• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, game is on my radar now!

Looking like a really good remaster. I wasn't expecting it to look that good.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's pretty amusing to see the Review thread more active than this one.

I didn't expect the game to get amazing reviews as the original title wasn't all that amazing. The demo was great, it's just like how I remember playing it back in 1998 just with a fresh coat of paint.

I never finished it back then, so I'm happy to get to enjoy it again.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
It's about what I expected with reviews. Still, i'm looking forward to it and at that price it should be enjoyable a lot to me.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The original artist (and Dan voice actor I believe) from MediEvil, Jason Wilson, is making the companion comic. I really love his artstyle

234752_1350341_1.jpg

ECGaDisWsAEmoqe.jpg

ECGaDiqWkAUzoQ0.jpg:large

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
The reviews are exactly what I was expecting! And as a massive fan of the original I cannot wait! 1 more day!!

Zarlant

Oct 23, 2019
This game was a big part of my childhood, it's so charming. Can't wait to get stuck into it soon! I have it pre-ordered. Recommend it to anyone who likes quirky British humour.

Just wondering, are most people who are excited about this from Europe? I'm British, and apparently this game was a lot more popular over here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This game was a big part of my childhood, it's so charming. Can't wait to get stuck into it soon! I have it pre-ordered. Recommend it to anyone who likes quirky British humour.

Just wondering, are most people who are excited about this from Europe? I'm British, and apparently this game was a lot more popular over here.

I'd say so.
PS1 was way bigger than N64 here (hell, Pokémon Red and Blue was the earliest I remember people paying attention to Nintendo in all honesty) compared to in America, and MediEvil had a big push when it came to marketing.

Zarlant

Oct 23, 2019
I'd say so.
PS1 was way bigger than N64 here (hell, Pokémon Red and Blue was the earliest I remember people paying attention to Nintendo in all honesty) compared to in America, and MediEvil had a big push when it came to marketing.

Ah, good to know. Now that you say, I do remember Official Playstation Magazine (UK) running Medievil ads, and coming with a demo of Medievil 2. In my mind, at the time it was equal to Spyro in terms of popularity, though in retrospect I don't think I talked to anyone about Medievil outside my family.

I do love the first Spyro game but think Medievil's quirkiness and dark humour is appealing in a very different way. I kind of get the feeling that people who like Oddworld (which is another of my all-time favourite series, since childhood) would like Medievil. As well as other quirky, 'weird' games like Doug TenNapel's Earthworm Jim, The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys.

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! ;D Yep, it's so awesome to see Sir Dan again :)

Big shout out to @SaveMediEvil, @MediEvil_World, etc. We annoyed SIE for years. Actually I did it for over a decade :P
And now here he finally is. Sir Dan on the PS4! <3
Hopefully he returns for another series of games.

I hope this game does really well that a Medievil 3 gets made and we get a fresh new adventure for Sir Dan. I really love this franchise.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he returns for another series of games.

I hope this game does really well that a Medievil 3 gets made and we get a fresh new adventure for Sir Dan. I really love this franchise.
First, I want a MediEvil 2 remake. But yeah, they can start with MediEvil 3, too :P Too bad Cambridge Studio isn't alive anymore. So I guess the chances for a brandnew MediEvil game aren't high :/

Oct 27, 2017
First, I want a MediEvil 2 remake. But yeah, they can start with MediEvil 3, too :P Too bad Cambridge Studio isn't alive anymore. So I guess the chances for a brandnew MediEvil game aren't high :/
Agreed.

A remake of the second game while we wait for the third would be the most ideal.

I really hope this remake turns things around and makes the series relevant again. There is tons of untapped gold still laying around in this series.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

A remake of the second game while we wait for the third would be the most ideal.

I really hope this remake turns things around and makes the series relevant again. There is tons of untapped gold still laying around in this series.
Let's hope so. All MediEvil fans need to buy this game ;)

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
I loved this game. I'm gonna have to play this on my pro. Is it 1440p at least ? Performance good?

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss! Sir Dan is back everybody! I can't believe I'll be playing this later today.

Nice OT! Also, good to see the positivity here, among all the weird hate for MediEvil I frequently stumble upon across Era.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon only shipped it yesterday and since its a Bank Holiday I won't get it until Tuesday. :(

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, according to the companion comic written by the original creators,
we're playing as the same Sir Dan from the original PS1 games.

Last edited:

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy yesterday and played for a few levels.

Really loving it but i'm aware that it's an old game with a new coat of paint.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro and the graphics are nice, the loading times (i use a ssd) are on the shorter side but the fps can tank in some places. You return to one of the early levels and there's a greenish fog that just eats fps for breakfast. But outside of that i would say the fps are ok. Not smooth or locked but also not destroying my vibe.

After playing it a bit i must say i would really love a fresh take on this univers with a better combat system. I love the characters, the music, the artstyle, the map but the fighting is archaic.

7/10 sounds and feels (so far) spot on.

P.s. I love the "british" humor. I lost it when i saw the stubble on the fai...

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only up to just after the scarecrow field level. On pro, that had the FPS tanking hard, but other than that, as a first timer, I'm enjoying it a lot :)

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
so i may have just beaten the game

So i think they added a new collectible that you need to get in order the get the good ending cause i got all the Chalices but i didn't get the good ending, i opened a chest in the The Entrance Hall that freed a bunch of spirits and i found on the the The Time Device so i'm not really sure what the deal is

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
So, I don't want to spoil it, but people know about the final unlockable, right?

Because it's freaking cool. I'm tempted to make a thread about it because it might sell some people on the game.

Zarlant

Oct 23, 2019
So, I don't want to spoil it, but people know about the final unlockable, right?

Because it's freaking cool. I'm tempted to make a thread about it because it might sell some people on the game.

Yep, I know! Making a thread for it sounds like a good idea, it's a very cool addition and will definitely extend my playtime! But yeah, perhaps put in the title of the thread *Spoiler* Medievil PS4 Remaster's Final Unlockable or something.

I'm jealous of everyone who's playing this right now, I'm at work and have seen this has been delivered and is waiting for me at home...

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I started this morning and it's as enjoyable (and simple) as I remembered. It's hard to imagine a more faithful adaptation, for better or worse.

Unsure about resolution on Pro (1440/1800p? It doesn't look clean enough to be a native 4K). Framerate however doesn't slow down anymore, contrary to what happened in the demo.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Played until I completed the Sleeping Village, it's good stuff and exactly what I expected from this game. Loving it! It'll probably be a game I beat quickly but I might do a second run through with the helmet.