same way? Maybe a movie blows up a bunch of actual valuable shit like a car? Nah, who cares. PS5 lust too stronk. Time to take a break everyone.

Last edited:

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, you guys need to lighten up. Everyone who wants a PS5 is gonna get one eventually.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I'm pretty sure the employee was in on the video. And if not I a betting the employee has a funny story to tell (you should have seen what this guy thought he could return!). The guy wasn't that dickish to the guy, just unreasonable in what he wanted (a refund). And I really doubt if the employee wasn't in on it (or if he was) that the guy got an exchange for that PS4. He most certainly paid for the xbox.

Anyways, I found it mildly amusing, or at least hte part where he decides to get an xbox series s.