• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all,

So as you've seen, the UK has decided 5 more years of the current hell is what we all want more of.

I cant stick around for much more of this.

My question is, what's my route out of here?

I'm currently a third year medical student, with two more years.until I graduate.

What steps should I be taking to make it possible.for.me to practice.medicine in another country after graduating?

I love the NHS with all my heart. I can't stick around while its cut up and sold to US firms.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I have no useful advice but you have my sympathy and understanding. Good luck.

OP
OP
Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I have no useful advice but you have my sympathy and understanding. Good luck.
I'm just shocked at the lack of empathy in this country.

Grenfell is a testament to the failure of the current establishment and people cant get over their dislike of foreigners enough to realise we need change.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

So as you've seen, the UK has decided 5 more years of the current hell is what we all want more of.

I cant stick around for much more of this.

My question is, what's my route out of here?

I'm currently a third year medical student, with two more years.until I graduate.

What steps should I be taking to make it possible.for.me to practice.medicine in another country after graduating?

I love the NHS with all my heart. I can't stick around while its cut up and sold to US firms.
You looking to go to America?
Who knows how long king shitbag is going to be in power

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Trace your family tree for ancestry in a country with nationalised healthcare.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My advice is to try and see if Canadian Residency is a possibility. Im a second year medical student in the US, and a few of my friends are considering training here and working in Canada.

DocTarHeel

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about other countries but you can apply to US residencies as an international medical graduate.

OP
OP
Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
No point staying in the UK if they're going to gut the NHS, which is a major reason for not working abroad.
This is where I'm at. I've had conversations with a doctor who returned from working did the Saudi royal family because he wanted to work for the NHS.

I'd say Australia but they have their conservative cunt problem too.

Australia is where I'm thinking, I'm keeping an eye on the political climate over there. It would be great for me personally, a whole fresh start.

In terms of family, Canada would probably be best. Easier integration too as there are prominent punjabi communities about.

OP
OP
Ocarina_117

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
My advice is to try and see if Canadian Residency is a possibility. Im a second year medical student in the US, and a few of my friends are considering training here and working in Canada.
Cheers, I'll read into this.

I'm aware of medical schools through London arranging talks for students who want to head abroad after graduating.

They'll most likely be a lot more popular after the new year.

DocTarHeel

Oct 25, 2017

I'm definitely not advocating anything, but a sizable amount of folks do this to avoid paying back huge amounts of student loans. Of course if you employee this strategy, you'd never be able to move back to the US.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
This is where I'm at. I've had conversations with a doctor who returned from working did the Saudi royal family because he wanted to work for the NHS.

Australia is where I'm thinking, I'm keeping an eye on the political climate over there. It would be great for me personally, a whole fresh start.

In terms of family, Canada would probably be best. Easier integration too as there are prominent punjabi communities about.
As an Australian, just write us off. At least for the next decade, especially if you're not white because Australia is just as, if not more racist than the UK. Canada or New Zealand would be my pick personally.