• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Does this have MP at all or just SP? I haven't been keeping up and forgot it was coming even

SSD is part of the min requirements for the game?!

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Man, I am so torn on this game. MW 4 series were some of my favorite games ever, and I played them almost religiously for around 4 years in a variety of online leagues (VL, SL). I remember shouting with excitement when Jordan Weisman first announced he as doing a new MechWarrior (around 10 years or so ago?).

Now a new one is coming out after 17 years, and I am not even sure if i want to buy it. Sad :(

Any Era people been playing the beta?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looked pretty good, but after multiple delays it feels like they're sneaking this out the door which makes me very hesitant

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Man, I am so torn on this game. MW 4 series were some of my favorite games ever, and I played them almost religiously for around 4 years in a variety of online leagues (VL, SL). I remember shouting with excitement when Jordan Weisman first announced he as doing a new MechWarrior (around 10 years or so ago?).

Now a new one is coming out after 17 years, and I am not even sure if i want to buy it. Sad :(

Any Era people been playing the beta?
Beta, no. Full game, yes. Can't really say much until the review drops.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
That is unfortunate. I played MWO for an hour or so, but it felt way too F2P (I know it is) with the number of different currencies it had.

To be honest, it didn't even occur to me that a new MW game could not have PvP :(
I don't blame ya, I didn't care much for it either, mostly due to how F2P it is and lack of PvE, so I'm pretty stoked for MW5 as it's story driven but lack of a new PvP does suck.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Oh wow, I didn't know there was no multiplayer in this, that's a big disappointment. I hope this turns out great though, it's been way too long since a good mech game.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I got confused because I thought of Mechassault Lone Wolf but its Mech warrior. Hope its good, mech games are always needed.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know there was no multiplayer in this, that's a big disappointment. I hope this turns out great though, it's been way too long since a good mech game.
Yeah that made my interest fall off a cliff, I would've definitely bought it for MP (and maybe VR)

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017

I think there is co-op unless they have removed it.

That is unfortunate. I played MWO for an hour or so, but it felt way too F2P (I know it is) with the number of different currencies it had.

To be honest, it didn't even occur to me that a new MW game could not have PvP :(

When was the last time you played it? I think I played it when it came out and hated it. Came back to it about a year ago and really enjoy it now.

Community is great too, its very mature and I have seen very little toxicity.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I think there is co-op unless they have removed it.

When was the last time you played it? I think I played it when it came out and hated it. Came back to it about a year ago and really enjoy it now.

Community is great too, its very mature and I have seen very little toxicity.

that was fairly early on, so many years ago. But whenever I see anything about their monetization or shop, I am turned off all over again.

The gameplay could be a lot of fun, for all I know^^

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
I'll wait for reviews. Don't like it's egs exclusive and I find epics store quite expensive too.

Oct 28, 2017
This is looking rather good, I'm going to be jumping in on Tuesday. General feedback from the beta seemed positive, some people on the fence either way about the AI, but universally praising the core gameplay.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay could be a lot of fun, for all I know^^

MWO core gameplay, the giant robots stomping giant robots thing, was *amazing* from the start, but IGP/PGI lead was also equally terrible and, with time, it created a clusterfuck of a game.

MW5 seems to keep the gameplay (as it should, it really was that good), but is still a PGI product and thus I have close to zero faith on it. At least I won't be even tempted to buy it for a year :P, so I'll have plenty of time to see how it settles and evolves.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what a bad trailer, I almost wrote off the game because of it. Because I was expecting a simulator, but the trailer made it look like the game was played entirely third person, not one moment was shown inside a mech. I had to look up a video of actual gameplay to see that, OK, this is a real Mechwarrior game.

DarkenedSoul

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was super excited for this when it was announced with a tease of potential VR. I understand the lack of VR but it's still a slight disappointment.

Nov 1, 2017
I had the ultimate I think it was version pre ordered. Then they did the Epic store exclusive and I got a refund.

Guess I'll be waiting the half a year to year or whatever time it takes to come out on Steam, if nothing else the bugs will be taken care of by then.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, what a bad trailer, I almost wrote off the game because of it. Because I was expecting a simulator, but the trailer made it look like the game was played entirely third person, not one moment was shown inside a mech. I had to look up a video of actual gameplay to see that, OK, this is a real Mechwarrior game.
I've been looking forward to this game for yonks too but that trailer was really average.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Only 3 days. I don't see a general anywhere. Isn't that typically done 3 days in advance?
Might have to figure out how to make it myself.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching some of the promotional 'influencer'-based trailers they've been putting up on YouTube and that makes it look real good. I really wonder if this one will be solid.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
looking at the graphics the SSD min requirement must be a mistake

hopefully it is. want to play, and with the mechwarrior 2 soundtrack...

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My my wanted game of 2020, that became my most wanted game of 2021. Hopefully it'll be patched to hell and cheap when I buy it, for a 70/30 split.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for reviews and release on a different store. MechWarrior is not so close to my heart as to be day1

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
What SSD has to do with graphics?

SSD could be minimum requirement for world and universe streaming.

Low Environmental complexity, large amount of repeated identical objects (eg trees) relatively slow traversal and mainly ground based (you can jump jet but not very high) meaning less demanding streaming of large worlds

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018