• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This was a surprise to see this morning:
AXlyY1I.png

Note that the game won't have mod support until sometime later this year:

Buy MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries | Xbox

BE YOUR OWN WEAPON OF WAR Welcome to the year 3015! It’s a hell of a time to be alive. Humanity has colonized thousands of star systems, war is everywhere, and the battlefields of the future are dominated by hulking machines known as BattleMechs. It’s dangerous work for the elite pilots of...

The year is 3015. Humanity has colonized thousands of systems across a vast region of space splintered by centuries of conflict. The battlefields of the future are dominated by MechWarriors, elite pilots of hulking machines of war known as BattleMechs. It is a lucrative time to be a mercenary.

*A NOTE ABOUT MOD SUPPORT The Microsoft Store version of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries does not currently support Mods. We intend to update the Microsoft Store version of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to support mods. This update would take place before the end of 2020. Mods extend your game even further, unlocking the boundless creativity of the community to alter and expand the game in amazing ways.

More info about the game is available in the OT if you're curious.
www.resetera.com

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries |OT| "In Real Combat, Speed Is Life"

Platform(s): Windows PC Release Date: December 10th, 2019 Genre: Action/Simulator Price: $49.99 USD (Standard) $59.99 USD (Deluxe) Player(s): 1-4 Format: Digital Developer/Publisher: Piranha Games Size: ~55GB What is MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries? MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is the first entry in...

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
My download is almost finished! Can't wait to play, although I fear I'll be complete shite at it.

Any noob-friendly guides worth reading?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, got a little hyped because I thought it was on Xbox haha. Still great for Game Pass.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
yep downloading now. haven't played a mechwarrior game since the 90s

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
My download is almost finished! Can't wait to play, although I fear I'll be complete shite at it.

Any noob-friendly guides worth reading?

I got it on EGS as my first game in the series. Only but I really struggled with was the movement. The mechs move like machines, not humans. Make great use of the button that realigns your torso and legs.

Maximize your mech armour. Jump jets aren't that useful. Don't carry ammo in your torso. Put it in a leg or something instead. You can google builds for mechs that will help you optimize them. Go slow through the main missions and explore a lot and you'll have plenty of mechs for the main story missions. I like to build a little cash float before tackling them to account for downtime and repairs afterwards. Don't get discouraged by a bad mission. There's an element of randomness beyond listed difficulty. It's supposed to go pear shaped sometimes.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Perfect, I hear good things, but not $50 good things. Gamepass continued to pay for itself.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, good thing I held off getting it on EGS I guess. I've been planning to resub for Gears Tactics at least.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This game is GREAT DONT SLEEP ON IT

Can anyone confirm if it has Xbox achievements?

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Weird that MS literally announced the 'coming soon' Game Pass for PC games yesterday but this wasn't on it...

You know when people say 'this isn't the whole month' every time they announce the first batch of games and people say 'disappointing month'? That.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I hope the Gamepass version has the RTX/DLSS options that were added post-launch available. Metro Exodus on Gamepass was a mess on that regard.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wonder how they'll allow mods later this year?

Only way I can see that working is if Game Pass no longer uses UWP wrappers (if only).

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah forgive the random questions but is this 'the new one' or was there another game like this that came out in the last two years or so?

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Good to see the epic "exclusive" deal still means anything but steam.... On the plus side, that means they hit Games Pass instead and I don't need to buy them at all.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
So mod support when it releases on Steam? Cool will buy it then, and with a discount cause Russ Bullock is a lying asshole.

Keric

Oct 28, 2017
This is great news. My buddies and I were just recently debating caving in and buying this on EGS, but ultimately decided not to support that piece of shit company. So glad we held out!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I tried this out over the weekend and I was very pleasantly surprised. The game looks great and ran pretty well on my system at 4K (i7 4770, RTX 2080) and other than a few tweaks works pretty well on a gamepad, though I'm sure a proper HOTAS setup would be preferred. With a few tweaks and a little balancing toward the arcade side, I think this would work fine on a console, especially when played in 3rd person mode.

I was also surprised to see mechs like the Phoenix Hawk, Warhammer, Rifleman, etc. that are often omitted from these games, and I was also glad to see the Banshee, which was my favored mech when I used to play the board game. Looking forward to playing more.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this could be run on GFN. I have 3 years of XBOX Ultimate but a crappy PC : (