• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Great.

I'm definitely expecting mixed reviews on this due to it being so faithful to the original, but also expecting to enjoy it, the new art and unexpectedly smooth frame rate.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Great.

I'm definitely expecting mixed reviews on this due to it being so faithful to the original, but also expecting to enjoy it, the new art and unexpectedly smooth frame rate.
Other Ocean did mention there are QOL changes so it isn't completely the same but I agree with this it'll be mixed. I don't mind because I love the gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This was one of the first games of mine I hacked onto my psclassic. It's part of that amazing first string of playstation winners that really made the system standout, at least in my eyes.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Absolutely love the steelbook for this.
WVcHjA9.jpg

There's no such thing as a good Steelbook with no title on the spine.

Looks like this only has a RRP of $40 in Australia. Nice.

Nov 23, 2017
Can you put the price in the op so people stop coming to troll and say it's doa, at it's price point I think it is looking amazing.

Also can we realize that Activision taking a gamble that paid off with demand elasticity on their pricing doesn't mean Nintendo, sony, or anyone making remakes should or could price things in that manner

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im not that big a fan of the Medievil games in general, but I'm tempted to give this a try eventually

the Spyro and Crash remakes got me in the mood

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
I've been looking for something lighthearted to play for Halloween, and I think I found it!

Never played the original, so I'm pretty excited

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This is going to be a really special Halloween playing this game! I have wanted a remake for too long, so happy its just a month away!

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I was excited since it was first revealed.

I was impressed by the amount of haters these videogames have though. I always thought it was just another PS classic like Crash or Spyro, because in my personal experience, it was, and so I assumed that was the case with everybody else lol

Then for the longest time I thought the whole remake had been scrapped since they didn't say anything about it after that initial reveal. I literally kept googling for months (or what at least felt like months) and no news, no forum was talking about it, no youtuber, nothing.

There were like two random articles reporting the first reveal, and they were full of comments of people showing their despise for the series, including the new footage.

But lately I've started to see more people picking up on it. Very strange way Sony has managed this release though.

Also I wish it came out earlier so I could play it for most of October to feel that Halloween spirit. It'll come out just a few days before that day, and just a couple of weeks later Pokémon SwSh comes out and that'll take all my time.

I don't buy many games, but I hate that all the games I want come out at the same time or too close to each other. I spend most of the year just waiting and waiting. It was the same last year with Pokémon Let's Go and Spyro.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

I was impressed by the amount of haters these videogames have though. I always thought it was just another PS classic like Crash or Spyro, because in my personal experience, it was, and so I assumed that was the case with everybody else lol

Then for the longest time I thought the whole remake had been scrapped since they didn't say anything about it after that initial reveal. I literally kept googling for months (or what at least felt like months) and no news, no forum was talking about it, no youtuber, nothing.

There were like two random articles reporting the first reveal, and they were full of comments of people showing their despise for the series, including the new footage.

But lately I've started to see more people picking up on it. Very strange way Sony has managed this release though.

Also I wish it came out earlier so I could play it for most of October to feel that Halloween spirit. It'll come out just a few days before that day, and just a couple of weeks later Pokémon SwSh comes out and that'll take all my time.

I don't buy many games, but I hate that all the games I want come out at the same time or too close to each other. I spend most of the year just waiting and waiting. It was the same last year with Pokémon Let's Go and Spyro.
Hmmm I think it is another classic. It has haters because it's a forum. Before Crash came out this place had tons of people saying no one wants him back and they were never good in the first place.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've waited almost 2 decades for this. Day 1. I have preordered the digital version and the physical edition with the steelbook. Let's go!

One of many BAFTA Awards Sony won, thanks to MediEvil. MediEvil is finally back! ;)

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Hmmm I think it is another classic. It has haters because it's a forum. Before Crash came out this place had tons of people saying no one wants him back and they were never good in the first place.

Oh no, but I was talking about the internet in general, outside of resetera. There was this random news site reporting about the initial reveal of MediEvil remake (and that random site was one of the only two or three that talked about it) and the comments section had only people talking shit about the old games, and how awful the remake looked (in the first trailer).

And there's been other places where I've seen a lot of people complain about the games in general, so much more than people that actually liked them.

Nov 23, 2017

Part of the reason is I think people think this is a 59.99, Sony Worldwide Studios flagship release. It's anything but..

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Part of the reason is I think people think this is a 59.99, Sony Worldwide Studios flagship release. It's anything but..

I'm just glad to finally see some love and to know that there's more people that are actually excited for it, and it's not just me lol

I think a huge part of why Crash and Spyro were revived was thanks to the fanbase, and that's something at least till today, I haven't seen yet for MediEvil. But hopefully it'll all change now.

Now that the remakes are complete, though I'm still waiting for Crash Bash, another game that I don't understand why people hate so much, and ME2, I'm looking forward to new games for these 3 franchises, but that somehow follow the lines of the classic games. For example I loved that new level they did for Crash 3 or the new tracks they've done for the CTR Grand Prix.

I hope they expand the MediEvil and Spyro universes in this way as well.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I'm just glad to finally see some love and to know that there's more people that are actually excited for it, and it's not just me lol

I think a huge part of why Crash and Spyro were revived was thanks to the fanbase, and that's something at least till today, I haven't seen yet for MediEvil. But hopefully it'll all change now.

Now that the remakes are complete, though I'm still waiting for Crash Bash, another game that I don't understand why people hate so much, and ME2, I'm looking forward to new games for these 3 franchises, but that somehow follow the lines of the classic games. For example I loved that new level they did for Crash 3 or the new tracks they've done for the CTR Grand Prix.

I hope they expand the MediEvil and Spyro universes in this way as well.
I think a lot of people are excited, it's also the perfect Halloween game!

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I don't think anyone should concern themselves with review scores for this one if they are excited to play MediEvil again.As long as it's technically in a good state reviews will be pretty irrelevant,it's going to get 6/10's because it's a faithful remake of the original.
I'm looking forward to it,it will be a nice dose of nostalgia and for only £25 too.I only hope it can retain the great atmophere of the original,from what I've seen it's looking pretty good.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Super excited for this. This and CTR in the same year is fantastic.

I always preferred the sequel, but I think polish is literally the main thing that the original was lacking, so this should be great. MediEvil 2 still holds up fairly well for a PS1 game, but I struggle to play the original these days.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Played the original demo to death, and eventually got the game but never finished. This remake certainly went from "ehhh" to "oh baby oh baby" across all the previews

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I'm more hyped for this than I would have thought. The original was so good. Liked the short demo but the camera though...