• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is where we act with all of this bullshit, everything has to be about this asshole. Man I am so annoyed today.

OXON HILL, Md. — Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, on Friday blamed the media for exaggerating the seriousness of coronavirus because "they think this will bring down the president, that's what this is all about."

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual gathering of conservative activists, Mr. Mulvaney played down concerns about the virus that is spreading around the globeand panicking investors.

Mr. Mulvaney said the administration took "extraordinary steps four or five weeks ago," to prevent the spread of the virus when it declared a rare public health emergency and barred entry by most foreign citizens who had recently visited China.

"Why didn't you hear about it?" Mr. Mulvaney said of travel restrictions that were widely covered in the news media. "What was still going on four or five weeks ago? Impeachment, that's all the press wanted to talk about."

The media's focus switched to the coronavirus for the same reason, he continued.
"The reason you're seeing so much attention to it today is that they think this is going to be the thing that brings down the president," he added. "That's what this is all about it."

Following the president's lead, Mr. Mulvaney also brushed off concerns over the virus; there have been 60 cases identified in the United States.
"The flu kills people," he said. "This is not Ebola. It's not SARS, it's not MERS. It's not a death sentence, it's not the same as the Ebola crisis."

Mr. Mulvaney also criticized the news media for generally not wanting to portray Mr. Trump in a positive light. But he chose a bizarre example, claiming it refuses to cover what he described as Mr. Trump's loving relationship with his 13-year-old son, Barron.
He said Mr. Trump is in frequent contact with his youngest son, calling to check in on him and let him know of his whereabouts. But, Mr. Mulvaney said, "the press would never show you that because it doesn't fit that image of him, the press wants him to be this terrible monster."
www.nytimes.com

Trump Criticizes Media for Coverage of Coronavirus (Published 2020)

The president seeks to reassure the public while blaming the media and Democrats for trying to score points by exaggerating the threat of the outbreak.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Mr. Mulvaney also criticized the news media for generally not wanting to portray Mr. Trump in a positive light. But he chose a bizarre example, claiming it refuses to cover what he described as Mr. Trump's loving relationship with his 13-year-old son, Barron.

He said Mr. Trump is in frequent contact with his youngest son, calling to check in on him and let him know of his whereabouts. But, Mr. Mulvaney said, "the press would never show you that because it doesn't fit that image of him, the press wants him to be this terrible monster."

That, or because that's not news...?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Most diseases and epidemics have a liberal viewpoint.

It is known. I heard this from a reliable source on AM radio.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
If you described my relationship with my daughter as, "he checks in on her and lets her know of his whereabouts," you would call me negligent and absent. I know presidents are frequently busy and traveling but does he ever actually just hang out with his son?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Bullshit of course, but those who support Trump will believe it and it will shore up their support for him while simultaneously putting the media and their reputation at risk.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, do conservatives believe in anything anymore, other than fucking conspiracy theories???

Honestly doubt it. Trump's the sort of dude who got all his news off Fox pundits, Info Wars, and Brietbart, and he's successfully infected his entire damn admin with this mindset.

We're living in a world where the government itself is on board with 4chan "conspiracy theorists" in trying to concoct different ways for liberal SJWs to somehow be responsible for everything and I just want it to all stop.

Oct 29, 2017
Several times this past week I have tuned into the Rush Limbaugh show, and pretty much each time he has been ranting and raving about the Coronavirus and how it's not as bad as it is being reported. This, from the guy with advanced lung cancer after saying for decades that smoking doesn't kill you.

He also said some dumb shit yesterday like "don't conform!" to what "everyone else is doing" in regards to worrying about the virus, or postponing travel arrangements, vacations, purhcases, etc because of the virus. Also in regards to an economic downturn. Just because the economy might tank doesn't mean you have to live like the economy is tanking!

It's hard for me, even now, to fully articulate the madness he was spitting from his stupid face lol

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I'm starting to wish someone, anyone, would slip DJT and his entire staff enough acid to get these asshats to kill their fucking egos.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
We are maybe three news cycles away from Fox News claiming that Biden created the virus in a lab in Ukraine to damage Trump.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
This public health crisis is ABOUT ME, says narcissistic asshole who thinks everything is about him.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
You know if all old conservatives want to deny this is a thing and then get it...

At least it works out better than climate change denial.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Fox News meanwhile had a quarantined patient and his daughter on a segment and he couldn't stop coughing in his daughter's face:

May 29, 2019
I believe this is the media/dem/deep state/never trumpers'/etc. goal because I might be an idiot... I'll have to watch Fox News tonight to find out, though.

Fox News meanwhile had a quarantined patient and his daughter on a segment and he couldn't stop coughing in his daughter's face:

😌 This is the media I needed, thanks.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
theweek.com

Trump Jr. claims Democrats want coronavirus to kill 'millions of people,' prompting congressman to threaten 'serious altercation'

The latest Speed Read,/speed-reads,,speed-reads, breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at The Week
Donald Trump Jr. on Friday suggested Democrats are hoping the coronavirus kills millions of Americans, prompting one Democratic congressman to essentially threaten to physically fight him.

Trump Jr. spoke to Fox & Friends on Friday and asserted that Democrats are using the coronavirus crisis to try to hurt President Trump, claiming they "seemingly hope that it comes here and kills millions of people so that they can end Donald Trump's streak of winning." He added this is a "new level of sickness."

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
So they're worried about the same tactic they tried to used being used against them. This is insane levels of paranoia and narcissism.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Seems like a good place for this.

twitter.com

Aaron Rupar on Twitter

“Fox News just interviewed a Pennsylvania man who went through the coronavirus quarantine process -- but he couldn't stop coughing during the interview 😳 https://t.co/kzoIYQM8x6”

Edit: lol already posted, my bad.

Fucking idiots!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the media wasn't covering it as much 4 weeks ago as they are now....because it was not at this level 4 weeks ago. Funny how things tend to change over time.