• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
"Sir, it's going to take a year and..."

"You have two months..."

Dude has watched too many movies.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that he's said it just means that both Fox and 30 million Americans now believe a vaccine is coming in two months doesn't it?

I still don't understand how a country that put a guy on the moon and relies on the Internet has such a complete distrust and contempt for science and technology experts.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
The fact that he's said it just means that both Fox and 30 million Americans now believe a vaccine is coming in two months doesn't it?

I still don't understand how a country that put a guy on the moon and relies on the Internet has such a complete distrust and contempt for science and technology experts.
It's what happens when a political party turns into a literal cult.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly... This isn't that out of the ordinary for what you'd expect a politician to ask? A lot of people don't understand how vaccines actually work.

Like Trump's a fucking idiot, but at least here he's talking with people who can actually correct his bullshit and he isn't constantly shouting them down for once.

This is a guy who built his campaign on an anti-science platform and has followed through with it on policy alongside a history of contradicting information about disasters over and over again. Letting those people speak doesn't actually mean he's listening to them and it certainly doesn't mean that he won't then contradict or ignore the information they've given him in the next days. Hell if Trump was interested in taking this epidemic seriously he wouldn't have let Pence anywhere near it to start with; an act that doesn't inspire me to say that he's genuinely ready to listen to and act on facts. You say Trump's an idiot but forget the other side of that statement: that he's an idiot with a massive ego and zero empathy who frequently ignores, minimizes, or denies any information inconvenient for him and his bullshit fragile ego and hollow persona.

Last edited:

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
His supporters are still buying Iraqi Dinars thinking Trump is going to make them the same value as a dollar because of an off hand comment he said. When he says things, they listen, and they act. He could turn this from an outbreak into a plague by calling it a hoax.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Hell if Trump was interested in taking this epidemic seriously he wouldn't have let Pence anywhere near it to start with; an act that doesn't inspire me to say that he's genuinely ready to listen to and act on facts.

We might start to see the White House taking it more seriously if the rich and powerful, especially Trump's friends, start getting affected. Once someone speed dials him screaming about how a family member like a wife, or elderly parent has been diagnosed, because the hired help showed up at work sick, because they "couldn't afford to lose this job," then Trump might suddenly do a 180 and claim he's personally going to put a stop to it.

Then fire all the medical staff that tell him he can't actually do that.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly... This isn't that out of the ordinary for what you'd expect a politician to ask? A lot of people don't understand how vaccines actually work.

Like Trump's a fucking idiot, but at least here he's talking with people who can actually correct his bullshit and he isn't constantly shouting them down for once.

Yes, it is out of the ordinary for the President of the United States to lack a basic understanding on how vaccines work. At this point, he should have been briefed several times over and at least gotten the gist of it. Also, he's an anti-vaxxer.

Very out of the ordinary.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Look at how he tries to play everyone against each other, like one of those CEOs who pits different divisions against other to win favor.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Wait until tomorrow.

Also, "I think he's got it now" is not a comforting phrase to hear when talking about the goddamned president. This is something you'd say about a child learning to use the potty.
Nor when you're taking about the solution to a potential epidemic. The conversation at the moment should be about next steps but instead it's about scientists being unsure about if they educated the leader of the country well enough on an issue he should have been on top of when it became world news weeks ago.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Well... at least he doesn't seem to be an anti-vaxxer, so... could be worse?
He's always been a moderate anti-vaxxer. He doesn't claim that they're useless poison constructed by Big Pharma for nefarious purposes, but he does believe that the current infant vaccination schedule causes autism and the vaccines should be more spread out rather than given all at once.

Because ultimately he thinks his Common Sense(tm) is better than medical experts' thoroughly researched conclusions.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
HDIAD4h.png
Not that this isn't funny but this fucking timeline with trump and memes is a fucking disaster

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Most people understand that the flu vaccine is for the flu.

They don't understand that there are a whole bunch of different strains of the flu and that's the reason they have to keep taking the flu vaccine.

But they understand that the flu vaccine isn't, say, the SARS vaccine, for example.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
He's always been a moderate anti-vaxxer. He doesn't claim that they're useless poison constructed by Big Pharma for nefarious purposes, but he does believe that the current infant vaccination schedule causes autism and the vaccines should be more spread out rather than given all at once.

Because ultimately he thinks his Common Sense(tm) is better than medical experts' thoroughly researched conclusions.
It's annoying to see his both sides playing working on some people. He gets to basically endorse anti-vax rhetoric as valid but since he isn't outspoken about it you get people who say "well at least he's not an anti-vaxxer." Like you said, he pretty much is anti-vax, but like a lot of his other regressive ideals, he doesn't constantly stump it and just grants free reign, platforms & influential power to those who are more than willing to do the shilling of those ideals themselves/draft policy he can rubber stamp

Last edited:

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's telling that it took the most idiotic president we've ever "elected" to make the best nominee we've ever had a realistic choice.

This election is going to be the litmus test for American morals. Cross your fingers.

Oct 31, 2017
Not that this isn't funny but this fucking timeline with trump and memes is a fucking disaster
It's not really funny. I came back to Facebook after 2 years of deactivation, primarily as a clarion call to people who may have the tiniest bit of respect for me/heed my words, and literally all people post is fucking brain-dead memes/drivel. It's fucking sad. It probably says more about the people I have as "friends" on Facebook, but I have to imagine it's pretty commonplace regardless.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
that must be frustrating. trying to explain how the vaccine process will work and this idiot not understanding a word except for "two months"

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Didn't he understand in the original video that it will take 12+ months to create the vaccine, and just said he thought that he liked the sound of 2 months better?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Going forward it's sad to think that, because of Trump and people's inability to admit they were wrong, huge chunks of voting America will now insist that it's fine for the President to be a moron. As long as he's Republican. If he's a Democrat that's grounds for lynching.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Trump is an idiot but damn, a year to a year and a half before we have a vaccine? So we're probably going to go through this twice then huh?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually shocked he even suggested a vaccine at all! He's such a colossal idiot I was sure he was anti-vax.

mrpoopy

Oct 27, 2017
When someone crosses their arms, it usually means that they're closed for arguments. By crossing the arms, a barrier is put in front of the body, as some sort of protection. Putting an object in front of you may be the same signal. Another reason for crossing arms may be that you're feeling vulnerable or insecure.

Pouting is when we are having an internal pity party because we haven't gotten what we wanted, things haven't gone the way we'd hoped they might, we heard something we didn't want to hear or disagree with, or we have to work on something when we would rather be doing something else. So we pout.

In other words he would like to force his stupid ideas on people more intelligent than him and he would prefer to be golfing right now.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why not have Jared Kushner develop a vaccine?

He solved the Middle East Palestinian/Israeli conflict after reading some books. Just give him some books on pathogens. He should have this all pounded out by Easter.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

When someone doesn't understand a simple statement like, "It's going to take more than a year", I highly doubt he's changed his stance on anything. Tomorrow he's going to have an interview where he does the usual, "some people say a year, but many others say in a month".

When someone crosses their arms, it usually means that they're closed for arguments. By crossing the arms, a barrier is put in front of the body, as some sort of protection. Putting an object in front of you may be the same signal. Another reason for crossing arms may be that you're feeling vulnerable or insecure.
Also this. He made up his mind long ago and nothing is going to change it.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Ugggh. Someone end this nightmare already. The audacity of all our institutions just accepting this bullshit.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could Drumpf convince anti-vaxxers to vaccinate themselves?
Aren't they mostly liberals?
Durrrrrrr. This guy is a simpleton. I honestly bet he's never read a book. Like ever in his life.

Edit: this is the ad on this page for me under the text box. I typed in coronavirus earlier when I was reading about Seattle. So cookies is working apparently

3333333333_1024x1024.jpg
You're also in a thread about coronavirus
Look, I fucking hate Trump, but in those video he looks like what most of the people around me look like when I talk to them about how vaccines are made and how they work.

The problem, of course, is that something just snaps in Trump's brain when he is standing in front of a podium and starts spewing nonsense that others have told him are incorrect. And the bigger problem is that his base keeps buying the bullshit he keeps selling.
He should have asked all of these dumb questions in private, weeks ago, so he doesn't look like an ignorant buffoon on live TV and has a working knowledge of the fucking pandemic that's currently putting his citizens in danger!