• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many McRibs are you going to eat?

• All of them

Votes: 173 85.6%
  • All of them

Votes: 146 72.3%

• Total voters

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only good McRib was when it was served in the Grand Poobah Meal during the Flinstones movie promo. It was fucking delirious. I've been chasing that high ever since, but it has never ever tasted like that again. I don't know what it was made out of that year, but it has been dogshit ever since. Lord knows I've tried it. But it always sucks. Always. I'm not going to be disappointed again. Not this year. 2020 has taken enough.

47j7w.jpg

I'll never forget you, Grand Poobah McRib.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Checked the thread and was like, "No way, it's back?!" So justordered the McRib meal, 2 cheeseburgers, a 10 pc., and two apple pies. It's gonna be glorious!

edit: Holy shit, $3.58!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just had one for dinner. Should've followed suggestions in this thread and added more BBQ sauce.

Otherwise it was delicious.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Got one for dinner. Was ok. Not as good as I remember. There wasn't enough sauce on it. I want that stuff dripping, it should be a mess. I had to look under the bun to check it wasn't accidentally dry.

the Oreo McFlurry I got with it was good though.

LexusNexus

Oct 28, 2017
I worked at mcds and they kept them in their own metal pan thing filled with sauce. Constantly being heated but not over cooked. No tray. No microwave. Maybe your mcds was bad.

That was the official procedure in Canada. We had to heat the sauce in the microwave and pour it into the tray(plastic pan) which we put the mcrib patties into after it came off the grill. It went into the heated holder after that.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Got one today and enjoyed it. The bread was the most surprising part. Soft!
My last bite or two was dry but besides that 8.3/10

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't know what I was expecting, but the rib in its name kinda suggested I would get ribs, right? God knows what was in there but it sure as hell weren't ribs.
Never felt as bamboozled and betrayed as the first time I bit into one of these things.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what I was expecting, but the rib in its name kinda suggested I would get ribs, right? God knows what was in there but it sure as hell weren't ribs.
Never felt as bamboozled and betrayed as the first time I bit into one of these things.

You bought a 5 dollar sandwich at McDonalds and expect actual rib meat? The sauce does alot of the heavy lifting here. If your walking into a fast food restaurant, lower your expectations.

The only thing that ever surpassed my fast food expectations was the popeyes sandwich. That thing for 4 bucks was ridiculous, especially compared to the competition

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised some places haven't had it in years?? At least in IL we get yearly at this time.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
You bought a 5 dollar sandwich at McDonalds and expect actual rib meat? The sauce does alot of the heavy lifting here. If your walking into a fast food restaurant, lower your expectations.

The only thing that ever surpassed my fast food expectations was the popeyes sandwich. That thing for 4 bucks was ridiculous, especially compared to the competition
I mean, yeah? Hence being bamboozled due to the naming. The thing is a mainstay in the McDonalds where I'm from and I always saw them on the menu as a kid and thought why not give it a try. Never did I expect them to actually just serve a regular pork(?) patty pressed into the form of a rib. The fact that it was minced meat instead of just regular meat, didn't even need to be rib meat, fucked me up the most. It was outrageous.

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Damn, thanks for reminding me.

Definitely grabbing one tonight on the way home. I have to partake in this once in a millennium event.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
McDs ain't gonna get me this year. Every year people hype this sandwich up. And every year I try thinking I'm missing something. And every year I'm utterly disappointed.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Making me think of biking over to my local McD's in 40F° weather or ordering with the app.

I haven't had a McRib in over a decade hnghhhh I should be saving every penny I have

Decisions decisions
old-man-heart-attack.jpg

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I've never had one and am thinking of skipping it again this year because whenever it comes out 90% of people seem to talk about how bad and overrated it is. But I also am curious and may want to get one just for shits and gigs

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
So just had one for the first time and yea it sucked... LIke it wasn't terrible but very underwhelming, don't think ill ever have it again. Rather get a mcdouble and 2 4 piece nuggets for price of mcrib.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last time I had one of these was probably when I was like 10 (40 now).

I have the day off tomorrow; might go get one, just to satisfy my curiosity. I'll also get a double quarter pounder, in case I hate the McRib. If I'm gonna do fast food, I'm gonna do it right.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
I think the last time I had one of these was probably when I was like 10 (40 now).

I have the day off tomorrow; might go get one, just to satisfy my curiosity. I'll also get a double quarter pounder, in case I hate the McRib. If I'm gonna do fast food, I'm gonna do it right.

Hopefully you like it, but it didn't hit the spot for me. I got me mcdouble and nugs just in case and glad I did. Its not bad but just very eh.

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando

The only thing that's come close to this was v Burger King had actual on the bone ribs (and a sandwich) like, 3, or 4 years ago for about the same price.

Must have gotten a hell of a one time deal, because once they were gone, they were really gone.
Never came back again

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Had one yesterday, was fucking loaded with BBQ and onions. It was decent but I felt like McDeath after.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I've only eaten 2 in my lifetime before last night but friends wanted to go all in so 3 of us bought 3 (including me) while another bought 4 and the last only got 1 just to be participating. We weren't trying to race or anything just thought it'd be "fun" to get some McRibs to feast on. My besty was the only one who couldn't finish all of theirs (she got through 2 and was done). I suppose never say never but I can't see myself eating another McRib ever again.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
They should bring back the Wedge fries, is not a MCrib meal without the Wedge fries.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Welp, I tried my first McRib ever today.

Was alright.

I got extra sauce like some here suggested - I think that was unnecessary it was literally sopping wet.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I know it doesn't resemble pork but it is literally brought back everytime pork reaches a low point in price so it is actually made out of pork.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
My wife wanted some of the Happy Meal toys (they're Disney-related) so I got her a happy meal and picked up a McRib while I was there.

It's fine. It basically just tastes like barbecue sauce. I did like that it had a bunch of onions, which was nice with the ultra-sweet sauce.