• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno why it really matters. If the tweets aren't going to be treated seriously and the tweeter doesn't want them posted here then it seems pretty mutual that there is no point posting them here? Shrug.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Can we maybe just stop posting his tweets as he has asked?
If there's any bullshit info then just point it out on twitter.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
A Monster Hunter Expansion is literally announced today and yall are complaining that its being discussed? Sorry but you're going to have to get the fuck over it. Its entirely on topic and relevant.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Will MH:I be solely an expansion DLC or will be playable standalone retail releases similar to G ones?

Also, is there a known reason why Famitsu doesn't have KETSUI Deathiny (PS4) on its the top30?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Will MH:I be solely an expansion DLC or will be playable standalone retail releases similar to G ones?

Also, is there a known reason why Famitsu doesn't have KETSUI Deathiny (PS4) on its the top30?
When it was announced they said the base game is required. There will probably be a retail bundle though.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
A Monster Hunter Expansion is literally announced today and yall are complaining that its being discussed? Sorry but you're going to have to get the fuck over it. Its entirely on topic and relevant.
We are not even talking about the game DLc but is the now same old discussion of capcom bringing or not MH on Switch when nothing habe changed on capcom end from the past year.

Basically they simple dont care enough to support switch and would happily sacrifice home market to expand overseas.
MH is not gonna get ported and non any other future big capcom game cause as far as we know they are still unwillingly/ uncapable to optimize RE engine to work on Switch

Jan 1, 2018
I know this is off-topic to the thread, but how do I dispute warnings? Apparently, posting a tweet where someone said to not have their tweets posted here in response to others posting his tweets is "Gratuitously shaming a banned member. "

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I know this is off-topic to the thread, but how do I dispute warnings? Apparently, posting a tweet where someone said to not have their tweets posted here in response to others posting his tweets is "Gratuitously shaming a banned member. "
Is not worthy, just ride with it, as long as yoy dont pile em up warnings are inconsecuential

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pm the mod that warned you, and tell him/her your real reason of your post.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, Smash Bros is back on Yodobashi Camera website and it shows fully availability in all stores.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
We are not even talking about the game DLc but is the now same old discussion of capcom bringing or not MH on Switch when nothing habe changed on capcom end from the past year.

Basically they simple dont care enough to support switch and would happily sacrifice home market to expand overseas.
MH is not gonna get ported and non any other future big capcom game cause as far as we know they are still unwillingly/ uncapable to optimize RE engine to work on Switch

The home market has not been sacrificed though.
MHW has sold near 3 million in JP alone. JP + Asia shipments are at 4 million.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
The home market has not been sacrificed though.
MHW has sold near 3 million in JP alone. JP + Asia shipments are at 4 million.
Going by the legs next to other games iirc, ill still stand that the game sold more due to novelty value, something that is hard to repeat ok future entries

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
From the moment it's DLC that requires the original game a potential retail release that includes both will have very limited impact. You can find Monster Hunter World new at very low prices.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Let's get this thread back on track please.

We're not interested in twitter drama.

Thanks.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
So it looks like the biggest launch of the year will be a ps4 game. Personally can't say I ever expected to see that. I don't think anyone did tbh.

Oct 25, 2017

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
01./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World # <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.01.26} (¥8.980) - 1.245.169 / NEW <92,07%>
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥8.980) - 950.315 / NEW <83,61%>
01./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 690.471 / NEW <64,63%>

MHW's launch on PS4 was unprecidented actually, I know that very few people expected it to do as well as it did. For example DQXI only managed about 1.36M in 2017 - MHW nearly matched that in it's launch week. As a whole with digital making a much larger share compared to other top selling games on the PS4, for example FFXV barely sold it's first shipment while DQXI probably just about sold it's first shipment - MHW did as well as a game could do on the PS4.
I still expect Smash to come out on top, but that shouldn't take away from the amazing success MHW achieved - personally I expected it to do like Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, yet it ended up doing a lot better despite PS4's small userbase compared to the 3DS. I guess the only underwhelming area were the long term hardware sales on the PS4, which didn't get a boost the way Splatoon helped the Wii U baseline in its final years for example.

Anyhow how about we discuss a prediction made by someone with a bit more pedegree:

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Going by the legs next to other games iirc, ill still stand that the game sold more due to novelty value, something that is hard to repeat ok future entries

Doesn't make sense if the LTD is already very high: 3 million. MHW Iceborne is going to do very well. MHW has great legs globally.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
01./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World # <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.01.26} (¥8.980) - 1.245.169 / NEW <92,07%>
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥8.980) - 950.315 / NEW <83,61%>
01./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 690.471 / NEW <64,63%>

MHW's launch on PS4 was unprecidented actually, I know that very few people expected it to do as well as it did. For example DQXI only managed about 1.36M in 2017 - MHW nearly matched that in it's launch week. As a whole with digital making a much larger share compared to other top selling games on the PS4, for example FFXV barely sold it's first shipment while DQXI probably just about sold it's first shipment - MHW did as well as a game could do on the PS4.
I still expect Smash to come out on top, but that shouldn't take away from the amazing success MHW achieved - personally I expected it to do like Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, yet it ended up doing a lot better despite PS4's small userbase compared to the 3DS. I guess the only underwhelming area were the long term hardware sales on the PS4, which didn't get a boost the way Splatoon helped the Wii U baseline in its final years for example.

Anyhow how about we discuss a prediction made by someone with a bit more pedegree:

With DQXI there was the 3DS version, so I'm sure that's an apt comparison. MHW obviously did better than anyone expected though.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
So it looks like the biggest launch of the year will be a ps4 game. Personally can't say I ever expected to see that. I don't think anyone did tbh.
Most people didn't predict MHW to do as well as previous entries due to being on a low/mediocre selling home console instead of hot portables, and it was the first ever PS4 game to sell a million at launch so broke that precedent too.

But it was still the first main entry since 2014, and the first ever true generational leap, in easily Japan's biggest gaming brand of the last decade.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Does it matter whether the best 2018 FW is MHW or SSBU? Both sold really well and the latter even broke the record of the best launch for a Nintendo game outside Pokémon.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With DQXI there was the 3DS version, so I'm sure that's an apt comparison. MHW obviously did better than anyone expected though.

Those are the top 3 selling PS4 games, what exactly do you want me to compare MHW to? 3DS version doesn't matter since we are talking just PS4 games. Specifically MHW's performance is unprecidented and likely never repeated on the platform.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Those are the top 3 selling PS4 games, what exactly do you want me to compare MHW to? 3DS version doesn't matter since we are talking just PS4 games. Specifically MHW's performance is unprecidented and likely never repeated on the platform.
I'm saying that the existence of the 3DS version likely impacted the PS4 version. I agree with you on MHW's performance.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We should get an idea about Smash digital sales for December around the end of January - hopefully they continue to break things down by region.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation 4 has an internal storage of 500go, Swich has 32go. And Monster Hunter World was notably sold out.
I think the portability of Switch would make it more convenient to have digitally so can see benefits of both. I wouldn't have thought there would be a huge difference in digital/physical splits.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I think the portability of Switch would make it more convenient to have digitally so can see benefits of both. I wouldn't have thought there would be a huge difference in digital/physical splits.

Rather than technical reasons (which do play a part) PS4 games have usually a notably higher digital ratio than Switch games.
MHW was also sold out for a few days at least and it doesn't look like Smash Bros is heading to that scenario.

I'd be very surprised if Smash doesn't outsell MHW by the end of March.

I don't think it's that much of a debate at retail (~2M), now with digital (~3M) it would be much harder for Smash but we'll see.