• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man now I'm just picturing those undercover missions from MOH1 but in VR.... sweeeeeeeeet

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is not a Premium Titanfall Product.

Also, the humor in Respawn working on MoH is not lost here. The video game industry is a weird beast.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yes.

Rift (and Quest once it receives PC VR via USB update next year).
thanks for the confirm that Quest will be able to play it through USB.

Huh that's dope. I only have PSVR but that's good to hear considering the entry point price of headsets.
Yep, it's a big reason why people are real chill about Oculus exclusives nowadays. They can buy the games in the Oculus store and play them on whatever headset through Steam.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
'Above and Beyond' is such a fun title given the history of the team.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
And it even has the same graphic fidelity as the old games!
/s

It looks okay but I fear it will just be another 3 hour throwaway experience like all these other VR games. This needs a full blown campaign and multiplayer to really be worthwhile.
They didn't mention overall length but in the Tested video they do say it will have at least 50 "levels" and multiplayer at launch.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda cool and nostalgic. All I can think of now is showing my papers in VR as I make my way into a submarine base undercover. Allied Assault was ace.

Oct 26, 2017
And it even has the same graphic fidelity as the old games!
/s

It looks okay but I fear it will just be another 3 hour throwaway experience like all these other VR games. This needs a full blown campaign and multiplayer to really be worthwhile.

Full blown campaign. 10-12 hour campaign, 50 levels, up to 180 devs working on it. It's going to be the first "AAA" VR game.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, cant wait to try this. Done right, shooters are ridiculously immersive in VR and Respawn knows how to make a shooter.

Also, it's crazy that in all these years EA has not put out a new MOH. This series should have been competing with COD.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Can someone explain why this is coming full circle?
A rough gist: Vince Zampella and Jason West created Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which in my opinion, is the high point of the entire franchise and one of the best (especially multiplayer) WWII shooters ever made. After MOHAA launched, Vince and Jason left and founded Infinity Ward, where they created the Call of Duty franchise and continued to work on those games through Modern Warfare 2. After a bunch of BS with Activision, Vince and Jason founded another company, Respawn Entertainment, who are responsible for Titanfall. While Jason left Respawn in 2013, this is Vince's (well his company's; don't think he actually does development anymore) first shake at a Medal of Honor title since 2002.

If MOHAA is any indicator, this game could really be something special.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
There's a preview with Tested that shows some on and off-screen gameplay footage.

Some fun details too, like the enemy AI listening for and rushing you after hearing the M1 Garand 'Ping' sound.

Oct 27, 2017
Feb 10, 2018
I wonder why they have gone for a more cartoon artstyle in the character models or is it just the limitations of VR?

Facebook really need to get the oculus rift on xbox or PlayStation, there games are starting to appeal to me, but Im not going to spend like ÂŁ800 to upgrade my PC so it will work well with the Rift.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook really need to get the oculus rift on xbox or PlayStation, there games are starting to appeal to me, but Im not going to spend like ÂŁ800 to upgrade my PC so it will work well with the Rift.
Probably not going to happen. The whole point of the Rift and Quest is to get you in to their ecosystem. This is why Quest is being prioritized since it's self contained and is basically an Oculus console. Makes no sense to put their headset and games on another ecosystem without some major quid pro quo (like putting Iron Man VR on the Oculus store).

Feb 10, 2018
Probably not going to happen. The whole point of the Rift and Quest is to get you in to their ecosystem. This is why Quest is being prioritized since it's self contained and is basically an Oculus console. Makes no sense to put their headset and games on another ecosystem without some major quid pro quo (like putting Iron Man VR on the Oculus store).

Yeah your probably right, but if Facebook and Microsoft weren't so stubborn they could really help each other out.

Facebook would get the installbase of xbox and exclusive games from xbox studios and Microsoft would get a selling point of VR but without the risk, they both win.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah your probably right, but if Facebook and Microsoft weren't so stubborn they could really help each other out.

Facebook would get the installbase of xbox, and Microsoft would get a selling point of VR but without the risk, they both win.
I think if/when Microsoft gets in to VR, they'll just use an Xbox specific version of their WMR headsets. Or just make the next Xbox compatible with existing WMR headsets. That would be the easiest way for them to get in without much risk.

Feb 10, 2018
I think if/when Microsoft gets in to VR, they'll just use an Xbox specific version of their WMR headsets. Or just make the next Xbox compatible with existing WMR headsets. That would be the easiest way for them to get in without much risk.

True. But oculus is still a rather complete solution, with all the R+D they are doing.
Otherwise MS will have to invest to bes as good as oculus + psvr.
But the talks have already probably happend and the store was probably the area of disagreement, Facebook probably wanted there whole oculus store on xbox and ms probably wanted to use there store.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
A new Medal of Honor gets announced, developed by Respawn Entertainment and it's in VR and I'm just NOW seeing this? Fuck, Era really burying the lede today. I'm unbelievably excited.

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
This lools really neat!

How is Revive these days? Remember that both Wilsons Heart and Lone Echo took some tweaking to get running ok for me. Had to make changes that made SteamVR games run worse, so switching back and forth became a hassle. From Other Suns didn't play well for me at all

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my attention. Some of the short snippets of gameplay look to be doing some really interesting stuff.

Now just if somebody would fund a Titanfall for VR.