• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Should Mega64 Have Done With The PS5?

• Give it to Johnny

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • Give it to Shawn

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • Give it to Rocco

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Give it to Derrick

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Give it to Garret

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
K13rrG.gif
The worst part lol

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So good.

Also to the people saying they disrupted this business at any point, There's filming of the employee opening the box on the floor of the gamestop, they clearly know each other and was in on it.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
The reactions this is getting in this thread is what Rocco lives for. He's not content unless he's alienating 99% of his potential audience just to cater to the long-time fans who get what the video is referencing right off the bat.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
While I do understand to a point the people saying it's just a joke and people are overreacting, I hope I never see the same people in the next exposé thread about the sort of conditions these consoles are made and getting outraged.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Lol I found this hilarious. I must be a monster.

Also we always get videos of people smashing consoles or breaking discs or whatever so this isn't something we haven't seen before.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not sure I follow can you please elaborate.
Personally I find the idea of someone here laughing about the machine being destroyed but going into a thread complaining about the condition workers are put through to actually make them to be quite hypocritical.

Buying a console or any electronic device is already a minefield in terms of morality so buying one just to destroy it for lols seems pretty shitty to me.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm this isn't cool...
I don't think it is trying to be cool.

I'm surprised people in this thread think that the Gamestop employee isn't actually in on the joke. Also I bet that is a Sony supplied PS5 that doesn't even function.

Calm down people and just enjoy a silly little video that didn't hurt anybody or anything.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Personally I find the idea of someone here laughing about the machine being destroyed but going into a thread complaining about the condition workers are put through to actually make them to be quite hypocritical.

Buying a console or any electronic device is already a minefield in terms of morality so buying one just to destroy it for lols seems pretty shitty to me.
No ethical consumption under capitalism.

However, this person spent their money on it, they can do, whatever they want with it.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Oh era, come on, that was hilarious. If you are going to senselessly destroy something, the key is to be funny.

This had all the right timing, was short, and honestly the soap and then mayo were so over the top... 12/7!

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me of when Conan made jokes about God of War, people were pissed because it was disrespectful.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017

It's one out of several million luxury devices used in a joke video whose very intention clearly is to get a visceral reaction out of people and furthermore take delight in those that reply in disgust about s.th. that, for anyone thinking about it, is really a complete non-issue.

But even if you were to not get any of that, that you'd feel like people laughing at that video shouldn't complain about the likely bad working conditions in some directly or indirectly related console manufacturing factories, rather than aiding in getting the word out about those, is low. Even if you perceived them as hypocrites, it would still be more important to let their voices be heard there.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
No ethical consumption under capitalism.

However, this person spent their money on it, they can do, whatever they want with it.
I mean ultimately of course that is the case, I'm not advocating they shouldn't have been allowed to buy it or anything.
It's one out of several million luxury devices used in a joke video whose very intention clearly is to get a visceral reaction out of people and furthermore take delight in those that reply in disgust about s.th. that, for anyone thinking about it, is really a complete non-issue.

But even if you were to not get any of that, that you'd feel like people laughing at that video shouldn't complain about the likely bad working conditions in some directly or indirectly related console manufacturing factories, rather than aiding in getting the word out about those, is low. Even if you perceived them as hypocrites, it would still be more important to let their voices be heard there.
That's a fair point about the importance of people speaking up about the ethical concerns regarding electronics assembly practices.

Personally though I still don't particularly like the video, just feels like a waste of a good console that could have gone to someone who appreciated it, as well as it being a shining example of how disposable some people treat modern commodities.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Are people serious with the "this is disrespectful to the people who couldn't preorder a playstation" takes? I didn't even think the video was particularly funny but these ridiculous reactions to it made it worth it lol.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a funny vid, some people are definitely taking this way too seriously.

"Harassing those employees..." give me a break. if this is harassment I've been harassed the whole time I was working retail.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
While I do understand to a point the people saying it's just a joke and people are overreacting, I hope I never see the same people in the next exposé thread about the sort of conditions these consoles are made and getting outraged.

Truly the only way to properly honor the slave laborers who were forced to make these consoles under terrible working conditions is by achieving a platinum trophy in Bugsnax™.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yikes at some of the reactions here. Have a laugh, take a deep breath.

I won't lie though, the Demon's Souls slide hurt a bit.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

I can't see how it's more hypocritical than someone consuming the product and praising the company that did it while complaining about work conditions.

For these people (the workers, i mean), the act of purchasing it is 100% the same whether is it to play or destroy. The workers are probably the ones that would care the least.