• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Should Mega64 Have Done With The PS5?

• Give it to Johnny

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • Give it to Shawn

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • Give it to Rocco

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Give it to Derrick

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Give it to Garret

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The way they filmed him picking the side panel up from the box kinda confirms it.
You guys really didn't cop that the GameStop guy was in on it based on this shot? lmao

calm yourselves

u36S8bl.png
While I believe he was, that doesn't really confirm it. We don't know whose hand that is.

Leedogg

Nov 12, 2017
this reminds me of the guy that bought the wii and PS3 in line. Only to come out and smash them in front of everybody in line.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wow, some fucking vitriol in here when even Sony is probably in on the joke.

Calm the hell down, holy crap.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
The return, I hope, was more of a scripted thing.

I think I found this shit funnier when I was younger. Now I am just thinking about cleaning up the mess and having to repair the shelf.

Fuck, getting old sucks - but it has been cleaner.

Right?

Missing any of the mayo gave me anxiety, that shit will get rank real quick if you don't get it all.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Some strong opinions in here - and based on the information gleaned I'm definitely not going to watch the video.

In the forlorn hope that it actually makes a difference... :(

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I honestly cannot believe most of the reactions this video got in here. It's not like the guy was wasting food (well, except for the mayonnaise).

Also, it's kind if obvious the GameSpot fella was a part of this.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's a fucking console, not food or something essential for living. He can destroy it all he wants. The reaction in here seems a bit excessive.
lol this.

People in this thread acting like he's burning up food while people are starving. Don't cry over consumers who haven't received their expensive video game box yet, just because they might have the UNFORTUNATE HORROR of watching this video.

It's a stupid video, not an insult to humanity. This thread is cringe.

Oct 28, 2017
I figured that was just a shot they prepared themselves. There was no way the Gamestop would have accepted it so they still have it. It's probably easier to do the shot than convincing Gamestop/the employee to be in on it.

The GameStop employee probably immediately said yes out of boredom. He was also clearly mic'ed up. The plastic barrier would have made it impossible to hear him otherwise.

Oct 28, 2017
It's extra funny because I know a lot of the reactions are exactly what they were hoping for. Look forward to the next podcast where they poke fun at the reactions.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
They bought it, they can do whatever they want with it. But trying to return it wasn't cool...

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Johnny, first everyone says he has no personality than this happens to the PS5 he won fair and square

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe rocco would do that to the plastic entertainment toy box that i've emotionally attached myself to

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I watch the PSP go vid it reminds me of working at GameStop and going through that (minus the sauce) with a customer(and we did end up exchanging the system)

it's hysterical and the reactions are people just needing to chill out.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
The part where he picked up the disc from the floor was the best part. That hurt.

It got a bit too over the top afterwards, but I enjoyed the casual stupidity in the beginning.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
eh I love Mega64 and will continue to do so, but the combination of destroying a device people are struggling to buy + annoying people who are probably already exhausted doing their jobs during a pandemic is not something I'm a fan of.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
lmao some people can't take a joke. Same reaction happened to their PSP video back in the day on IGN.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Point of Comparison
People more offended by this than CDPR's transphobia.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I was waiting for the first "dumbass destroys new tech for clicks". Did you guys all notice how it never fails to be hilarious every fucking time since like 2002?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This is like a way less funny version of that scene in Jackass the Movie where Johnny Knoxville rents a car, takes it to a Destruction Derby and then brings the car back a mangled wreck.

Also, and maybe this is just me getting older, I dunno, but that whole schtick of purposefully wrecking a next-generation console is just tiresome now.

(I in general like Mega64 skits btw. Just wasn't feeling this one.)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The humor in the video comes from all the people in this thread clutching their pearls.