• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
It's uhh, definitely not if they don't have a firm date with three weeks left in the year.

Just delay this to Spring instead of working over Christmas to rush out a limited closed beta on December 31st...

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they wanna do it during the holidays. Seems like it would be crappy for the staff though

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
how long will the beta last? i swear if it'll only be up for 2 weeks i will be furious. we didn't wait this long only to be able to play it in 2 weeks - a lot of us also have full-time jobs.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
the way they've handled this beta has been very disappointing. for more than a year all they kept on saying was beta 2018...that was since last year, I think. of course people are always gonna ask because they don't even give us any window. had they said December 2018 or something then that would have been the end of that and we would not have been asking and anticipating for so many times throughout a year...there are 2 weeks left and all they ever have said up to this point is what they have been saying since 2017.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I gonna guess they are gonna announce the beta date on Christmas eve. Play the beta Christmas. That would be Media Molecules Christmas gift to us all.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
the way they've handled this beta has been very disappointing. for more than a year all they kept on saying was beta 2018...that was since last year, I think. of course people are always gonna ask because they don't even give us any window. had they said December 2018 or something then that would have been the end of that and we would not have been asking and anticipating for so many times throughout a year...there are 2 weeks left and all they ever have said up to this point is what they have been saying since 2017.
Almost as if they meant 2018. They don't owe anyone a beta when they expect one. If they make 2018, then they're on course.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should tell them there are only 3 weeks left in the year, and that includes the week between Christmas and New Year's eve :)

This being said, can't wait for it!

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Almost as if they meant 2018. They don't owe anyone a beta when they expect one. If they make 2018, then they're on course.

is it so hard to give a window instead of saying coming- 2018 all throughout the whole year? we are 2 weeks away from 2019, and people have spent the past 11 months asking MM and all we ever got was - "it's coming".

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Gravity Rush 2's demo was announced as late as December 21st a couple of years back and released the next day, I still believe.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I've been playing the beta almost every night for the past 24 years or so. Feels like I can spend 7 hours on it and it goes by like nothing. I just wish I knew how to control everything a little better.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine they'd be saying this if it wasn't coming this year but... there's not much time left. I need them to drop it like right now.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
is it so hard to give a window instead of saying coming- 2018 all throughout the whole year? we are 2 weeks away from 2019, and people have spent the past 11 months asking MM and all we ever got was - "it's coming".
If they give a window and don't meet it the whole ugly internet riots. They gave a window of 2018 so let's see if they make it.

Patience solves this problem. Why ask all year?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Only last week, people were saying Ashen and Below wouldn't release in 2018. There's still a chance for a stealth release just in time for us all to have a play around with on Boxing Day.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
To clarify, the tweet was most likely posted by Tom Dent, the community manager, who is just re-iterating what he's allowed to say currently. He's active in the discord most days as well.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. Well, hoping it's true - super excited to see what kinds of crazy shit people will create in Dreams!

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
I'm betting on E3......oh right I think they all be off work for Xmas soon

In the pass they give beta to fans first from LBPC and the like

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They really need to stop promising this. I get that the game is a really ambitious and challenging project, but the beta's been coming since 2015 and it's still clearly not close.

Oct 27, 2017
how long will the beta last? i swear if it'll only be up for 2 weeks i will be furious. we didn't wait this long only to be able to play it in 2 weeks - a lot of us also have full-time jobs.
Furious to be able to play a work in progress game for free? A beta is a beta. They can do it for 1 weekend if they want. Wait for the full game otherwise