• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

konoka

Dec 20, 2017
Battlefield V Deluxe Edition including early access was digital only in Japan.
Anthem Vip Demo was available only for digital version buyers in Japan.
I think these 2 titles have not bombed and actually did good.
Additionally, Apex Legends is big and 20% of active users is from Japanese PS4 version.

Oct 25, 2017
Yokai Watch is getting a 4++ version in December.
Thought they'd do it, but felt a bit weird for a full price game.

game came out like 3 months ago, that's not great.
But probably smart business wise

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yokai Watch is getting a 4++ version in December.
Thought they'd do it, but felt a bit weird for a full price game.

game came out like 3 months ago, that's not great.
But probably smart business wise
That's what they normally do. Release a game in the summer and then release either an expansion or new version in December when the next movie releases.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Crazy week for software.

World War Z and Code Vein both show "In Stock on October 5/6" messages on Amazon.

FIFA 2020 PS4 shows "in stock in 1-2 weeks" on Amazon.

Ryza PS4 and Ys IX show "in stock in 1-2 months" on Amazon.

Pretty nuts that all these games releasing the same week are all having issues with stock on Amazon. Switch Ryza, DQXIS, and Link's Awakening remake are all also having issues with stock on Amazon.

I went and checked the regular NSW SKU of Ryza since you didn't bother and it seems like it will be in stock the 24 October.
Meanwhile all the PS4 SKU are fully available

All others games also seems to be in stock for the most part (Ys IX, Fifa 20, World War Z), but maybe I didn't check properly (lots of SKU, a few are indeed not in stock)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I went and checked the regular NSW SKU of Ryza since you didn't bother and it seems like it will be in stock the 24 October.
Meanwhile all the PS4 SKU are fully available

All others games also seems to be in stock for the most part (Ys IX, Fifa 20, World War Z), but maybe I didn't check properly (lots of SKU, a few are indeed not in stock)
This Ryza PS4 SKU is showing as out of stock until October 13th for me when I checked. It seems to be the regular sku. Available skus in the top 100 all are more expensive. Switch sku out until October 23rd if Amazon is to be believed.

DQXI S does seem available, it looks like it's just a glitch where Amazon doesn't put its own sku to the forefront for this game, instead promoting other sellers first (same is true on the US amazon site, btw).

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.

RIP Switch version of a successful 3rd-party game yet again.

DQXI S does seem available, it looks like it's just a glitch where Amazon doesn't put its own sku to the forefront for this game, instead promoting other sellers first (same is true on the US amazon site, btw).

Regular version is oos at the moment, but shipment is expected this week:

Back-ordered. Due in stock October 4 -- order now to reserve yours

For the LE, third-party sellers are less expensive than Amazon's own offer, so that's why it's not showing on product page.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018

I don't know about Amazon US, but for Amazon JP, it's not a glitch. None of the sellers (including Amazon JP) ships DQXIS overseas, so it won't show if you have a default address set to overseas. Changing to Japan default address or even signing out will work.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
(Taiwan)
Media Create Sales Week 38, 2019 (16 Sep - 22 Sep)

01./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo) {2019.09.20}
02./01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition (Capcom) {2019.09.06}
03./05. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}
04./02. [PS4] NBA 2K20 (Take-Two Interactive) {2019.09.06}
05./00. [NSW] Doraemon: Story of Seasons (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.07.25}

(South Korea)
Media Create Sales Week 38, 2019 (16 Sep - 22 Sep)

01./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo) {2019.09.20}
02./02. [PS4] eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 (Konami) {2019.09.12}
03./01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition (Capcom) {2019.09.06}
04./03. [PS4] Borderlands 3 (Take-Two Interactive) {2019.09.13}
05./00. [PS4] Marvel's Spiderman [Yearly Edition] (SIE) {2019.08.29}

"The Taiwan list starts with the same games as Japan. Link's Awakening won this week, followed by MHW Iceborne. The evergreen Mario Kart 8 DX rose to the third place. NBA 2k20 is fourth, showing the difference of sport preferences between territories. Finally, Doraemon has been in the market for a while but the game came back once again in the list.
The Korean list was also won by Link's Awakening. The soccer game of Winning Eleven is second and MHW Iceborne went to the third position. Borderlands 3 comes next and seems to be performing better than in Japan and Taiwan. Lastly the yearly version of Spiderman makes a come back with steady sales."

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
This could be the last release of Yo-kai Watch. By the time a new entry could hypothetically be out, the IP will be entirely dead. Level 5 will have to rely on Inazuma Eleven for surviving in 2020, after that the future is unknown.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
This could be the last release of Yo-kai Watch. By the time a new entry could hypothetically be out, the IP will be entirely dead. Level 5 will have to rely on Inazuma Eleven for surviving in 2020, after that the future is unknown.

Nah, they're totally going to push YW2 and 3 Remasters on Switch (and probably the whole trilogy to PS4 if YW4++ sales don't scare them enough). Now after that, who knows. Anime series is still doing ok, I'd wait and see what happens with it before declaring the series dead. But yeah, not really hopeful..

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Since EA has shut down the offices in Japan, promotion is more limited for FIFA this year. With no direct contact between the company and retailers anymore a big scale back must be expected for future releases, from advertising to size of shipments.
+--
Sinobi can see success with Nintendo returning to Wii Fit and Brain Age genres but it will depend on strength of Switch and how much they are willing to push them as they have to create an audience for these games again.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Since EA has shut down the offices in Japan, promotion is more limited for FIFA this year. With no direct contact between the company and retailers anymore a big scale back must be expected for future releases, from advertising to size of shipments.
Huh, didn't know about that. Any particular reason why they shut it down?

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, didn't know about that. Any particular reason why they shut it down?
EA had massive lay offs around the world last March. Japan and Russia paid bigger price with closure of offices apparently for being among the worst performing territories. EA stll maintans the office in Asia and Japan is leaded from there.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
EA had massive lay offs around the world last March. Japan and Russia paid bigger price with closure of offices apparently for being among the worst performing territories. EA stll maintans the office in Asia and Japan is leaded from there.
I see. I guess it's not that surprising given that EA games are more popular in SEA than in Japan, I feel.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they're totally going to push YW2 and 3 Remasters on Switch (and probably the whole trilogy to PS4 if YW4++ sales don't scare them enough). Now after that, who knows. Anime series is still doing ok, I'd wait and see what happens with it before declaring the series dead. But yeah, not really hopeful..
They can try but except that nobody will care in Japan they have to find who will do the localization for west since there in no way Nintendo will share the work that was done on 3DS.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My theory is that due to the overwhelming success of first party games they see an environment with more competition and more hostile.

This is fallacious thinking though, so I don't think it's true. For example, look at the top 10 sellers in the west for PS4 vs Switch. Sure, the top 10 for ps4 has third parties but it's all madden and cod. If you're a smaller third party it doesn't matter what the best sellers are, it's still not you. If you look at indie sales on Switch they are significantly outperforming other versions. Why? Even with significant first party competition there's still less competition overall.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This is fallacious thinking though, so I don't think it's true. For example, look at the top 10 sellers in the west for PS4 vs Switch. Sure, the top 10 for ps4 has third parties but it's all madden and cod. If you're a smaller third party it doesn't matter what the best sellers are, it's still not you. If you look at indie sales on Switch they are significantly outperforming other versions. Why? Even with significant first party competition there's still less competition overall.
I start from the theory that there is no reasonable answer so it has to be something absurd.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest went high at opening since pre-orders at eShop were low.

Atelier also looks to have been hit from shortage at retail.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
yup, Turns out to be so.

I do remember saying back in 2017 and 2018, questioning the point of the remakes considering how small the company was.
I said at least SS remake should be on Switch, since SS only had one screen on GBA to begin with.
Even at it's low resolution, and maybe even eshop only, with no HD assets, I think it would've been more fruitful than the 3DS.

not that it would've 100% saved a bankruptcy lol. I don't know that since we don't know the full details.

I just know I've said repeatedly for years those 2 games were bad ideas. Even iterated again yesterday in my full quoted post.

and now....

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Community Generalization and Dismissing Concerns of Sexism; Prior Severe Bans for Sexism and Inflammatory False Equivalence Surrounding Homophobia
Back from the cemetery ...

This is the week we get DQ numbers, right? Exciting day. What did the PS4 - and 3DS-versions open with?

Thighs/Butts in general with all the hoopla Twintelle and BotW Zelda got.

I'm just happy as this (once again) puts a big dent in this weird anti-sex movement that's been going on in this forum for the past 1-2 years. Sexy designs are popular, shocking. šŸ’ Who's next?