• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MaverickHunterX
Oct 27, 2017
OT fail. The character's name in the West in Mega Man, not Megaman. Capcom's never referred to him as Megaman in any official material ever. One case of the space being missing in the opening cutscene of a space-constricted NES game doesn't supersede literally every other official reference to the character ever made. And it's not "LOL, just personal preference here" either. If you're making the OT for a new game, especially a major series revival like this, get the freaking main character's name right.

Okay, then. Let's play:

8E1pHAD.png

Megaman 1 ending
xqTpX0A.png

Megaman 2 opening
YkxXD61.png

Megaman 3 ending
z7HM1UK.png

Megaman 4 cut-scene
oyLVXc9.png

Megaman 6 ending
ylateNS.png

Megaman 7 cut-scene
N3aw8GY.png

Megaman 8 cut-scene
l3pw8oK.png

Megaman & Bass cut-scene
V79ehU1.png

Megaman & Bass character select
CH9VCtr.png

Megaman Wily Wars cut-scene
jgOSOsp.png

Megaman V Opening
yaYHg9b.png

Megaman Anniversary Collection Game Select Screen

and it's not limited to the classic series either
fnIEmcA.png

Megaman X ending
k05FFG8.png

Megaman X3 ending
OWEnwnd.png

Megaman X4 credits
aqg0hhv.png

Megaman X5 credits
lImBynj.png

Megaman X6 credits
j9PK9kz.png

Megaman X8 credits
HVDkOf3.png

Megaman Legends 1
PFPORHJ.png

Megaman Battle Network

Need I go on?

The point is that the majority of the Megaman series has the name as single word for most part (To be fair, I found the space in 5, 9, 10, IV, X2, and Powered Up). I wonder how someone that acts as such an authority and yet, didn't do the proper research to prove me wrong before chiding me. And I'm not going on the various logos and packaging Capcom has created for MM, I'm going on the games themselves. Heck, that doesn't even provide a true source at times as MMPU has Rock named as Mega, and MML has Rock Volunut called "MegaMan Volunut" which doesn't make sense when we learn his real name.

I can't make an OT for a new Legend of Zelda game and refer to the hero as LUCAS throughout the whole thing because that's how I've labeled my save files in past games in that series. "It's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and here's the famous main character LUCAS! Sure looks different than the LUCAS from the last game, doesn't he? He doesn't have the green hat any more!"

That comparison isn't apt at all. A space in the name doesn't mean I'm renaming the game's character against canon. Here, I'll make a better argument for you.

batmanvintage70slogo.png

Huh, an old Batman logo has the name of the character as"Bat Man." Guess we have to change all of the Batman media in the last 40+ years. DC better get going. Chop-Chop.

Sorry to go in on this, folks, but I'll be damned if I'll be arguing this point for the next couple of days. It was funny at first, but not anymore. This should be a time for celebration, not for bickering over petty, petty, oh, so fucking petty differences and matters. So, I'll go back to my original point earlier in the thread:

who_gives_a_shit.gif

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Any reviews? I LOVE Mega Man but wasn't feeling the demo at all. Gave me Mighty No. 9 vibes.

I want to read a review before in case I was just not taking it in.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry again, all. The comment just rubbed me the wrong way. Hope I didn't ruin things for anyone. Please continue about the game. It's why we're all here for, right?
Don't worry you didn't ruin anything! I love this OT. I just wish I had the game right now lol. I've spent more hours on the demo than the PS4 Spider-Man game.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky

Since I personally would want to know what each of the Robot Masters' stage themes sound like, I used our review copy to put together a set of OST videos to help everyone pass the time until launch day tomorrow. First up is the unembargoed track, Block's Man Stage Theme.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If I preorder Mega Man 11 now (to finally play as Megaman again, MHX was right all along), will I still get those preorder soundtracks? Couldn't find anything in the eShop and I'm not sure if it ever was written down there. Is it too late?

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendolife review
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/mega_man_11
They gave it a 9

Conclusion

Mega Man 11 is an excellent resurgence for the Blue Bomber, imbuing the tried-and-true classic gameplay with modern touches and new ideas that expand on existing concepts in interesting ways. The underlying action platforming gameplay is just as tight and challenging as you remember, and when combined with the new visuals and extra options for replayability, you've got a game that's every bit as good as those that came before, while surpassing them in some ways. Mega Man 11 is a modern classic, a fitting refresh for a beloved series, and we'd highly recommend you add this one to your Switch library whether you're a newcomer or you've been playing since the NES days. Bravo, Capcom.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i might check it out on sale. i liked the gameplay but it's too ugly for me to get it at full price.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We gave it a 7/10 on Push Square:

Ultimately, Mega Man 11 is another rock solid entry in the long running series. The new presentation style and Double Gear system is largely a success, and aside from some particularly nasty areas and enemy placement, the level design is decent. The level of challenge is what fans will have come to expect of the franchise, but unbelievably strict collision detection can result in some harsh losses. It's a tricky balancing act to make a new Mega Man game for hardcore fans as well as newcomers, and Capcom has just about walked that tricky tightrope, but not without some small wobbles on the way.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/mega_man_11

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
any word on how the switch one runs? I forgot I preordered it and its showing up tomorrow lol

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Any changes in the release version from the demo as far as how the gear powers are activated?

I thought the powers themselves were pretty cool but the controls around them were very clunky and I think hampered their usage. I think a hold/release option would work so much better.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Maybe they'll patch in hold/release, but it's unfortunately still "switch on/switch off" like in the demo.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky

And here's the happily goofy Bounce Man theme. Please imagine yourself ricocheting around the screen, being flung off bouncy balls in all directions.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know whether it's better to get the Prima artbook or the udon one that also releases this month?

Also what's the best way to go to get the Japanese amiibo?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Ya know, I spoke ill of the games sound track in another topic but listening to the music on its own, it's actually really great. I think the various sounds effects and what not might really drown out the tunes in this game .

Come to think of it, maybe the Gear system is a detriment to the sound track.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really really hope there is a patch that changes the in-air collision. It was terrible in the demo and doesn't feel right at all.

(... And fixes the gate issue.)

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, just pre-ordered as I forgot it includes the DLC music tracks for doing so.

Guess I now I have every mainline MM game on Switch. Lag and all.