• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
We've also seen comments, either anonymous or not, if devs being scared of Nintendo "monopolies" and others feeling like they need to support PS (I believe it was a SQEX exec who said they were trying to save or bolster the PS 3 or 4 in the Japanese market). Yet we've never seen any comments from Japanese devs about being scared of a Sony monopoly. So there's some of the context behind why we call certain companies or heads stubborn.

I don't know the context of those comments, but wouldn't they be concerned about the software side of things? It's pretty easy to see that it's not just Switch games dominating the charts, but Nintendo games in particular. I don't think Sony has ever been in the same position and it wasn't until midway through the PS4 generation that Sony started having more success with their first party titles, at least in the west. Traditionally, they have relied a lot on third party success.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Ehh, that's safe to say now in hindsight but in 2016 the assumption was that mobile had killed Nintendo handhelds outside of Japan and their days were numbered inside Japan, and that Switch was going to be a failure. The PS4 was seen as the only viable option. That's evident both from how PS4 hoovered up support that was previously spread across handhelds and other consoles and how light the support for Switch was in its first several years.
Okay, that's fair actually. I guess if the Switch had been an abject failure, that would have created an effective PS monopoly.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I thought you were suggesting that the lack of concern over Sony monopoly indicated some sort of bias?
Whether or not it was factually true, those dev comments contributed to the discussion. Sure there was never a literal monopoly, but you didn't need the interviews to tell you how certain companies felt about switch. You really only had to look at their software output. And again, these dev comments were relatively recent, so after the Switch really took off and PS was declining. Not mid 2000s or early 2010s.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
My expectations for Dread aren't high based on past series sales and preorder charts, but I'd be content if it sold around 50k first week.
Well, according to the numbers posted above, 50k would be the highest FW for a Metroid in Japan. Between that and digital being higher than it ever was, it's much more likely retail FW will be below that.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
Outside of this already being a licensed product, French Bread have done it with more recognisable IPs too:

The sales there are not dramatically different, but they're a small developer (15 employees max) and they're able to sell new versions yearly with arcade improvements and new characters.

I know it's licensed, but since the original melty blood was a doujin game based on another property made by a doujin circle I thought it was a bit unfair to compare it to a standard licensed game. I also imagine that there's a new Melty Blood in the works mainly based on personal relationships between French Bread and TM since we know from localization companies how much TM values their IPs and how much they asked for an official localization of fsn.

I didn't know about dengeki bunko, I was thinking of Under Night, which is an original property (Sion aside) that also didn't seem to set the world on fire.

Fighters of any sort are budget intensive, Skullgirls devs did a good postmortem a million years ago on how expensive it is to dev even a single fighter for a small game

There's routinely stories about how japanese animators are paid really poorly, so I thought that could lower the costs significantly.

Basically what I understand from your comments is that these companies are just barely scraping by? I thought there was a catch somewhere but I can't find it

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
huh, I suppose although Gundam and Evangelion are popular, they are not really mainstream indeed.

Did the Prime series do better or worse in Japan compared to the 2D ones?

Keep reporting them I guess >_<
I think when they talk about "sci-fi" they are not thinking of mecha. They are thinking about Star Wars, Alien, Mass Effect, things like that.

I mean, obviously mecha is sci-fi, but I think that they are talking about a specific type of sci-fi.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I know it's licensed, but since the original melty blood was a doujin game based on another property made by a doujin circle I thought it was a bit unfair to compare it to a standard licensed game. I also imagine that there's a new Melty Blood in the works mainly based on personal relationships between French Bread and TM since we know from localization companies how much TM values their IPs and how much they asked for an official localization of fsn.

I didn't know about dengeki bunko, I was thinking of Under Night, which is an original property (Sion aside) that also didn't seem to set the world on fire.

There's routinely stories about how japanese animators are paid really poorly, so I thought that could lower the costs significantly.

Basically what I understand from your comments is that these companies are just barely scraping by? I thought there was a catch somewhere but I can't find it
I don't know if MB does full pixel art, but it's very time consuming and thus labor and cost prohibitive in the long run for many companies. Even ASW changed BB to be drawn over 3d models- sort of a hybrid approach.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the context of those comments, but wouldn't they be concerned about the software side of things? It's pretty easy to see that it's not just Switch games dominating the charts, but Nintendo games in particular. I don't think Sony has ever been in the same position and it wasn't until midway through the PS4 generation that Sony started having more success with their first party titles, at least in the west. Traditionally, they have relied a lot on third party success.

It was Mochizuki that reported on those comments and it was in relation to the whole "Sony sidelining Japan" thing, so it seems fairly safe to assume it was predominately about the hardware/platform holder side of things. There's really nothing stopping publishers competing with Nintendo on a software level as it is.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
It was Mochizuki that reported on those comments and it was in relation to the whole "Sony sidelining Japan" thing, so it seems fairly safe to assume it was predominately about the hardware/platform holder side of things. There's really nothing stopping publishers competing with Nintendo on a software level as it is.

I thought the sidelining Japan stuff was more recent and the poster alluded to comments made about the PS3/4. But fair enough, I don't keep up with these things much.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that surprised me with the Switch, is that we didn't get the usual "test games" the Wii had because the big publishers missed the mark back then.
But this is understandable as those publishers also took a step back at making small projects and instead focus on AAA where the MTX cash flows.
There's a few small IP I'm missing dearly, like MySims for example.

At the same time, we do see stuff like Momotaro or Fishing Spirit thriving.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
If you are talking about "But because of our long-standing relationship with Playstation," in this video, it's time to follow the guidelines.
www.youtube.com

Ep. 9 .hack//G.U. Last Recode on Switch

We collected many questions from our players and fans around the world on our social media, and asked our CEO Mr. Hiroshi Matsuyama to answer them personally...

It's a mistranslation.
What matsuyama says is .hack series have always been released exclusively for Playstation, so Last Recode is on Playstation first.

It would be much appreciated if you could transcode the original Japanese in question so that members in this thread could see the quote in question.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that surprised me with the Switch, is that we didn't get the usual "test games" the Wii had because the big publishers missed the mark back then.
But this is understandable as those publishers also took a step back at making small projects and instead focus on AAA where the MTX cash flows.

We got lots of test games in the form of re-releases of much older titles instead of the newest/upcoming releases. Just not wholly original Switch only test titles, because that's not really financially feasible anymore

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

The first years of Switch were full of "test" by Capcom and Bandai.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
It would be much appreciated if you could transcode the original Japanese in question so that members in this thread could see the quote in question.
It's also important to note that what a company says and what they do can be different. Remember Nagoshi's appearance at the Switch live presentation?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
We've also seen comments, either anonymous or not, if devs being scared of Nintendo "monopolies" and others feeling like they need to support PS (I believe it was a SQEX exec who said they were trying to save or bolster the PS 3 or 4 in the Japanese market). Yet we've never seen any comments from Japanese devs about being scared of a Sony monopoly. So there's some of the context behind why we call certain companies or heads stubborn.

Nomura said they announced FF7R early in part because it would let japanese consumers know they're supporting the PS4, but they also announced DQXI for the Nintendo NX and had Octopath Travler ready to go for the actual Switch reveal.

SE should not be lumped in with certain other devs whos business decisions don't make sense. Big FF game fits well on PS, but they have a bunch of other things exclusively for Nintendo.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Whether or not it was factually true, those dev comments contributed to the discussion. Sure there was never a literal monopoly, but you didn't need the interviews to tell you how certain companies felt about switch. You really only had to look at their software output. And again, these dev comments were relatively recent, so after the Switch really took off and PS was declining. Not mid 2000s or early 2010s.
I think the question now is how meaningful these comments are. If you assume that developers are so extreme in their preferences for one platform for another, that they are making a highly unprofessional choice to let that cloud what platform they develop for, you are making an extreme accusation.

While Oregano's post points out that I was wrong on whether or not devs had any reason to fear a Sony monopoly, on the other hand it's also a reminder that devs had other considerations when approaching the Switch--they were cautious about the hybrid approach and weren't sure if it would be successful. Ultimately, their hesitancy to have projects ready out of the gate was a mistake, and it's fair to criticize companies for past mistakes and leaving money on the table. That being said, I think it's worth questioning whether or not the most extreme, cartoonish version of things is truly the most realistic one, especially when it comes to multiple companies within the industry.

I think it's best to approach these subjects while considering
- What is the context of the comment being made and how realistic is it that it reflects any real decision making process within a company?
- What other factors could have affected a platform choice?
- How likely is each of those factors to be at play?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's also important to note that what a company says and what they do can be different. Remember Nagoshi's appearance at the Switch live presentation?
He was there as a Sega representative and they are a Switch supporter. Doesn't mean that the series and games he directs have all to be on Switch.

He also says that he would be fine with developing a new F-Zero and co. if Nintendo foots the bill. So it's not like he hundred percent against the plattform.

The issue is how he got to the point that Yakuza doesn't make sense on Switch based on how it performed on WiiU....thats something not many understand. That's like Capcom not bringin MHR to Switch because of how MH3G/U performed on WiiU.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
He was there as a Sega representative and they are a Switch supporter. Doesn't mean that the series and games he directs have all to be on Switch.

He also says that he would be fine with developing a new F-Zero and co. if Nintendo foots the bill. So it's not like he hundred percent against the plattform.

The issue is how he got to the point that Yakuza doesn't make sense on Switch based on how it performed on WiiU....thats something not many understand. That's like Capcom not bringin MHR to Switch because of how MH3G/U performed on WiiU.
I don't believe I implied one way or the other what I expected Sega's support on Switch to be like based on his appearance. Merely that we shouldn't base what we think too much on dev commentary one way or the other.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User Thread-Banned (3 Days): Continued derailment after staff post
Official Staff Communication
Guys, this thread has to stay on topic. With regard to Bruno MB, if he wants to appeal his ban he's welcome to do that and the staff will revisit that case. In the meantime, derails are not going to make anything better. Please stick to the topic of sales.
With respect to the attempts to reach out to the community and provide clarity, I do not believe it would be productive to stifle discussion on what is an ongoing event that has a lot of people in the community concerned. I am sure everyone wants to put the last couple of days behind them, but there are clearly still discussions that need to be had. Conversations that are more important to have as a group and with each other, not just in private messages with the moderation, or in the constructive community discussion thread, which has little traction and the posts we did make went largely ignored. As things stand right now, people are concerned with retaliation if they speak their mind to the group:
So, I've been in this thread since..I think..2007? When I ventured in and was shocked when people said that 30k first day sales for Virtua Fighter were somehow bad?!? (of course I just shut my mouth and learned).

Anyways, I have a lot of thoughts, thoughts that I was planning on sharing here. Some history of the thread, some explanations, frankly some apologies for how I've behaved in the past, and some thoughts on how we can be better as a community in the future.

And then I scroll down this morning after the thread was reopened and see more bannings and posters who I've never seen before attacking the community and frankly I'm pretty sure if I post my honest constructive feedback I'll likely get baited into my own ban.

So yea. I honestly have no clue what to post in here that will meet all the guidelines.

Have fun

If we can't have these conversations here and now while things are happening, they will just continue to happen elsewhere, and this is damaging to the forum as it is then perceived as the antagonistic group, not the home of the community. No one wants that to be the case.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe I implied one way or the other what I expected Sega's support on Switch to be like based on his appearance. Merely that we shouldn't base what we think too much on dev commentary one way or the other.
Yeah but you have to separate between creators and the actual publishers. Like Bamco, Sega or Dye are all Switch supporters despite some of their top producers not being on Switch for various reasons.

In the case of Nagoshi at the Switch press conference he was there as an Sega representative. I doubt he himself as a creator was all too excited about the plattform nor would he want to see Yakuza on Switch.

Well anyway thats all, not really interested to have some massive discussion about the same old topic again.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I think the question now is how meaningful these comments are. If you assume that developers are so extreme in their preferences for one platform for another, that they are making a highly unprofessional choice to let that cloud what platform they develop for, you are making an extreme accusation.

While Oregano's post points out that I was wrong on whether or not devs had any reason to fear a Sony monopoly, on the other hand it's also a reminder that devs had other considerations when approaching the Switch--they were cautious about the hybrid approach and weren't sure if it would be successful. Ultimately, their hesitancy to have projects ready out of the gate was a mistake, and it's fair to criticize companies for past mistakes and leaving money on the table. That being said, I think it's worth questioning whether or not the most extreme, cartoonish version of things is truly the most realistic one, especially when it comes to multiple companies within the industry.

I think it's best to approach these subjects while considering
- What is the context of the comment being made and how realistic is it that it reflects any real decision making process within a company?
- What other factors could have affected a platform choice?
- How likely is each of those factors to be at play?
My point wasn't that single comments paint the entire picture, but that the dev comments line up with certain platform holder and publisher actions. It was never the case that we would infer dev behavior being extreme from certain quotes, but how they all added up. As another example, we had Spike Chunsoft lamenting VITA sales with "WHY WON'T PEOPLE BUY VITA?", while they had a perfectly viable platform in the 3DS to bring their VN Dangonronpa to.

No one is accusing devs of being professional and I don't believe it is extreme to suggest that devs have biases. They are human after all and make decisions based off of relationships or even deals. Might I ask where you thought I was creating "extreme, cartoonish versions" of the above scenario?

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Nomura said they announced FF7R early in part because it would let japanese consumers know they're supporting the PS4, but they also announced DQXI for the Nintendo NX and had Octopath Travler ready to go for the actual Switch reveal.

SE should not be lumped in with certain other devs whos business decisions don't make sense. Big FF game fits well on PS, but they have a bunch of other things exclusively for Nintendo.
I don't believe I "lumped" SQEX with anyone or even made commentary on their Switch support. My point was how various, multiple quotes over many years, even close to decades paint a picture that Sony is treated differently than Nintendo is in the JP (and perhaps even WW) market. Oregano has made similar claims as well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved a TRPG Bioshock, tbh.
Like this of sorts?
q9vs12S.jpg

Don't go to the link, it's dead.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah but you have to separate between creators and the actual publishers. Like Bamco, Sega or Dye are all Switch supporters despite some of their top producers not being on Switch for various reasons.

In the case of Nagoshi at the Switch press conference he was there as an Sega representative. I doubt he himself as a creator was all too excited about the plattform nor would he want to see Yakuza on Switch.

Well anyway thats all, not really interested to have some massive discussion about the same old topic again.
I'm curious what you think my position is on this topic, because I largely agree with what you're saying. We're both regulars here and I believe our opinions on devs are mostly the same.

To clarify, I'm not saying that companies are giving all or nothing support; I was trying to explain to a user that not all quotes are what they seem and that multiple quotes over the years have painted a picture of how some devs feel differently about the current platform holders.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious what you think my position is on this topic, because I largely agree with what you're saying. We're both regulars here and I believe our opinions on devs are mostly the same.

To clarify, I'm not saying that companies are giving all or nothing support; I was trying to explain to a user that not all quotes are what they seem and that multiple quotes over the years have painted a picture of how some devs feel differently about the current platform holders.
I was mostly expanding on your statements, so there was no disagreement or misunderstanding from my point of view.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
If you are talking about "But because of our long-standing relationship with Playstation," in this video, it's time to follow the guidelines.
www.youtube.com

Ep. 9 .hack//G.U. Last Recode on Switch

We collected many questions from our players and fans around the world on our social media, and asked our CEO Mr. Hiroshi Matsuyama to answer them personally...

It's a mistranslation.
What matsuyama says is .hack series have always been released exclusively for Playstation, so Last Recode is on Playstation first.
It's their own translation, and it was released on PC day 1 also.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
With respect to the attempts to reach out to the community and provide clarity, I do not believe it would be productive to stifle discussion on what is an ongoing event that has a lot of people in the community concerned. I am sure everyone wants to put the last couple of days behind them, but there are clearly still discussions that need to be had. Conversations that are more important to have as a group and with each other, not just in private messages with the moderation, or in the constructive community discussion thread, which has little traction and the posts we did make went largely ignored. As things stand right now, people are concerned with retaliation if they speak their mind to the group:

If we can't have these conversations here and now while things are happening, they will just continue to happen elsewhere, and this is damaging to the forum as it is then perceived as the antagonistic group, not the home of the community. No one wants that to be the case.

I believe ongoing discussion about the state of the Media Create Sales community would not derail this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/constructive-community-discussion.270630/

I know you mentioned it getting little traction, but that's more reason for posting the link because not everyone may even be aware there is that on-site outlet for criticism.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The energy and mood in this thread has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Not going to state my opinion on how things have been handled, but it doesn't feel great to see numerous people who don't normally post in this thread suddenly appear and smugly talk down to the regulars.

I am going to bow out of this current thread, and perhaps we can achieve some kind of normalcy in next week's thread. That may depend on whether Chris decides to continue, among other things. We shall see.

See y'all on Thursday (maybe).

Last edited:

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
People were talking about Metroid again a couple of pages back, so I figured I should re-post this. Visualizing the numbers always helps.

C4FBEr3.png

Basically, a 40-50k opening for Metroid Dread would be in line with prior games. Dread doesn't appear to be doing anything particularly innovative, other than bringing the classic, non-linear Super Metroid formula back, and I don't think that counts for much in Japan.

On the other hand, there are other factors that could allow it to open a little higher:
  • Samus has gotten a ton of exposure through Smash over the past decade
  • The game itself has gotten a lot of marketing, and while it may not be as effective in Japan as it was in the USA, there's been a constant stream of info
  • Finally, the game is on the Switch and we've seen that can give certain kinds of games/genres a boost
On the whole, though, none of the aforementioned factors are strong enough to allow the game to "break out" as it were. If Metroid Dread sells as well as Fusion, which was the last time a Metroid game got anywhere near 150k in Japan, I'd consider it a more-or-less satisfactory result. Like someone posted a few pages ago, Metroid isn't the kind of game the Japanese audience gravitates towards, and Nintendo knows it. This game is clearly "for the west".

Jul 2, 2021
People were talking about Metroid again a couple of pages back, so I figured I should re-post this. Visualizing the numbers always helps.

C4FBEr3.png

Basically, a 40-50k opening for Metroid Dread would be in line with prior games. Dread doesn't appear to be doing anything particularly innovative, other than bringing the classic, non-linear Super Metroid formula back, and I don't think that counts for much in Japan.

On the other hand, there are other factors that could allow it to open a little higher:
  • Samus has gotten a ton of exposure through Smash over the past decade
  • The game itself has gotten a lot of marketing, and while it may not be as effective in Japan as it was in the USA, there's been a constant stream of info
  • Finally, the game is on the Switch and we've seen that can give certain kinds of games/genres a boost
On the whole, though, none of the aforementioned factors are strong enough to allow the game to "break out" as it were. If Metroid Dread sells as well as Fusion, which was the last time a Metroid game got anywhere near 150k in Japan, I'd consider it a more-or-less satisfactory result. Like someone posted a few pages ago, Metroid isn't the kind of game the Japanese audience gravitates towards, and Nintendo knows it. This game is clearly "for the west".
Fusion being the only one with great legs. With Switch being huge in Japan I still hope for a 50k - 60k launch week.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Damn, I was late for the drama. Wanted to give my 2 cents but too late now. All I'll say is I hope all the regulars banned, like Chris, return to the thread.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
There was never a problem with comgnet before MHW and it's still actual data. Test was a very considerate poster and for him to be threatened for posting actual data is laughable. He's only one person but you want me to believe it was taking up half the thread. Maybe the complaining about it was. And that's the problem with the "regulars" talk by regulars you mean people that fall into my beliefs about how the market should be.

There was already with Splatoon 2 before (also lead to some nonsense like this, I guess even the Nintendo bias in this thread was not enough to allow this kind of user to stay there) to the point, it was already mentioned back then as well, so comgnet MHW numbers didn't get any special treatment and it wasn't about booing Sony, but selective memory can makes you think that, it was deemed to be better to have a FAQ of sort every time Comgnet numbers were posted ( Mpl90 took care of this) because they've closed shops as years passed, because the ratio to sales varied greatly depending on titles, because sometimes the ratio didn't make any sense (due to statistical noise, which Comgnet can be), it's data that can be used but with caution, a big asterisk associated to it every time, and context to be able to extrapolate something out of it.

In the end the consensus that was more or less reached (or let's say what the vast majority wished for as consensus is a near impossible endeavour) was for these kind of data to still be posted here to some degree but not on a frequent basis, it didn't allow for meaningful conversation as a daily occurence and just flooded the noteworthy posts in a sea of flood.
Similar things happened with YSO (whose prediction accuracy fell off at some point), Youtube views/likes for videos, steam peak players, twitch streams, Amazon rankings, vTubers... all of these are "data" indeed, but it's data that are hard to exploit without context especially for the likes of us who are not privy to some key context informations.
Thus everything is more or less allowed in this place as long as it doesn't take too much space, which is exactly what Comgnet daily numbers did.

Following Brandolini's law that I mentioned just before I probably put way too much time in this post than I should have, unlike what you mentioned it was Jawbreaker that used to do these daily charts, he also did it until the release day, the game whose daily tracking was actually stopped by our complaints (like mine, with the reasons being stated clearly) was Bayonetta Switch port, probably Nintendo bias at play there too, doing some ctrl+f "comgnet" on a 66 pages thread gave me results almost every single page so not only did the topics dragged on for too long but they dragged on with data that shouldn't ever be the center of attention let alone be mentioned as regularly as they were.

Oct 25, 2017
The energy and mood in this thread has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Not going to state my opinion on how things have been handled, but it doesn't feel great to see numerous people who don't normally post in this thread suddenly appear and smugly talk down to the regulars.

I am going to bow out of this current thread, and we shall see if we can achieve some kind of normalcy in next week's thread. That may depend on whether Chris decides to continue, among other things. We shall see.

See y'all on Thursday (maybe).
Yeah, agreed. Not going to state what I feel(For obvious reasons) but as someone who has been lurking into these threads ever since the early 3DS days and only participated actively recently, I can only feel livid for what happened these past days. Loss of regulars posters and even permaban of them leave a bad taste in my mouth and god knows what will happen thursday......

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
User Thread-Banned (3 Days): Continued derailment after staff post
I'm shocked that the users that only posted to complain about the community left the thread immediately after people started talking about sales again.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
My point wasn't that single comments paint the entire picture, but that the dev comments line up with certain platform holder and publisher actions. It was never the case that we would infer dev behavior being extreme from certain quotes, but how they all added up. As another example, we had Spike Chunsoft lamenting VITA sales with "WHY WON'T PEOPLE BUY VITA?", while they had a perfectly viable platform in the 3DS to bring their VN Dangonronpa to.

No one is accusing devs of being professional and I don't believe it is extreme to suggest that devs have biases. They are human after all and make decisions based off of relationships or even deals. Might I ask where you thought I was creating "extreme, cartoonish versions" of the above scenario?

I'm not suggesting that human beings don't have biases, but i think i think the broader picture painted by these threads is often silly
- Capcom could put RE7, RE2, and MHW world on Switch, but they won't, because you know, bias.
*RE7 is on Switch in cloud form, ostensibly because they tried to get it to run and were forced to make a compromise
- S-E could put FFXV on Switch, but they won't, because bias (or maybe Sony money?)
*Pocket version is on Switch and this is a game that they really struggled to get to run on PS4
-Falcom hates Nintendo, despite barely releasing competent games on a single platform, and outsourcing ports of the entire Sen sub series with the interim title also coming soon

In regard to Danganronpa, maybe, but I'm also not really informed re: the series. I'd want to see more than a joke comment about wishing people bought more of a certain platform and lack of releases on another (I do believe it was recently put on Switch.) But the entirety of these discussions seems to paint a picture of some anti-Nintendo cabal within the JP industry.

I do understand some of the confusion. Why ISN'T Sakura Taisen a multiplat? At the same time, software on less successful hardware has always been a thing. Can you imagine going through the early 90s questioning every PC Engine or Megadrive exclusive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.