• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So he went from Cowboy Mega Man to Mecha Contra?

I'm so down, dude. Love Bertil Hörberg's work.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's already brought up Contra and SOTC, so I'll just say that the with the player hanging on to the underside of the big snake mech really reminded me of Strider.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks really fun. Like the aesthetic, even if it isn't as unique as Gunman Clive, it still impresses me.

Kinda reminds me of the final boss from Gunman Clive 2, where you have to climb up the robot and shoot the duck out from the top of it.

Oct 27, 2017
The idea sounds nice on paper but I'm not sure it's enough to carry a whole game. Also 14 bosses sound rather low if that's all the game consists of.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was disappointed initially after reading the game is pretty much a boss rush, but after seeing the trailer I'm on board. Looks like a helluva good time, yo

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I like the looks and everything but due to all the Contra comparisons I'm thinking that the audio needs improving.

I mean, compare that trailer to this:

Last edited:

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Wow loving the Contra Hard Corps/Alien Wars and Bionic Commando Rearmed vibes.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Way more ambitious than Gunman Clive and more impressive.

Are there also standard platform levels or is it just boss battles?

Graphics look amazing.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I bought Gunman Clive based on lots of positive opinions, and found it incredibly boring. Played for about an hour or so before couldn't be bother playing more.
This looks pretty cool tho. I like the idea of having bosses be platforming challenges

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I dig the art or not but the concept is right up my alley. Hope there are lots of big bots to fight.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Looks cool, and after buying Gunman twice, I know quality is there. The music sounds a bit low tho, and the sounds effect could get some work. Having that said, it looks great for such a small team of people.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. The vibrant colors and art style looks like a perfect upgrade visually of 16 bit era run and guns

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following development of this game for what feels like ages, even created a thread where I'd post screenshots that Beril shared on Twitter. I've been so excited about a follow-up to the Gunman Clive games and this trailer and info rundown makes it all feel real at last!

The game looks absolutely stunning, very vibrant style. The gameplay looks fun as heck and I noticed some cool controls and methods in the trailer (hanging onto a snake from beneath, shooting pincers to open them). Really surprised and pleased there's multiplayer.

April cannot come soon enough, day one for sure.

Last edited:

beril

Oct 27, 2017
The game has been submitted to lotcheck now. Hoping for an early april release

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty cool, the overall look and sound are a bit "soft" for my tastes though, this needs to be in your face with more rockin tunes and harsh explosions and such. This all looks so...friendly. Gunman Clive was the same, it lacked an edge, for lack of a better word. Still fun games though and I might bite for this one too as we don't exactly see this type of game every day.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
There's an interview with Bertil in destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/the-cre...obots-gay-kisses-and-going-indie-547485.phtml

"I'm excited and terrified of the launch," he explained to me. "We'll see what happens basically and I have to admit, it's not the perfect timing with Cuphead being announced. They're not the same game, but they are similar and being released so close together is not ideal."

Aww, man, I hope this sells well, it looks really good.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely want it. I've been playing Gunman Clive in anticipation of it, turns out I'd never finished either of them. If their quality is any indication, this will be great.