• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Limits on controller support

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So, zero control of menus with the controller, no way to walk forward and back in the FPS sections and no way to remap it. Pretty amateur hour stuff here.

Luckily the controller defaults when in the mech seem to work ok so far. In the first mission however I needed to use "E" on the keyboard to interact with the salvage crates.

Other than all that, I did an instant action mission and the first campaign mission, and this really is Mechwarrior. Very impressed so far.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a list of what all the default controller buttons do? The remapper only shows like half of them, with functions that are clearly working on the controller shown as "none" such as the throttle and torso rotation

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread not booming? There needs to be way more excitement about this release!

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
How is this thread not booming? There needs to be way more excitement about this release!

Again, Piranha have done pretty much anything in their power not to create hype for the game. No previews for press, no open betas, few trailers in-between, late review embargo...

That is not how you create hype in 2019, in my humble professional opinion.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The narrative stuff is pretty cackhanded and boring after HBS Battletech, but the core gameplay loop is stompy goodness. I'm enjoying it already, and I imagine that mods have the potential to make it truly special.

I feel like they should have teamed up with HBS and let them handle narrative and artistic duty.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
The narrative stuff is pretty cackhanded and boring after HBS Battletech, but the core gameplay loop is stompy goodness. I'm enjoying it already, and I imagine that mods have the potential to make it truly special.

I feel like they should have teamed up with HBS and let them handle narrative and artistic duty.
I'm hearing rumblings of a return of mektek.
The modding potential is enourmous.

Chairdeath

Oct 29, 2017
Yo, I didn't know the main game was going to have the mechanics of the Battletech game I loved so much! The story isn't exactly thrilling but the management/travel time/refit and repair balancing is in here, this is great!

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I didn't know the main game was going to have the mechanics of the Battletech game I loved so much! The story isn't exactly thrilling but the management/travel time/refit and repair balancing is in here, this is great!

Yep, that's how I'm feeling right now. I CANNOT WAIT for my HOTAS to get here today.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Again, Piranha have done pretty much anything in their power not to create hype for the game. No previews for press, no open betas, few trailers in-between, late review embargo...

The name alone should create all the hype needed!

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
It being on the Epic games store doesn't help. Once it gets to Steam I'll jump in.
It isn't coming to Steam, it's an EGS exclusive.

There were press previews, and there was a demo for press as well. The same one that was given to MW5 backers. I've been playing that and the full game since the end of November.

Yeah, the late embargo was crap, I agree. The game isn't bad and I enjoyed it. There are a few minor concerns but the game is solid and has legs.

That said, if anyone want any footage or whatnot, let me know.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019

There were press previews, and there was a demo for press as well. The same one that was given to MW5 backers. I've been playing that and the full game since the end of November.

Yeah, the late embargo was crap, I agree. The game isn't bad and I enjoyed it. There are a few minor concerns but the game is solid and has legs.

Best place for a deal? I know it's egs exclusive

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It'll hit Steam in about a year.

I'm thinking about getting a new one. The ol' X52 is getting a bit old. Whats the hot newness in HOTAS nowadays?

When we putting together an ERA lance?

Honestly not sure. I picked up a Thrustmaster T-Flight X because it was $50 on Amazon and seemed like a really solid way to jump in. You can spend a whole lot more if you want, though.

I'm down to play with Era folks once I have a better grip on things!

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Hopefully someone mods in PvP so MWO can be left to the dustbin. The f2p gimmick is the saddest thing to happen in this franchise.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
I'm thinking about getting a new one. The ol' X52 is getting a bit old. Whats the hot newness in HOTAS nowadays?

When we putting together an ERA lance?
I did some searching. Got a really shitty mad cats era x52 but I hear the new logitech ones are just as good as the old (actual) Saiteks if you can verify which run you are buying.

That being said, I have a Thrustmaster T16k-m that I think I like more than the x52 layout wise. Stick doesn't feel as good as my old ST290 (and presumably a good x52 would feel like) but it is comfortable as hell and the button layout is a lot more conducive to mapping a range of games. And the throttle layout is great with plenty of POV hats I can treat as separate buttons. Not as huge on the pedals but part of that is that I think I've been using the toe-brake equivalent all these years and not actual rudder pedals so... yeah

If you are playing just flight sims an x52's layout woudl be nice, but I would say to just go CH at at that point. But for a variety of games the t16k with whatever addons you want seems the best bet. Part of me actually wants to buy a second stick so I can HOSAS in E:D (and maybe MW5) since that actually works REALLY well from videos.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I didn't like MWO was that you pretty much needed to use KB/M to be competitive.

Now we have a full mechwarrior game that is single player, and I can use a competitively inferior but immersively superior control method.

Also, I can comfy couch it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
The name alone should create all the hype needed!

Your brand name only helps you when people actually hear it. Beyond the announcement, release date and then later delay/ EGS deal, I haven't seen too much about the game in the bigger gaming outlets.

Getting the word out these days is pretty tough, as people are non-stop bombarded by news, media and content. Relying on name, especially one that was been largely dormant for over a decade (MWO aside), doesn't always work.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The MW5 page on EGS won't load for me... It's the only store page that loads endlessly.

Why have you betrayed me, Internet.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out a fix for the "can't move forward or back using a controller" bug that happens in the FPS sections?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
The RPS and PC Gamer and Outer heaven reviews say it all. This game is so good and it hasn't even been patched or received post-release content and updates yet.

I hope this sells a lot

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to play coop and keep getting failed to connect to server errors. We're past the required mission in the single player campaign. I can't find any official troubleshooting forum for the game. Anyone have any ideas, or been able to get coop to work?

corin7

Oct 27, 2017
So this turned out pretty good. Def some technical hiccups a little stuttering here and there, voice acting cutting out.. but having an absolute blast with it.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to play coop and keep getting failed to connect to server errors. We're past the required mission in the single player campaign. I can't find any official troubleshooting forum for the game. Anyone have any ideas, or been able to get coop to work?
I had no problems with co-op playing with a friend in the pre-order beta, but I haven't had a chance to try the retail release yet. Have you tried asking in the official Discord? There is no official forum, just the Discord and a tech support e-mail address: [email protected]

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had no problems with co-op playing with a friend in the pre-order beta, but I haven't had a chance to try the retail release yet. Have you tried asking in the official Discord? There is no official forum, just the Discord and a tech support e-mail address: [email protected]
Thanks, we ended up on their discord. The problem went away when we tried later. Not sure what changed.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Oh man I forgot all about this. MechWarrior 2 is one of the games that made realise how fucking great video games are.
Sadly my current computer is potato jerry-rigged to a rudimentary screed, so I'll be hoping that Xbox port becomes a reality.

I really think MechWarrior could be a huge franchise for Microsoft, no idea why they have done so little with it and licenced it out to small studios?

Status
Not open for further replies.