• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, why is my flaming mammoth stage on ice instead of fire like every video on the internet?

2nd why did capcom moved the boots and hid them, aren't they essiential to beating the game (try beating eagle withouth them)?

lol I beat and played the original , so this version is not making any sense to me.

I didn't want to use a walkthrough, but I had to :/

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's not a good remake. They tried so hard to remix it that it lost a lot of what made the original special.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I liked that you could play as Vile

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
First of all, why is my flaming mammoth stage on ice instead of fire like every video on the internet?

If you beat Chill Penguin before Flame Mammoth his level changes. Same with Storm Eagle and Spark Mandrill I believe. Launch Octopus and Sting Chameleon. Beating levels changes others.

And the remake is so fucking good. Too bad we'll never see it continued into the other games in the series.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

2nd why did capcom moved the boots and hid them, aren't they essiential to beating the game (try beating eagle withouth them)?

lol I beat and played the original , so this version is not making any sense to me.

I didn't want to use a walkthrough, but I had to :/
it was so bad that I deleted the game and tried the SNES instead
they had no idea of how to do dialogs, they are all painfull to read.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
If you beat Chill Penguin before Flame Mammoth his level changes. Same with Storm Eagle and Spark Mandrill I believe. Launch Octopus and Sting Chameleon. Beating levels changes others.

And the remake is so fucking good. Too bad we'll never see it continued into the other games in the series.

oh okay, thats neat I guess...is it like this on snes?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Everything about the remake was a mistake.

Bad music
Ugly art style
X yelling everytime he uses his weapons
Moving everything around (Why the HELL would you move the Vile fight to Sigma stage 3???? It's pointless to get Zero's buster at this point)

It's only saving grace was the voice acting.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Eh I like Maverick Hunter X me and my brother played it dozens of times over the years. Heck it is my brother's most played game on the Vita :P
It's a decent enough remake IMO nd I enjoy playing it from time to time.

If you defeated Penguin first, Mammoth stage gets frozen. All stages in the game become affected if you defeat certaiN bosses first. Unles s you are saying it is frozen to begin with?

In the original it was already in your path in Penguin's stage. In later games, the capsules are hidden. I guess they just did it to go with that theme.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
The only good thing about the remake was Day of Sigma. And you can get that in the legacy collection now, so it's pointless. The fact that they give Vile a life bar and have you "beat" him in the first level shows how much they completely miss the point in so many areas.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I liked it, bought it for $10 on PSN I think a few years ago and still have it on my PSP. I wish they released more OVAs in the style of Day of Sigma, I really liked that one.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
The reason they changed the boots location I always interpreted as a bone thrown to people who want to challenge themselves by beating the game without any armor upgrades.

I liked the remake (Vile and Hard mode were fun additions), but I always thought that one big omission was not giving the original game as an unlockable like in the Rondo of Blood remake.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I enjoyed the psp remake quite a bit. It's not as good as the original, but it's solid.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So wait, you didn't beat Chill Penguin first in your SNES runs? He's designed to be the first boss you kill! Only Boomer Kuwanger takes as much damage from the buster as Chill Penguin does and Boomer is a much harder fight. I always went for him first so I rarely ever saw the lava version of the Flame Mammoth stage.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
My problem with that one is just that it's ugly. The 3d polygon models don't get the old sprites expression and charm at all.