• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Looks amazing. Excited to play this once I upgrade my PC next year, my 1080ti/7700k is not holding up well in VR. Hopefully the word of mouth on this is great after launch.

1080Ti? Shiiiit, I plan on playing this on my 980Ti. Then again im still using my CV1, so resolution is not demanding.

I'm prob waiting a year or two myself, then will simultaneously splurge on a new PC build and VR headset. I'm waiting for one more generation of gpus to ensure VR future proofing for the gen. Although who knows, with things like DLSS and VRS already here and then foveated rendering (hopefully) near, next gen VR may require less power than we think.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The movements are not canned animations (in a good vr game) and they are all directly representative of your own movement.

Depends on the game though, I don't know if in this game the guns are stuck to your hands, or if it is a fully interactive object you are holding.
Are there games that let you throw your gun at another player?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, I'll be picking it up on Steam because unlike Oculus when they delist games they don't completely remove your access to it like Oculus announced they're doing with a bunch of Sanzaru games this morning.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
I really wish I could get used to smooth locomotion because this looks so good! I tried Pavlov on the Quest and got sick within minutes... Tried for several days after that to get my "legs" but still just got sick within 2-3 minutes of gliding around

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game has native Oculus support on Steam and is able to maintain 90fps on a 3070 so I can play wirelessly on my Quest 2.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not Oculus Store only btw. Oculus approved a Steam release so that MP would have a higher player count. You should probably add this to the OP? Seems a lot of people dont know

Blackrobe

Nov 1, 2019
Definitely going to pick it up on Steam.

I hope it's a great game, the more high quality VR content the better!

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the price? That's usually the make it or break it point of VR multiplayer games.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, I'll be picking it up on Steam because unlike Oculus when they delist games they don't completely remove your access to it like Oculus announced they're doing with a bunch of Sanzaru games this morning.

Wait, what? What is this about? Delisting and removing from your library?

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I assumed this was Oculus exclusive, now they have my attention.

I sold my Oculus a couple months ago due to the Facebook requirements, but this is definitely going on my Steam wishlist for when I get around to picking up an Index or something.

How is the Pavlov community nowadays? I think that's probably a good analogue for how big we can expect the community to be on this one.

Last edited:

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I just learned last week that this is coming to Steam and it's coming so soon. I had put a mental ignore on this game entirely so I guess that ignore worked really well until I randomly ended up on that Steam page. This might be the game to spend Christmas holidays with, depends on the price I suppose. I'm hoping 40€ but more than that and it's probably a pass for now. Unfortunately I feel like it's going to be a full price game..

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
This looks slick as hell, I can't wait. And it mentioned AI opponents in the description, so bots confirmed?? Hell yes!
There's is an unbelievable amount of personality to those gunfights. Idk if it's just the standard animations or if the players are moving their guns, but it looks like a John wick film.
Looks like a mix of animations and the player "acting out" certain behaviors. You can add a bunch of your own flair and personality to the gameplay in stuff like this. It's usually unecessary but you feel cool as hell lol

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No PSVR is a given, but will it be on standalone Quest/Quest 2?
They will look into it after the PC release.
www.roadtovr.com

'Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond' Could Come to Quest 2, Says Executive Producer

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, the next big Oculus Studios game, began production years before even the original Quest launched; as such the game has been built from the ground up for PC VR platforms. However, Oculus Studios and Respawn Entertainment say they plan to investigate the...
I just learned last week that this is coming to Steam and it's coming so soon. I had put a mental ignore on this game entirely so I guess that ignore worked really well until I randomly ended up on that Steam page. This might be the game to spend Christmas holidays with, depends on the price I suppose. I'm hoping 40€ but more than that and it's probably a pass for now. Unfortunately I feel like it's going to be a full price game..
Did Oculus ever release a game more expensive than 39,99€? I think even Asgard's Wrath was 39,99€ at launch.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This has been on the top of my day 1 buy list and I had no idea it even had multiplayer.

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
Quest 2 was ordered last week along with a link cable. Link cable has arrived, just waiting on the headset to dispatch.

Should be on time for this.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I don't think there's a price yet...my guess is either $40 or $60. I'd say 60 is somewhat likely considering it's a full fledged single player and multiplayer experience made by reputable developers. It's up there with HL Alyx on an extremely short list of VR games that (seemingly) deserve to be full priced.

If it's full fledged like Alyx then I'd happily pay $60. They seem to have really put a lot of time and effort into the campaign and it shows so far. Can't wait!

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea this wasn't an exclusive anymore! Awesome news! Only issue is its 2 days after Cyberpunk lol

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Its weird that Respawn which is Infinity Ward which became big because they had a game called "MOH Killer" is now doing MoH, right?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's a good idea to go back to WW2 with a VR game - I think it's a lot more manageable from a weapons standpoint for multiplayer.
Respawn making VR MoH sounds awesome, but on the other hand I haven't bought an EA game in a very long time. Might be close to 10 years by now.

No idea yet if this will be the game that will break the camels back and manage to do that.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Watched the trailer over again...looks like ragdoll physics aren't in. I could have sworn campaign gameplay had enemies ragdolling from grenades. Bummer.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm intrigued, this looks and sounds a lot more like classic MoH MP than I was expecting a VR game to and I like that

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Wow. Didn't know that! Crazy.
It's the craziest full circle. 2015 develops MOH: AA for EA, bunch of devs unsatisfied with EA and 2015 leave and form Infinity Ward. Infinity War develops Call of Duty for Activision as a direct competitor to MOH. CoD blows up, bunch of Infinity Ward devs unsatisfied with Activision leave to form Respawn. Respawn makes Titanfall with funding from EA and then is bought out by EA. Now Respawn is developing the new MOH game.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
This is my most-hyped game the rest of the year. What a stellar year for AAA VR between Alyx and MoH. Tested's interview made it sound like MoH is going to have a longer campaign than Alyx and that's without taking multiplayer into account. That's a lot of content and replayability so I fully expect this to be a $60 game when it releases in about a week. Crazy that it's so close and we still can't pre-order or even know what the price is.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, that this isn't a multiplayer-only game. I didn't even know it has multiplayer until today. It's a fully-fleged MoH game with a campaign:

Oh, I didn't know this had a full campaign too. I will probably jump in on this, it looks really good. The only difficulty is finding time to play.

Kinda wish since they put in the effort for multiplayer netcode that they made the campaign coop but oh well, can't have it all I guess.