• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
42650891_2264770750217743_7685105675608784896_n.png

"Mega Man 11 Art Director Yuji Ishihara created this wonderful art to commemorate tomorrow's launch of Mega Man 11!

On behalf of everyone at Capcom, thank you for supporting our Blue Bomber! Fight on, Mega Fans – for everlasting peace."

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
So, quick question...

Do we know for sure if difficulty levels outright change stage layout if not mitigate stage hazards ala Mega Man 10?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
42650891_2264770750217743_7685105675608784896_n.png

"Mega Man 11 Art Director Yuji Ishihara created this wonderful art to commemorate tomorrow's launch of Mega Man 11!

On behalf of everyone at Capcom, thank you for supporting our Blue Bomber! Fight on, Mega Fans – for everlasting peace."
Maaan, I love the art design of this game so much. Mega's on point and the RM's all look amazing.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Regarding the difficulty theres a difference between being on par with the majority of the series and being tuned towards uber MM playing robots who minimalist speedrun MM&B for breakfast. MM2-6 + 8 aren't hard/punishing games (barring cheap/poor design decisions which was mostly MM2). If 11's default difficulty is like those games difficulty then I'll play on it. If not then I'll happily play on the easiest mode available! Either way... its out tomorrow?! Gimme!

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey there, fellow Mega fans! I reviewed Mega Man 11 for GameXplain, so if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. :)

I'm excited for all of you who get to start playing it tomorrow!

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I got my Switch copy from Amazon today. Nice surprise.

So far I'm enjoying the game, but feel some of the levels I've played drag on for a little too long.

I'm also bad at the game, though!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I'm absolutely getting shit on on whatever the default difficulty is.

Tried three or four stages so far, only made it to the boss of one. The others, first mini boss or less haha

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
So I preordered this but when I select the icon the Switch says it needs to check the internet. When I do, it says that it can't be played and to check the eshop for more info. When I do, the eshop says fucking nothing except that I already own it. What the fuck?

Wait fuck is this out tomorrow? Damn it

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Is this gonna be a midnight EST, PST or tomorrow (noon EST) release on Switch. Do we know?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I am not happy. I was on YouTube and I saw a thumbnail for Mega Man 11's final bosses and it pretty much gave them away. ...really, really annoyed right now.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Spent a little time with both the Switch and PS4 version, I actually don't like the Switch one because of finger cramps lol (until you get the auto charge upgrade). I haven't played it docked, so I can't say if there are any huge performance differences between the systems.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
23 bucks on gmg. Any codes stack with it?

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Random unrelated MM question: When & Why did he get the "Blue Bomber" title/nickname?

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Random unrelated MM question: When & Why did he get the "Blue Bomber" title/nickname?

RockEm-70.JPG

It's a reference to the classic Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots tabletop game, where the blue robot was called the Blue Bomber. Somebody made the connection between the two way back in the NES era and it's a nickname that's stuck with Mega Man ever since.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RockEm-70.JPG

It's a reference to the classic Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots tabletop game, where the blue robot was called the Blue Bomber. Somebody made the connection between the two way back in the NES era and it's a nickname that's stuck with Mega Man ever since.
Holy crap. Mind blown.

And yeah he was called the Blue Bomber way back in the day. I'm pretty sure you saw the nickname in Nintendo Power etc.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to get this.

Eventually.

I'm actually pretty damn angry. It's for a completely nonsensical reason, but it's my reason.

The Mega Buster goes on his LEFT ARM, NOT THE RIGHT ARM.

EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ARTWORK EXCLUDING THE JAPANESE COLLECTOR'S EDITION STUFF HAS IT ON HIS RIGHT ARM.

THIS WILL NOT STAND.

I'm not buying it until they fix it and the door animation.

I have already pre-ordered it.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fuse Man stage done. Crazy fun boss battle, good god. I imagine it would be a lot easier with speed gear activated but I refused.

Really enjoyed it. Doing a no damage run should be...interesting.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
RockEm-70.JPG

Thanks! Never woulda imagined it came from anything like that and so long ago!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna pick this up after work. If it even comes close to 9 or 10, l will be a happy fellow.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
The game has unlocked on Switch in Europe already. I played two stages and I'm happy that the boss weakness I thought might be there actually worked.

So defeating Impact Man gives you a charging attack with a giant needle. Bounce Man is a balloon. And yup, it worked.

POP!

I stopped there since it's past midnight, but Bounce Man's weapon seems like it might be the one to get. It's spread shot. And with Power Gear, it shoots back and front. Doesn't pierce walls, though, but it can definitely hit a lot of screen space with bullets.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Okay, then. Let's play:

8E1pHAD.png

Megaman 1 ending
xqTpX0A.png

Megaman 2 opening
YkxXD61.png

Megaman 3 ending
z7HM1UK.png

Megaman 4 cut-scene
oyLVXc9.png

Megaman 6 ending
ylateNS.png

Megaman 7 cut-scene
N3aw8GY.png

Megaman 8 cut-scene
l3pw8oK.png

Megaman & Bass cut-scene
V79ehU1.png

Megaman & Bass character select
CH9VCtr.png

Megaman Wily Wars cut-scene
jgOSOsp.png

Megaman V Opening
yaYHg9b.png

Megaman Anniversary Collection Game Select Screen

and it's not limited to the classic series either
fnIEmcA.png

Megaman X ending
k05FFG8.png

Megaman X3 ending
OWEnwnd.png

Megaman X4 credits
aqg0hhv.png

Megaman X5 credits
lImBynj.png

Megaman X6 credits
j9PK9kz.png

Megaman X8 credits
HVDkOf3.png

Megaman Legends 1
PFPORHJ.png

Megaman Battle Network

Need I go on?

The point is that the majority of the Megaman series has the name as single word for most part (To be fair, I found the space in 5, 9, 10, IV, X2, and Powered Up). I wonder how someone that acts as such an authority and yet, didn't do the proper research to prove me wrong before chiding me. And I'm not going on the various logos and packaging Capcom has created for MM, I'm going on the games themselves. Heck, that doesn't even provide a true source at times as MMPU has Rock named as Mega, and MML has Rock Volunut called "MegaMan Volunut" which doesn't make sense when we learn his real name.

That comparison isn't apt at all. A space in the name doesn't mean I'm renaming the game's character against canon. Here, I'll make a better argument for you.

batmanvintage70slogo.png

Huh, an old Batman logo has the name of the character as"Bat Man." Guess we have to change all of the Batman media in the last 40+ years. DC better get going. Chop-Chop.

Sorry to go in on this, folks, but I'll be damned if I'll be arguing this point for the next couple of days. It was funny at first, but not anymore. This should be a time for celebration, not for bickering over petty, petty, oh, so fucking petty differences and matters. So, I'll go back to my original point earlier in the thread:

who_gives_a_shit.gif
Totally agree. Megaman and Mega Man are pretty darn interchangeable

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When is this game gonna be on the US PSN store? Bizarre that you can't pre-order it.