• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no. They are indeed the OG anti-vaxxers, but their reasoning isn't: "That stuff is dangerous and gives you autism" but rather "You lack faith in God as a protector from disease if you vaccinate"
Which, honestly, is even a dumb argument by their own logic, as if all things--intellect, resources, technology, etc.--are gifts from God, why aren't vaccines?

But that aside, the benefit to being able to potentially address autoimmune diseases with this eventually really does seem like a nice silver lining on such idiocy.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm - are there any situations where a partial delete of the immune system would prove beneficial?

As the greatest doctor in the world, if you have a hyper immune system that makes you allergic to nuts and shellfish and other things of that nature, getting a permanent debuff applied to your immune system could give you the ability to eat those things again.

And by greatest doctor I mean ha ha don't listen to me.
unless​

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these children probably don't have immune systems, anyway, as their parents pretty much keep them away from all germs, anyway.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Most of these children probably don't have immune systems, anyway, as their parents pretty much keep them away from all germs, anyway.
The idea that a parent can protect their children from germs is nonsense. I'd call it hilariously stupid, if it weren't for the fact that a lot of anti-vaxxer parents think they can do just that. Thus it is more of a tragedy than a comedy.

The only reliable way to protect kids from severe illness is vaccination, so anti-vaxxers are doing the exact opposite of protecting their kids from germs.