• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*shrugs* I played at launch on PS4 Pro and it was completely fine. Another person here on PS4 said it was fine too but if the data is there then I dunno. Collection was super solid for me imo.
We all have different tolerance to input delay. It is real though it's not uncommon to see it as normal.

Technically it's fine, but the point is that it could be better optimized and you'd just have even more responsive controls in the end.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I have an opened copy of the Zero collection, and a sealed copy. Both ZX games, too. And all the originals on GBA, complete.

I really, really, really like the Zero series. Good lord, the way that series ended, man.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
We all have different tolerance to input delay. It is real though it's not uncommon to see it as normal.

Technically it's fine, but the point is that it could be better optimized and you'd just have even more responsive controls in the end.
True! Perhaps I just didn't notice or care enough. Btw, love your avatar. X series Zero is one of my favorite characters and X4 is my favorite.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
W
BN games have content only accessible through multiplayer RNG, multiplayer trading or events like the legendary pokemon Nintendo gives for some games. In the VC version of them, only available on the Wii U*, you can unlock said content but just acessing the multiplayer menu and saving.

*You can patch any version of the ROMs with this unlock and thus access it on whatever platform you play, or just inject the Wii U version of the ROMs to play on a hacked 3DS.

There's still extra content that you can only find outside of the games in the form of the Number Trade Codes, which is one thing I would hope a collection would fix by making them all secrets able to be found in game, instead of only some of them. Originally they were distributed in magazines, with the anime, etc

What the fuck

I was going to wait for the inevitable discount, but this changes everything

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man I gasped when I saw that thread title

giphy.gif

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The monkey's paw would be having blood, "kill" instead of "retire", "hellbat" instead of "devilbat", "Vile" instead of "Weil" but also having the fugly European title screens.

Laggy controls would kill this super fast paced game.

My biggest worry by far and main reason I didn't buy mmx collection on the switch.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played any of those games before, so sign me up.

Platinum Trophy please.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the Mega Man Collections rolling Capcom.

Legends Collection and Battle Network Collection and I will be set forever. :D

Also MMX 9 and Mega Man 12 please.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't like the Zero series much (they're fine but Zero got enough focus in the X series - don't @ me) but the Power Ranger morphing of ZX was neat. I'll replay everything again, of course.

I think my top 3 in this combined series is Z3> Z2 > ZX if I really had to rank them all. I'm hoping we get a physical version (which may have been mentioned already) and I should sell my DS copies of Zero Collection and the 2 ZX games.

Please please please let a Legends collection / remaster be the next thing in the pipeline for the MM Collections.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*shrugs* I played at launch on PS4 Pro and it was completely fine. Another person here on PS4 said it was fine too but if the data is there then I dunno. Collection was super solid for me imo.
Normally I don't notice input lag, but since I've been playing these games on SNES since I was a kid the difference in input lag was downright startling. It felt like I was playing a different game.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Normally I don't notice input lag, but since I've been playing these games on SNES since I was a kid the difference in input lag was downright startling. It felt like I was playing a different game.

The lag is totally real, yeah. I eventually adjusted as much as I reasonably could but I've been playing these games since I was a kid as well and I could do them in my sleep. The X collection especially was enough off to where it was like I had to relearn all of them and not exactly in a fun way. I was on PS4 Pro fwiw.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan

Yeah I think that people who didn't grow up playing on an SNES will have less of an issue than those of who who played these religiously as kids on CRTs with an SNES.

I wish I could enjoy the X collections, but sadly I can't. It's been collecting dust ever since, but at least I don't need to keep my PS1 copies of X4-6 as those feel really good still in the collection.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Can we get ZX3 first please?

That cliffhanger was brutal.

The far flung hope for a ZX3 eventually happening is one of the main reasons I'm picking this up, despite already owning all existing versions of all of these games.

Please Capcom. ZX3 and Legends 3. You can do it! I believe!

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a litmus test for people who know how bad input lag actually feels, lol.

MMX Collection is fine as long as you don't notice ::checks notes:: a minimum of about 7.5 frames of input delay. lol

There were a lot of jumps that took me way too many tries because of how bad the delay was.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think this is a litmus test for people who know how bad input lag actually feels, lol.

MMX Collection is fine as long as you don't notice ::checks notes:: a minimum of about 7.5 frames of input delay. lol

There were a lot of jumps that took me way too many tries because of how bad the delay was.
What if you notice it and still think it's a mild inconvenience at most.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if you notice it and still think it's a mild inconvenience at most.

Well, there were people defending Bloodstained on Switch, so...not everybody has the same standards.

I don't see why anybody would defend or imply that worse control over your character isn't a huge negative, but you do you.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait and see how the input latency is before I purchase, but good on them for doing this!

By that, I mean I want a full quarter second come on Capcpom you can do it!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If ZXA made it, that means there is hope for a MM Starforce Collection right ?
We can only hope. I'm really curious how that might work though. If they were to do both Battle Network and Star Force in one collection... that's a lot of games. Multiple versions of every game beginning with BN3, plus potentially (hopefully) Operate Shooting Star. I could understand if they didn't include Star Force because of that, but then I wonder if a standalone Star Force collection would even sell all that well. Guess we'll find out what their plans are in a year or two.

I'll buy whatever collections they put out for those games though. I loved them so much when I was growing up.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Should the thread title be updated to show the platforms and that it's officially announced now?