• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Piranha Games finally starts to show some gameplay now that we are getting closer to release, which is the 10th of December.
It will be Epic Games Store exclusive for a year.

Here's their FAQ for anyone interested:

Last edited:

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Well, I guess there's not much interest in Mechwarrior around here?
Mechforce on the Amiga was fantastic. Liked that turn based model.

LO8cpcK.png

The Mechwarrior games were fantastic with a good HOTAs stick.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I wasn't aware this existed. It looks really nice. It's pve right? Don't have interest in pvp like that other one. edit: ok actually watched the whole thing with audio. Guess it's a buy.

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest fear is that the enemy AI will be dumb and ruin the whole experience. And what was shown so far didn't alleviate my fears.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Battletech was a huge surprise for me, loved it. But, I loved the insane customization of Roguetech even more. This seems like it might be somewhere in between base Battletech and Roguetech when it comes to customization complexity? Any word on that?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this is good.
That strategy layer looks nice.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My main concern is that we still haven't been shown the story side, or the day to day mercenary stuff.

As a MWO whale I have little faith in PGI pulling this off successfully.

Battletech was a huge surprise for me, loved it. But, I loved the insane customization of Roguetech even more. This seems like it might be somewhere in between base Battletech and Roguetech when it comes to customization complexity? Any word on that?
It's going to be far more restrictive than Mechwarrior Online. That's all we really know. There won't be any taking a 3025 mech and swapping in Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous, or Double Heat Sinks.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
As an old MechWarrior/Steel Battalion fan I think there is huge opportunity in this genre. I wish a real heavy hitter developer would tackle it. I'd feel better if it had MS funding behind it like the new Flight Simulator.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's an integral part of the ip and would probably be sacrilege to streamline it, but maaan if my eye's don't glaze over when they go into the mech loadout screen, problem isn't really the complexity but rather how the information is presented, it's very overwhelming.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I know it's an integral part of the ip and would probably be sacrilege to streamline it, but maaan if my eye's don't glaze over when they go into the mech loadout screen, problem isn't really the complexity but rather how the information is presented, it's very overwhelming.

That part I actually like. I'm sure we'd get used to it quickly. What bothered me is there didn't feel like there was any weight to the damage and destruction. A building falls and it seems like paper mache. Doesn't appear to be any knockback or stagger.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I got confused between this and MechAssault 2, but this here looks really really interesting, I'll play it for sure

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

That already looks quite simplified. Especially when compared to MWO that they have turned into stats hell with sub-systems stacked on sub-systems.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This looks fucking amazing! It's been a long time.

My HOTAS is ready!

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Looks incredible, but not a fan of first person. Any word if there will be a third person view option? Would like to see my mech if I'm customizing the hell out of it. EGS exclusive means I won't be touching this until a year as well. Just gonna have to wait until Steam release.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks so good. Mechwarrior 2 is the first game I played on our first "real" PC back in the day so the series has a special place in my heart. I really hope this one is good! ♥️

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
It's going to be far more restrictive than Mechwarrior Online. That's all we really know. There won't be any taking a 3025 mech and swapping in Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous, or Double Heat Sinks.

Why is that a bad thing, it's a single player game. It's not like people need to be building super machines to get sweet k/d.

As an aside, I still think f2p was the worst thing to happen to MW.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
So, it's canonically 3025...but then some 'Mechs weren't reintroduced for another 10, 15 years after. <.<

Though I suppose Endo and Light/XL Engines would make stuff stupid silly sometimes.

What's your favorite 'Mech? Mine has got to be the Centurion Redesign for MWO.

If everything lines up, I can do the triple SRM-6, 2 Medium lasers, A Standard 225, four heatsinks, and 8.5 tons of armor.

Runs hot, hits hard, scoots around at about 70 kph.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this was coming so soon, for some reason I thought this was 2020 at minimum.

Not sure if I'll get this at launch because I have a lot of games to get through in the next few months and by the time I'm done the Epic exclusivity might very well be over. I look forward to the impressions, though. The last one of these I played was Mechwarrior 4; I remember playing it on the PC set up at my parents' kitchen table during the holidays one year. It's been too long.

Nov 1, 2017
I was so excited for this, I even had the most expensive version pre ordered. Then the Epic exclusive happened and I went for a refund. I can wait. It means the bugs will be ironed out by the time it comes out on Steam.

Here's a vid by Baradul playing some of the game. He is often playing MWO and Batteltech.