• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
These are my favorite Mega Man games, can't wait to pick the collection when I'm back from my vacations. Hopefully they didn't fuck up the input lag tough

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ironic that the hardest games in the series will have the easiest Platinum.
Yup. At least the trophy list looks better than X Collection 2! Then again, previous MM collections don't have all that tough lists either - for example - Classic Collection 2 could have had a really evil trophy list if it forced you to gold rank all the challenge missions, as the Wily 7 challenge is a tough old bastard to beat (no E Tanks, do all forms in one life). That was legit hard, but I managed it in the end!

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for going OT, but presumably the only possible Mega Man collections left are Battle Network and Legends? How soon do we get a hint of the next collection after the current release?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to replay the series tomorrow. Hopefully we get more collections in the future from Capcom.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for going OT, but presumably the only possible Mega Man collections left are Battle Network and Legends? How soon do we get a hint of the next collection after the current release?
Battle Network, Starforce, Legends are the big three that are still missing. But that said, there's tons of Mega Man games missing from the existing collections - like the Gameboy games, Rockman & Forte, Rockman Mega World, loads of random titles like the Wonderswan, Game Gear stuff, or the Asia only PC releases, or Rockboard... and so many more!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

God, ZX had some great music. Looking forward to hearing Advent's soundtrack for the first time.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Battle Network, Starforce, Legends are the big three that are still missing. But that said, there's tons of Mega Man games missing from the existing collections - like the Gameboy games, Rockman & Forte, Rockman Mega World, loads of random titles like the Wonderswan, Game Gear stuff, or the Asia only PC releases, or Rockboard... and so many more!

Battle Network is definitely at the top of my wishlist for next Legacy Collection; it'll be interesting to see how they handle it in terms of releasing them together or in two bundles (and if so, where they draw the line between them) since there's only 6 games, but there's 2 versions of 3-6, making a total of 10 titles (also, would they opt for the DS version of 5 and the DS remake of 1?)

My pipe dream is for them to add online multiplayer, but not holding my breath, lol.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think just from simplicity's sake, we'll probably see battle network first. They already have tested and proven tech they used for GBA games in this collection. As much as I want a Legends collection much much more, we'll probably be waiting a bit longer on it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A collection for Battle Network and maybe Star Force seems likely at this point. There have been rumors floating around for a while now. No idea about Legends.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Battle Network is definitely at the top of my wishlist for next Legacy Collection; it'll be interesting to see how they handle it in terms of releasing them together or in two bundles (and if so, where they draw the line between them) since there's only 6 games, but there's 2 versions of 3-6, making a total of 10 titles.

My pipe dream is for them to add online multiplayer, but not holding my breath, lol.
Yeah, I don't see online MP (especially good MP netcode) happening :( I also wonder what they'd do with the different versions, since they really do give some pretty substantial different content in the later games. And then for BN, you have so many side games - 4.5 which has now been fan translated, Chip Challenge, Network Transmission (A big favourite of mine) alongside the arcade games that never got ported, and the awesome and often ignored Wonderswan Colour platformer based on BN1-2...

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I would take another zero/zx style game, doesn't have to be zx3.

But please give us another Megaman game in that style.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
If this question has been asked already, forgive me, but does the Japanese version of this collection have english menus and region select?

Would consider going for the import if it got me the ZX Advent Japanese dub.

I don't know if this matters, but I guess this collection has all of the japanese versions of the games, so you could play ZX Advent with japanese dub in the US version. But you still have japanese menus, and no subtitles.

rustyra24

Jul 6, 2018
When will the Battle Network collection or Star Force Collection come out? Or the weird games collection that should include

Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man X Command Mission
Mega Man 1/2/ Tron Bonne
Ms Dos Games lol

I am probably missing some stuff

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Battle Network is definitely at the top of my wishlist for next Legacy Collection; it'll be interesting to see how they handle it in terms of releasing them together or in two bundles (and if so, where they draw the line between them) since there's only 6 games, but there's 2 versions of 3-6, making a total of 10 titles (also, would they opt for the DS version of 5 and the DS remake of 1?)

Online multiplayer in Battle Network would be great. It's kind of cool how ahead of their time the games were, how they were about online multiplayer in terms of story, but didn't actually have online multiplayer themselves.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
I don't know if this matters, but I guess this collection has all of the japanese versions of the games, so you could play ZX Advent with japanese dub in the US version. But you still have japanese menus, and no subtitles.

It's my understanding that the US version only has the English dub for ZX Advent, even if you change the region version. Which is why I was curious. Because the ability to pick region versions in the Japanese version would allow me to play all the games in with english text and menus regardless, WITH the Japanese dub for ZX Advent. But I'm not sure how much of the menus OUTSIDE of the games themselves are in English.

When will the Battle Network collection or Star Force Collection come out? Or the weird games collection that should include

Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man 1/2/ Tron Bonne
Ms Dos Games lol

We never got Megaman and Bass. SOMEHOW.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
It's my understanding that the US version only has the English dub for ZX Advent, even if you change the region version. Which is why I was curious. Because the ability to pick region versions in the Japanese version would allow me to play all the games in with english text and menus regardless, WITH the Japanese dub for ZX Advent. But I'm not sure how much of the menus OUTSIDE of the games themselves are in English.

youtu.be

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - REVIEW (Nintendo Switch)

Mega Man's legacy on modern consoles continues with Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, but does this compilation do its six included games justice? Find out...

according to this at around 9 minutes in (timestamped the relevant portion) I think it means the japanese dub is there. They could be wrong, or I could be misunderstanding. I've not played these games, but was watchin the review.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man 1/2/ Tron Bonne
Ms Dos Games lol

Power Fighters and the kart racer game from the older collections never got rereleased, right? Plus it'd be nice if Rockman & Forte got brought overseas with the gba script, although that might be too much work for a collection.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
youtu.be

Mega Man's legacy on modern consoles continues with Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, but does this compilation do its six included games justice? Find out...

according to this at around 9 minutes in (timestamped the relevant portion) I think it means the japanese dub is there. They could be wrong, or I could be misunderstanding. I've not played these games, but was watchin the review.

Oh, well then. Guess MY information was wrong then. Much appreciated.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Any news on if there is significant input lag like there was for some MMX games?

The video reviews I've seen so far have said no input lag or so little as to be insignificant/unnoticeable and not affect play. No one has done a scientific analysis yet. Guessing Digital Foundry might put out a video eventually.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's the worst game in the classic franchise.

Screen Crunch basically made that port unplayble unfortunately.

I somehow managed to play it all the way through with both characters as a kid. When I went back years later I could barely make it a few stages in because of how bad the screen crunch was. Playing as Bass is especially egregious because of how much more mobile he is - you wanna dash everywhere but you end up flinging yourself into a spike wall just off-screen.

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's the worst game in the classic franchise.
They didn't omit X7 or X6. Arguably the worst Mega Man games ever made. One for being dreadfully boring, one for being absolute bullshit. I'm still happy they are there for people who want to play them, like me. There really is no excuse for Capcom to not have put MM&B in the Legacy Collection 2. Quality of games as we can see, is clearly not a factor in determing what games Capcom is interested in preserving. Heck the fact that Capcom felt X6, X7 and X8 were enough to pretty much carry a collection by themselves is mindblowing. I really hope they give us MM and B eventually.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How's the "pixel perfect" scaling looking for this? Any uneven pixels on the life bar or anything? I swear that shit killed MM9 and 10 for me in the legacy collection. They looked so damn weird

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
They didn't omit X7 or X6. Arguably the worst Mega Man games ever made. One for being dreadfully boring, one for being absolute bullshit. I'm still happy they are there for people who want to play them, like me. There really is no excuse for Capcom to not have put MM&B in the Legacy Collection 2. Quality of games as we can see, is clearly not a factor in determing what games Capcom is interested in preserving. Heck the fact that Capcom felt X6, X7 and X8 were enough to pretty much carry a collection by themselves is mindblowing. I really hope they give us MM and B eventually.

Just a playful jab, despite how bullshit some sections of the game are when playing as Mega Man, I totally agree that it should have been in Legacy Collection 2, especially since Mega Man 9's ending implies it's part of the main franchise. I was convinced for a long time it might be paid DLC because of the extra development cost of injecting the English GBA script into the SNES version, but clearly it's just not happening at this point.

Maybe we'll get a Mega Man "Gems" Collection with it included alongside the Game Boy and Game Gear games at some point?

Oct 27, 2017
Just a playful jab, despite how bullshit some sections of the game are when playing as Mega Man, I totally agree that it should have been in Legacy Collection 2, especially since Mega Man 9's ending implies it's part of the main franchise. I was convinced for a long time it might be paid DLC because of the extra development cost of injecting the English GBA script into the SNES version, but clearly it's just not happening at this point.

Maybe we'll get a Mega Man "Gems" Collection with it included alongside the Game Boy and Game Gear games at some point?
I would really love a collection that had all the weird stuff and smaller titles. I wasn't trying to come at you aggressive btw, I'm just baffled by the decision to omit it. I know it's not a perfect game but it's one that really felt like it was missing, especially since Legacy Collection 2 only had 4 games while the previous one had 6. Bass has a pretty heavy focus in 7-10 plus the similarity in graphics between 8 and MMB. Such a missed opportunity. It's where it would have really fit in.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Mega Man & Bass is beautiful and has fantastic music, it's worth a port just for that.

the inevitable Mega Man Spinoffs and Rejects Legacy Collection is sure gonna be something

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is the touch screen handed for the DS games?
You use the second analogue stick to move a cursor around the screen and click it to select the option you are hovering over. You can also use the Switch's touch screen when in handheld mode.
Gamexplain said this is not the case and that you always have to use the right stick. Timestamp:

www.youtube.com

6:04

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
87403461_2992431054140967_2727814487959666688_o.jpg

Let's go

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Rockman and Forte is an excellent game... on the Super Famicom. Its fine enough on the GBA but the music and squished screen real estate doesn't exactly endear it well when its not exactly a forgiving game (that said, to this day I'll never understand why some people think its unplayable with one of the two characters, I forget which... I mean, its not easy clearing the game, but its not impossible either, I've buster only'd it with both on SFC and GBA before, though certain sections did really kick my ass).

Anyway, I really hope those DOS games stay buried. Usually I'd be all "for completion!" but they suck ass, no way round it. Barely playable in places and aside from 3 having a couple of ideas (swimming, later used in MM8, and pretty huge, maze like levels) there's 0 redeeming features.

I'd rather see Wily Tower from RMW ported, or maybe the Power Battle/Fighters games INCLUDING the Neo Geo Pocket Colour port which aside from the lackluster music selection is a pretty interesting port. Maybe do colour versions of the Gameboy games (maybe with a turbo mode to reduce/remove some of the slowdown in later GB games).

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame. I'll be satisfied with almost anything except MM12 and really that's all I want confirmation for at this point. Don't care which series they want to follow up or perhaps create something entirely new even, just no more classic games for a while please.
Yeah, same here. I like the idea of classic Megaman more than I like playing it I think. I've beaten all classic titles except 9 and 10, (the games are fucking satanically hard), and I think I beat them just to see why so many people prefer the classic series over X, and I still don't quite get it. I know it's a controversial statement, but I really mean this; Megaman X, Zero, or ZX, at their worst, is more fun to me than Megaman Classic, at its best. I just don't like the lack of mobility. It feels just, clunky in comparison. I still enjoy the games, but nowhere even remotely near any of the other series.

I think at this point what I'd like to see most is Megaman Legends 3, but I guess it's never going to happen.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
I just want to state for posterity that I'm super happy that the Save-Assist Points can be turned on in the regular difficulties. Lives were always one element I've never been fond of in classic platforms. Very happy to be able to just keep trying until I beat a boss without having to trek through the level again. The classic Legacy Collections in particular were made way less time intensive with infinitely retrying at check points. The rewind feature of the first Legacy Collection might have made it a little too easy though, lol.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm really hoping the Classic GB entries and the Xtreme games make it to a compilation one of these days. Xtreme 2 is my jam, and MM4 GB is legitimately up there with some of the best entries in the series.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Rockman and Forte is an excellent game... on the Super Famicom. Its fine enough on the GBA but the music and squished screen real estate doesn't exactly endear it well when its not exactly a forgiving game (that said, to this day I'll never understand why some people think its unplayable with one of the two characters, I forget which... I mean, its not easy clearing the game, but its not impossible either, I've buster only'd it with both on SFC and GBA before, though certain sections did really kick my ass).

The biggest sin is the King Plane boss with Mega Man. It feels like it's entirely luck based as to whether you can make it through without a platform you've committed to jumping to gets blasted away right before you land.

My impression of the game is that it was designed with Bass's mobility in mind and then Mega Man was thrown in without sufficient playtesting.

Oct 27, 2017
I think at this point what I'd like to see most is Megaman Legends 3, but I guess it's never going to happen.
It might happen someday. Have to wait and see if they do a Legends Collection in the next couple of years for Capcom to determine if there is interest in a continuation. I agree though with your feelings on classic. I appreciate them and have beat most of them, but they are not the games I like replaying when I'm in the mood for Mega Man. It also doesn't help that we got 9,10 and 11 while I have been starving for a truly good new X game since X4/X5. In an ideal world. Capcom would alternate on different series so as to prevent burn out and give all different fans something to look forward to.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
It might happen someday. Have to wait and see if they do a Legends Collection in the next couple of years for Capcom to determine if there is interest in a continuation. I agree though with your feelings on classic. I appreciate them and have beat most of them, but they are not the games I like replaying when I'm in the mood for Mega Man. It also doesn't help that we got 9,10 and 11 while I have been starving for a truly good new X game since X4/X5. In an ideal world. Capcom would alternate on different series so as to prevent burn out and give all different fans something to look forward to.

Yeah, Capcom definitely needed to slow down from the hyper intense release schedules of the early 2000's, where they devalued Mega Man as a brand in the eyes of the average consumer by just burning people out with like 3-4 games in a single year, but their current attitude is an over correction.

My ideal would be to see one release every year and a half, alternating sub-series in a rotation. That way we get nice large gaps within a sub-series, while still keeping Mega Man as a brand in the public conscious. I'm also hopeful that Devil May Cry 5's success will motivate them to give the teams responsible for the eventual X9 and/or ZX3 a slightly bigger budget than what Mega Man 11 saw. Don't get me wrong, Mega Man 11 looked and played great for the most part (in my top 4 in the classic series), but certain aspects (the running cycle, some of the cutscene animation) definitely felt a little on the low budget side.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this collection is decent on Switch. I've been itching for sidescrolling action on the switch and skipped these games when they first came out because I thought they were just replacing X and Zero entirely.