• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
That fourth screenshot....is Mega Man about to beat the shit out of Wily with a broom?

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it last weekend. Really enjoyed it, but it should be played on normal. I finished it on casual and they just hand out way too many bolts, which means you can never run out of health tanks or lives.

This is not as much of an issue on normal.
*Grabs Switch and check if game is playable and then the game is not playable yet. :(

Oct 27, 2017
SOOOOOO EXCITED. Going digital with this, Switch handheld with the Hori D-Pad. :)

I hope it can be fixed as well, but Christ, some of you are rude as hell (not you specifically). The tone of the post you quoted was completely unnecessary.
Yeah, that post is obnoxious. It's a matter of a space and a capital M. They'll get to it when they get to it, the OT is great.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
OT fail. The character's name in the West in Mega Man, not Megaman. Capcom's never referred to him as Megaman in any official material ever. One case of the space being missing in the opening cutscene of a space-constricted NES game doesn't supersede literally every other official reference to the character ever made. And it's not "LOL, just personal preference here" either. If you're making the OT for a new game, especially a major series revival like this, get the freaking main character's name right.

I can't make an OT for a new Legend of Zelda game and refer to the hero as LUCAS throughout the whole thing because that's how I've labeled my save files in past games in that series. "It's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and here's the famous main character LUCAS! Sure looks different than the LUCAS from the last game, doesn't he? He doesn't have the green hat any more!"

Let's take it down a notch friendo. It's a space in the written form of a characters name.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to go Switch, but I think I've decided on PS4 for trophies/4K. Can't wait for this, and really hoping for some cool surprises (Bass/Protoman appearance, maybe a MMX storyline connection, etc.)

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of wish I never saw that Pix n' Love Collectors Edition now. Just ordered it.

I've now officially triple dipped on Mega Man 11...

Ordered the PS4 version. I really hope the Brick Man's level got changed a bit.

Block Man? Nah, it didn't. Out of the levels I've played so far it's the least challenging and most 'basic' for sure, even disregarding the fact I played through the demo 20+ times before release.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
£24 for a digital only game? Yeah get bent Capcom.

Guess I am waiting till the game goes on sale. :(

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to playing the demo last night, and I dunno. It seems like Megaman experiences ridiculously long hitstun when he gets hit. And if it's in the middle of a jump, he just drops like a rock. I died so many times because of this.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
OT fail. The character's name in the West in Mega Man, not Megaman. Capcom's never referred to him as Megaman in any official material ever. One case of the space being missing in the opening cutscene of a space-constricted NES game doesn't supersede literally every other official reference to the character ever made. And it's not "LOL, just personal preference here" either. If you're making the OT for a new game, especially a major series revival like this, get the freaking main character's name right.

I can't make an OT for a new Legend of Zelda game and refer to the hero as LUCAS throughout the whole thing because that's how I've labeled my save files in past games in that series. "It's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and here's the famous main character LUCAS! Sure looks different than the LUCAS from the last game, doesn't he? He doesn't have the green hat any more!"

I don't think you could be more pedantic if you tried.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I preloaded on Switch and am ready to go! Sorry if it's been asked but does anyone know if it will be available at midnight?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Sucks PC never got a demo. I'm going in cold having last played it at E3.
So the difficulties are still Very Easy, Easy, Hard, and Very Hard?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the Megaman Mega Man etc. debate is still raging on. This takes me back to my merch collection days...

I'm in for the PS4 Pix n Love edition, Switch physical edition, Switch digital (probably) the guide book and I can see me tracking down that E Capcom physical release maybe. Yeah, I really love collecting Mega Man. Almost as much as playing the series. And going by the demo I won't be disappointed. Trophy list looks good as well, I'll be aiming to plat that.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Can't wait ^.^ Gonna be so tempted to double dip if I can get physical Switch copy somehow in UK, PC it is for now in any case. Finally finished 7 this past year so I'm all done on 1-10 omn time! If they ever do X9 Though I've got to catch up on X2-8...

Can I steal "LUCAS!" (w/!) for a future Zelda playthrough

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Weird how I can't pre-order this on the US PSN store.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
OT fail. The character's name in the West is Mega Man, not Megaman. Capcom's never referred to him as Megaman in any official material ever. One case of the space being missing in the opening cutscene of a space-constricted NES game doesn't supersede literally every other official reference to the character ever made. And it's not "LOL, just personal preference here" either. If you're making the OT for a new game, especially a major series revival like this, get the freaking main character's name right.

Take it down a notch. Good lord.

£24 for a digital only game? Yeah get bent Capcom.

Guess I am waiting till the game goes on sale. :(
It is definitely not an unreasonable price.

Anyway, I have a long day of dumb shit ahead of me so playing this tomorrow will be a good time. Looking forward to it.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I tried the demo and I'm feeling nothing for this game. Was a big fan of 9 and 10. This feels empty, in a way I can't quite put my finger on.

I'll wait for a sale I guess.

Please please please please be better than the bad demo.

I've been waiting 8 years for this. Pleaaaaasssseee

Not sure how it could be that much different. The game was most likely finished when they made the demo.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Given that I had an extended time away from console gaming after the Super NES, which wouldn't really come to an end until the late DS / Wii generation... it just dawned on me that this is the first launch for a classic series Mega Man game I've experienced first-hand since Mega Man 7. Holy fuck.

Super glad to see my very first favorite game series coming back with a bang. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Let's take it down a notch friendo. It's a space in the written form of a characters name.

Sorry for my overreaction! I was made briefly irrationally angry by the lack of the space in the name. Mega Man is a beautiful blue boy and I feel a Mama Bear-like instinct to protect him. I've edited the original post to remove my rant.

To make amends, I'll have some fun Mega Man 11 OST videos to share here starting soon. The review/video coverage embargo lifts at 8:00 Pacific/11:00 Eastern, less than an hour from now.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Sorry for my overreaction! I was made briefly irrationally angry by the lack of the space in the name. Mega Man is a beautiful blue boy and I feel a Mama Bear-like instinct to protect him.

To make amends, I'll have some fun Mega Man 11 OST videos to share here starting soon. The embargo lifts at 8:00 Pacific/11:00 Eastern, less than an hour from now.

I appreciate the passion :)