• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store.

Community Pre-order pilots will be able to access the Closed Beta to access practice missions in November, prior to the game's full launch.
Our partnership with Epic Games store allows us the opportunity to make sure MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries meets our internal goal of creating the best MechWarrior game possible.
Fans looking to obtain refunds from their pre-order of any tier are able to do so by September 1st. Pre-order refunds of any tier will be refunded in full. Additionally, those seeking refunds will be able to keep all bonus MechWarrior Online content from the Standard, Collector and Ultimate Editions of the pre-order, which amount to $100, $180, and $300 dollars worth of in-game currency and content for MechWarrior Online including all bonus items like XP, premium time, badges, decals, cockpit items and more, depending on which pre-order tier purchased.
However, refunded pre-orders will forfeit their access to the full game and be unable to participate in the upcoming closed beta for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, now scheduled for November as well as lose the exclusive MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries DLC items.

FAQ Refund

REFUND FAQ
1 Can I get a refund because the game is delayed?

• Yes, if you request a refund by September 1st, 2019 00:00 UTC, we will process it as quickly as possible. Initiating chargebacks may result in the suspension of your MWO account and potential billing issues.
2 Can I refund my pre-order as the game is an Epic Games store exclusive now?
  • Yes, we will be granting the refunds for everyone who wishes to refund their pre-order and submitted a refund request by September 1st, 2019 00:00 UTC. Once the transaction has been refunded, you will not receive any keys for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, including the game itself, beta access or digital content. You may keep all of the MWO bonus items if redeemed.
3 Can I still get in the Beta?
    • If you keep your pre-order you will still be able to participate in the Beta with a key.
    • The beta will be accessed through the Epic Games store.
    • If you refund your pre-order you will not receive a Beta Key.
4 How long does it take to receive a refund?
  • Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process.
5 I've redeemed the MWO bonus content, can I still request a refund?
6 Will you be removing the MWO bonus content from my MWO account?
  • No, you will keep all of the MWO bonus content if redeemed.
7 Will I lose MW5 Discord access after I've refunded my pre-order?
  • We will not be looking to remove anyone who wishes to stay with us on the discord, however, poor behavior can get you muted or banned from the MW5 Discord.
8 I've initiated a chargeback and my MWO account is locked, what can I do?
  • Please avoid doing chargebacks as we are offering full refunds but if your account is locked please email [email protected] for assistance.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: trolling
Hell yeah.

[mod edit: post reverted to its original content]

Last edited by a moderator:

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't Microsoft own these trademarks and licensed them to the company? And are they not planning to release this on Microsoft's store front? That just seems off if so.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for people who pre-ordered. I just want more Mechwarrior.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well another game to ignore for at least a year if not more, This would have been a day one purchase but who knows when I will buy this now.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that this will dominate a lot of the conversation about the game but it's understandable why Piranha would take the deal. Game is already on UE4 so that aggressive cut and the Epic funding must be a pretty large incentive.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I understand why - they are a small studio and their future depends on Mechwarrior 5 succeeding. Having the Unreal Engine 4 tax removed as well as the piles of money that Epic offers as well as the better 12% cut, I totally understand the decision.

The extra money also allows them to make a better game and keep the lights on.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On point with that subtitle

If you can get more money to make the best version of your game, why wouldn't you take it.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
Well, strike another game I was looking forward to from the list. Hopefully it's just a timed exclusive.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I understand why - they are a small studio and their future depends on Mechwarrior 5 succeeding. Having the Unreal Engine 4 tax removed as well as the piles of money that Epic offers as well as the better 12% cut, I totally understand the decision.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to playing it on...*checks calendar* December 10th, 2020. May the game receive many good updates.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know you've arrived early to the thread when you don't see a (READ STAFF POST) in the title.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I think it's important that people keep in mind how much of a bet that PGI is taking with this game and how much risk is reduced by taking the EGS offer.

Be mad at Epic if anything. This was the best decision they could've taken.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
People here making sure they bring the "it's just another launcher/client" posts before the Staff Post prevents them from doing it lmao

I'm really disappointed that it's an EGS exclusive now.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's important that people keep in mind how much of a bet that PGI is taking with this game and how much risk is reduced by taking the EGS offer.

Be mad at Epic if anything. This was the best decision they could've taken.

Wasn't this crowfunded tho so those who purchased it took the risk already.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Doesn't Microsoft own these trademarks and licensed them to the company? And are they not planning to release this on Microsoft's store front? That just seems off if so.
Pretty sure it's a case of where Piranha can do what they want as long as they keep it on PC and pay royalties as well as any other contractual agreement.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Epic isn't stopping their one trick.

But If ever a game feels destined for PC Game pass it's this one

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

Exactly, plus I don't think that MWO is doing all that well for them these days either. That guaranteed money and larger cut could be crucial for them.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Not againnnn

At least it seems like they have a strong plan and are offering full refunds, they learned from Shenmue

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lol, do some people just have an alert set up for "Epic Games Store" so they can get into these threads asap and post "it's just a launcher" before the mod edit goes up?